Notifications
Clear all

Roisin's Roaccutane Journey In The Uk!

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 08/13/2012 6:35 am

DAY 41

Not posted for a while... still breaking out, no immediate improvements but I continue to have faith that the drug is working smile.png Got a spot on my nose this morning and I was really upset, I never get them on my nose sad.png One thing I really need to do is stop over squeezing these bastards, I really went for it last week and I can guarantee my skin wouldn't look as bad as it does now if I didn't, I ripped large areas of the top layer of skin too whilst doing this and I can only pray that once it heals the breaking out really slows down or stops. I'm going to uni in a months time and I really REALLY hope it's better by then sad.png My skin also seems to be oilier this week too? :S

Side effects wise I got really dry skin on the backs of my hands and patches of dry skin on my arms so I went to the doctor who gave me a cream for eczema which has got rid of it brilliantly smile.png If only there was a magic cream for acne!

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 08/15/2012 5:00 am

DAY 43

Breaking out with lots of little tiny spots that were bumps under the skin... being very good at leaving these alone bar one kind of under my chin! It had to go tongue.png I guess the quality of my skin is better, the bumps have really gone down and the remainders are being shoved out now, it looks almost normal with makeup on but the red marks just look so awful from all the breaking out sad.png My next appointment is on Monday so I may ask about that. Back still feels great, only two spots came up when my dosage was increased so if anything that is keeping me positive smile.png

In other news my A level results come out tomorrow, and I really want the day to come so I can get it over and done with. Ahh!

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 08/15/2012 12:33 pm

DAY 43

Breaking out with lots of little tiny spots that were bumps under the skin... being very good at leaving these alone bar one kind of under my chin! It had to go tongue.png I guess the quality of my skin is better, the bumps have really gone down and the remainders are being shoved out now, it looks almost normal with makeup on but the red marks just look so awful from all the breaking out sad.png My next appointment is on Monday so I may ask about that. Back still feels great, only two spots came up when my dosage was increased so if anything that is keeping me positive smile.png

In other news my A level results come out tomorrow, and I really want the day to come so I can get it over and done with. Ahh!

Ahhh good luck with your exam results! We got ours last week (I'm Scottish). I start uni in a month aswel n I'm sooo hoping my skin is alot better! I don't wanna start this course n be constantly wondering if people are looking at my imperfections, if my make-up hase rubbed off or whatever. It's a stress you really don't need when starting uni!

I haven't read all of your log and I was just wondering when you mentioned your back feeling great, I'm guessing you were experiencing back pain? I've been getting some rather annoying back pain whenever I lie down. It's a strange feeling. How did you combat this?

Anyway, I hope your skin improves and you have much more confidence come uni time :)

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 08/15/2012 12:56 pm

Sorry to hear about the tiny breakouts! At least you know all that gunk is getting out of your skin! And I totally feel your pain about the red marks. They are seriously the worst. I can't wait till mine go away!

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 08/19/2012 2:49 pm

DAY 43

Ahhh good luck with your exam results! We got ours last week (I'm Scottish). I start uni in a month aswel n I'm sooo hoping my skin is alot better! I don't wanna start this course n be constantly wondering if people are looking at my imperfections, if my make-up hase rubbed off or whatever. It's a stress you really don't need when starting uni!

I haven't read all of your log and I was just wondering when you mentioned your back feeling great, I'm guessing you were experiencing back pain? I've been getting some rather annoying back pain whenever I lie down. It's a strange feeling. How did you combat this?

Anyway, I hope your skin improves and you have much more confidence come uni time smile.png

Thank you! Good news is I'm into where I want to go :) I hope yours went the way you wanted too! And I know the feeling, I think I'm approaching the post- IB stage where I just look like I get normal teenage spots that can't really be called acne. Huzzah! I think if you're starting this course fairly soon be prepared for your skin to get a lot worse- I'm so glad I've taken it during the summer where I didn't have to leave the house when it was both breaking out and dry- so it may be worth explaining to your housemates what's going on and I'm pretty sure they'll all sympathise/ not really be bothered by it in the first place anyway :) Most people aren't, but we're our own worst critics! But it'll only last about 1-2 months, just ride it out and you'll think it was nothing compared to the years you've had to deal with your skin :)

And in terms of my back I get spots on my back so I was referring to them (spoke too soon though...) but I'm getting back pain when I lie down too! I'm not really doing anything to deal with it because it's pretty bearable, but what I'd recommend is treating it with heat. When I get bad period pain I buy this thing that's like a heat patch you can stick onto your clothes and it really helps to ease it and you can get the same sort of thing designed for your back that you can just stick on and hid under a jumper or something :) You can buy these from most Boots stores I think!

Sorry to hear about the tiny breakouts! At least you know all that gunk is getting out of your skin! And I totally feel your pain about the red marks. They are seriously the worst. I can't wait till mine go away!

Yeah true! I can't believe I have nearly 2 months worth of crap stored under my skin... kinda depressing really haha! But glad to know I have a lot less than what I would have originally had :) Most definitely! I always think the hardest part of a breakout is when it's almost nearly gone and the red mark left behind is very fresh and glowing- and I hate looking in the mirror after a shower!

DAY 47

I feel like I almost have a whole new chin, it's doing great minus the red marks and a few little bumps left :) above the corners of my mouth and between my nose creases the breaking out seems to have slowed and are going, but I have two purple, sensitive to the touch but kinda flat spots on my left cheek that seem to be going down quickly. I find that leaving things alone makes them go quicker, so that's what I'm opting for. Holy flip the blackheads on my nose!!! They're being shoved out, my nose feels all grainy- tried to exfoliate via my fingernails and ended up with little scratches all over it so I'm just going to have to ride the sandpapery nose out! Two new spots on my back :( Both in the same places as where I've had some before... bizarre!

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 08/24/2012 6:18 am

DAY 52

Skin has had a little breakout around my cheeks near my T zone- though it looks vile, I'm seeing it as progress as that area has been quite bumpy for months so hopefully it's shifting now! Though my skin isn't looking great with all the hyperpigmentation and little spots and stuff I can say it's improving. I'm really really hoping it'll look better before uni though. Another thing to throw into the equation is 3 bug bites on my forehead I got a few days ago that make it look even worse! Definitely staying indoors for the next week.

Side effects wise its pretty much the same, I find myself flushing very easily when I'm nervous or embarrassed (usually when driving!) and back when the evenings were hot I found myself waking up in bed sweating and overheating. Sometimes I feel my heart speeding up but I don't think it's anything serious :) My second checkup with the dermatologist brought up the same issue of something rising in my liver continuing to rise. He asked me if I'd been drinking- and I haven't!- so my dosage hasn't been increased. I'm just really hoping it evens out so I can carry on taking the medication :(

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 08/24/2012 11:12 am

Sorry for double posting, just thought I'd upload some pictures to show what's going on at this point in time as I don't like to keep personal stuff on my laptop for long incase my friends or boyfriend see them:

gallery_178894_12476_41057.jpggallery_178894_12476_36845.jpg

Obviously I have makeup on in these pictures, in reality it looks a lot worse :P

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 11/28/2012 5:30 am

Just thought I'd post on here, as I finished my course today. My skin is beautifully clear on my face and back. There are still red marks and the odd tiny pimple but compared to before it's amazing- I'll put a picture up soon. Roaccutane really does work, I'd do it all again if I had to and I'd recommend this drug to anyone. Thank you Roaccutane for giving me my life back!!

MemberMember
(@littleflower)

Posted : 11/28/2012 7:38 am

gallery_178894_12633_52442.jpg

This is my face now- tiniest bit of BB cream on for a little redness but you'd hardly be able to tell. Thank you accutane for giving me my life back!

MemberMember
(@echron)

Posted : 11/30/2012 7:24 am

Hey glad to hear it and your skin is looking awesome. Also You're spelling your name wrong; it's R³is­n surprised.gifsurprised.gif