Notifications
Clear all

My Oratane Experience

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 01/01/2013 11:13 pm

Hey its been a month since your last post, how r u doing?

Btw merry christmas to all of u and thks for posting ur experiences.

Sorry about not posting recently mate. I've been really busy with uni and I've also been organising to move out of my parents house in about a months time. So new year and it could be the best so far.

My acne as a whole is pretty calm, though I did have a minor flare-up about two weeks ago. The cystic acne on my left cheek is still there, might have to get cut out (if it doesn't clear by the end of my treatment). I'll probably put a few pictures up in a few weeks time.

Do you have a log? If so I'll check it out, now that I have a bit of spare time.

usher liked
MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:06 am

Hey bro, good improvements!

I was wondering, but regarding your shoulder acne, how long did it take for it to clear up? Also it seems like the acne left no pigmentation at all?

How did you sleep with your body acne? Did you avoid sleeping on your sides (with the risk of irritating the acne)?

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:07 am

Hey bro, good improvements!

I was wondering, but regarding your shoulder acne, how long did it take for it to clear up? Also it seems like the acne left no pigmentation at all?

How did you sleep with your body acne? Did you avoid sleeping on your sides (with the risk of irritating the acne)?

Thanks mate.

My shoulder flared up around day 24 (on lower dose) and I think it started to calm down, and disappear, within a month and a half maybe. It was still there but not as serve, also my vagueness is because I unfortunately don't have an exact date.

As for pigmentation, only the really big cystic acne has left any noticeable marks on me. In general my skin is just more pinkish/red than it would naturally be, for my face, neck and shoulders (though my last pictures obviously fail to show that).

I have always attempted to sleep on my back, not sure why though. In saying this, I wouldn't be the best person to judge from, since I've always had problems with sleeping.

Hope this helps you mate

MemberMember
(@usher)

Posted : 01/12/2013 5:48 pm

Hey its been a month since your last post, how r u doing?

Btw merry christmas to all of u and thks for posting ur experiences.

Sorry about not posting recently mate. I've been really busy with uni and I've also been organising to move out of my parents house in about a months time. So new year and it could be the best so far.

My acne as a whole is pretty calm, though I did have a minor flare-up about two weeks ago. The cystic acne on my left cheek is still there, might have to get cut out (if it doesn't clear by the end of my treatment). I'll probably put a few pictures up in a few weeks time.

Do you have a log? If so I'll check it out, now that I have a bit of spare time.

Yes Ive started a log: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/blog/2231-ushers-blog/

Today is my 8th day and i decided to start a log since i started feeling muscle pain after my eorkouts/runs which was not there before i started the trestment

MemberMember
(@shinataro)

Posted : 01/21/2013 10:39 am

Seems like your doing well has the acne stopped breaking out and how long left till you finish?

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 01/25/2013 6:14 pm

Day 244

In the past few weeks my face had broken out with a few white heads and cystic acne, but they've started to clear up. We've had some extreme heat down under, so I think that might have had something to do with it (hopefully). Past that my body acne is continuing to calm down, even the areas I don't show in public have really started to calm down thankfully.

Seems like your doing well has the acne stopped breaking out and how long left till you finish?

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 03/01/2013 12:28 am

Day 278

These are some pictures I took yesterday. My acne is worse than what it appears, because the flash minimises the size/colour of the acne, but still better than it has ever been. My lower body still has a lot of cystic acne on it, but I don't think there is anything new and what is there appears to be calming down a bit. Side-effect wise- the only new one is that my nose is extremely dry.

post-177095-0-56037900-1362115351_thumb. post-177095-0-52351800-1362115385_thumb. post-177095-0-21851700-1362115467_thumb.

post-177095-0-83727700-1362115486_thumb.

post-177095-0-56037900-1362115351_thumb.

post-177095-0-52351800-1362115385_thumb.

post-177095-0-21851700-1362115467_thumb.

post-177095-0-83727700-1362115486_thumb.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/01/2013 9:06 pm

You have improved so much! Cannot wait to get cleared up as much as you did!

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 03/01/2013 9:31 pm

You have improved so much! Cannot wait to get cleared up as much as you did!

Thanks so much. I hope Accutane works really quickly for you.

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 03/02/2013 8:53 pm

Day 280

Nothing really to comment on acne-wise, but I thought I'd post since I started getting sharp pains on the skin where my eyebrows are (again). Felt as though I was getting stabbed multiple times by little needles, though thanking using moisturiser has calmed everything down.

MemberMember
(@wellgetbetter)

Posted : 04/21/2013 9:27 pm

hope accutane will help you get rid of or at least calm down your acne. i'm on month 4 right now and hoping it will work the miracle for me as well since i still get cystic once in a while now.

Is your avatar recently? i was advised that alcohol is not good when you're on accutane....

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 05/06/2013 2:00 am

hope accutane will help you get rid of or at least calm down your acne. i'm on month 4 right now and hoping it will work the miracle for me as well since i still get cystic once in a while now.

Is your avatar recently? i was advised that alcohol is not good when you're on accutane....

Are you asking me for my view on if you should drink or not, or are you suggesting that I shouldn't? I am just asking because if you just read just my first comment or two you would have not known that I was pretty much finished when you left your comment.

I hope Accutane works for you, good luck with your course

Post Oratane- Day 4

So this is my fourth day post Oratane (Accutane) and not much to comment on. I still have some facial and neck acne, though I think that shall go once my skin has become less sensitive to being shaved. My lower body has acne still, though it has calmed down a lot compared to before.

MemberMember
(@daniel777)

Posted : 06/06/2013 11:10 pm

Hi jamie, I get chest acne too, I'm on day 21 of accutane. Does the acne scar after it's gone? I recently got a breakout and am scared i'm going to get horrible scars.

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 06/07/2013 5:17 am

Hi jamie, I get chest acne too, I'm on day 21 of accutane. Does the acne scar after it's gone? I recently got a breakout and am scared i'm going to get horrible scars.

Hey Daniel I cannot personally see any noticeable scarring on my chest. My back has one spot of noticeable scarring, but then again it was from a ridiculously large cystic acne. It was about an 3cm wide and 2.5cm high, it also kept popping itself so that did not help with preventing scarring. All-in-all I think you should be fine mate.

Good luck with your treatment and hopefully your skin will clear quickly.

MemberMember
(@daniel777)

Posted : 06/10/2013 3:21 am

Hey Jamie, thanks for your support and reply. I think I just got the initial breakout, 3-6 new nodules(I think that's what they're calle) just popped up over a span of 2 days. How did you deal with them? Some of them had a small white head and popped by themselves when showering. I'm more worried for scars than ever as I already have 2 keloids but that was my own fault. How long into accutane did you really start seeing your results? Progress for you looks amazing! Keeps me motivated day by day. I'm currently on day 23, 20mg/day. Did upping your dosage make you have more side effects? I really appreciate you help and support through these times! Thanks

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 06/10/2013 5:41 am

Hey Jamie, thanks for your support and reply. I think I just got the initial breakout, 3-6 new nodules(I think that's what they're calle) just popped up over a span of 2 days. How did you deal with them? Some of them had a small white head and popped by themselves when showering. I'm more worried for scars than ever as I already have 2 keloids but that was my own fault. How long into accutane did you really start seeing your results? Progress for you looks amazing! Keeps me motivated day by day. I'm currently on day 23, 20mg/day. Did upping your dosage make you have more side effects? I really appreciate you help and support through these times! Thanks

No problem mate. I don't even count white heads that pop from showering, drying and shaving (they do that way too easy), just don't intentionally pop any others. If there is heaps of pus and blood that is more when you might have a small problem then. Around the 124th day I had improvements (cannot remember the exact extent though) and by the 169th day I was really clear, both days are for my facial acne. My body started clearing up before my face, which is not meant to be how it normally goes. Oh yeah I noticed improvements a bit before then, but I am referring to significant improvements, which I am guessing your are asking me about.

When my dose got doubled to 40mg/day my head got screwed over a bit, but that was at an extremely busy time of uni and beside that I did not notice anything to drastic in regards to new side effects (or current side effects getting worse). For the record I was on a lower dose for around a hundred days, I think. I am a bit too busy with final essays to check now.

MemberMember
(@daniel777)

Posted : 06/10/2013 6:43 am

Okay thanks for the information it's very helpful and making this bearable to some extent. I'm just so lost right now, I probably had 3-4 nodes at once max while on doxycycline but it annoyed the heck out of me so I jumped straight into accutane. The thing that's bringing me down is that it's worse than ever, I have about 10-11. But I'm just going to stick through it and hope for the best. I have an appointment with my derm next week which is relieving, I don't like talking about this with anyone, it's real embarrassing and I hate it, but finding someone that's been through the same thing is reassuring. Did you acne get worse than it was?

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 06/10/2013 6:26 pm

Did you acne get worse than it was?

Hey man I am like you I would never talk about my acne in the real world. Also my acne got worse than it had been at the time, but not necessarily as bad as in my teenage years. I was on doxycycline for about a decade, so I think that helped prevent my acne from getting really bad in my mid-to-later teenage years. I personally don't know if you're having your initial break out or not (not everyone has one though), but if you are it means you are closer to getting rid of your acne/severity of it (judging by my experience and a couple of other people).

MemberMember
(@jamie-o)

Posted : 08/20/2013 5:47 am

Post Oratane- Month 3 Day 17

I thought I'd post some post Oratane pictures, so here they are.

post-177095-0-66726400-1376995540_thumb. post-177095-0-48169000-1376995613_thumb.

post-177095-0-66726400-1376995540_thumb.

post-177095-0-48169000-1376995613_thumb.