Notifications
Clear all

My Roaccutane/accutane Diary...

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/25/2012 3:50 am

So hi guys!I'm Christina.I started Accutane on Saturday May 19th(i take 30 mg/day for 6 months,probably even more)and i decided to make an Accutane diary so i can share my experience with other Accutane users and generally other people on this site.I want to apologise for any grammar/spelling mistakes in advance.You see my mother tongue is not English so i think you understand... Anyway...

Acne background:I started having acne when i was about 14 years old.Being very stupid then,i was squeezing the pimples and whiteheads without knowing they would leave purple marks(thank God not scars):/I went to a dermatologist a couple of times,she gave me some topical creams but they did nothing.To cut a long story short,i had been breaking out like crazy for the last 1 1/2 months and since i couldn't stand it anymore,i went to the same dermatologist again with my mom hoping she would prescribe me Accutane.When i went in her office i told her straight away that i have acne problems and that i need Accutane.And she said yes quite easily!At first she was a little hesitant because summer is coming and since i live in a very sunny place,sun would not be good for me.But me and my mom reassured her that i never get out in the sun,so she prescribed it to me!

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 05/25/2012 8:05 am

Hi, Christina! Welcome to the forums! I started Accutane on May 15th, so we're just a few days apart.

I wish you the best of luck on your course. I look forward to reading about your progress! :)

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/25/2012 9:25 am

Hi, Christina! Welcome to the forums! I started Accutane on May 15th, so we're just a few days apart.

I wish you the best of luck on your course. I look forward to reading about your progress! smile.png

Thank you very much:)

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/25/2012 9:47 am

Of course the dermatologist did mention all the side effects and i was a little scared at first but "no pain,no gain" ,right?The very next day i had my bloodwork done,so she could see my cholesterol levels and something else as well.I still have a very small green bruise from it.So,the past 2 days i've been experiencing a lot of dryness on my face and a little on my left arm.I moisturise but still.On the second,third and fourth day of Accutane i broke out in many whiteheads.I think my face got a little redder as well(i have very red cheeks and face in general already).

Back to the present now:Yesterday and today which is the seventh day,my face is pretty clear although very flaky.Also my lips start to get pretty dry,my scalp is very itchy and flaky and i have some muscle pain.My right ankle hurts a little too but i don't know if it's from Accutane or not.Luckily,up to now i don't have any other side effects like nosebleeds or headaches.

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 05/25/2012 1:28 pm

Welcome to the Accutane Community!!! You're going to be clear before you know it :)

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/25/2012 1:38 pm

Welcome to the Accutane Community!!! You're going to be clear before you know it smile.png

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 05/25/2012 2:15 pm

I love my fair skin, too! I'm glad someone else feels the same because it's not very often I come across people who like being fair. I have an Irish background, so I have the fair skin, freckles, and the red hair. And let me tell you, I hated it as a kid! But the good thing is, we aren't damaging our skin in the sun!

It sounds like you're already making some progress. Hopefully you'll be completely clear soon!

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/26/2012 2:16 am

I love my fair skin, too! I'm glad someone else feels the same because it's not very often I come across people who like being fair. I have an Irish background, so I have the fair skin, freckles, and the red hair. And let me tell you, I hated it as a kid! But the good thing is, we aren't damaging our skin in the sun!

It sounds like you're already making some progress. Hopefully you'll be completely clear soon!

You're right!

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/26/2012 2:41 am

Day 8:I woke up today and my skin looks better!My dark marks look like they're fading!Although i do have 3 new pimples and a couple of whiteheads.

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/27/2012 4:46 am

Day 9:Not much to say actually.The huge whiteheads(ew...)i had yesterday were dried up when i woke up this moring.Also,i have 5 kinda painful red pimples on my left cheek,my chin and jawline.

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 05/27/2012 9:20 pm

You're right!I don't wanna end up like this:

valentino-eye17-1.JPG.jpeg

Lol! Definitely not!

That's good to hear your whiteheads cleared up quickly! Crazy how fast things can clear up on this drug, huh? Hope your other breakouts heal soon!

MemberMember
(@ryizzle)

Posted : 05/27/2012 10:52 pm

Hey Christina! I was literally in the same position as you a year ago. I was also 16 when i got my accutane. My acne started about the same age as you and after 2 years i was just fed up. I went on the course for about 6 months over the summer and just finished in September. I can honestly say accutane saved my life. Before it i was afraid to hang out with friends and family. I was always depressed. Now i'm the happiest I've ever been. Im 17 now with clear skin and its been that way for 8 months. The ending is truly worth it.

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/28/2012 2:08 am

Hey Christina! I was literally in the same position as you a year ago. I was also 16 when i got my accutane. My acne started about the same age as you and after 2 years i was just fed up. I went on the course for about 6 months over the summer and just finished in September. I can honestly say accutane saved my life. Before it i was afraid to hang out with friends and family. I was always depressed. Now i'm the happiest I've ever been. Im 17 now with clear skin and its been that way for 8 months. The ending is truly worth it.

I'm so happy for you!Hopefully it's gonna be the same for me too!

You're right!I don't wanna end up like this:

valentino-eye17-1.JPG.jpeg

Lol! Definitely not!

That's good to hear your whiteheads cleared up quickly! Crazy how fast things can clear up on this drug, huh? Hope your other breakouts heal soon!

Yeah.Everything dries up so fast!

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/28/2012 3:27 am

Day 10:My face is like a mess.My lips are very dry.I have a couple of whiteheads and red pimples.When i woke up today i had an "accidentally popped" pimple on my left cheek.It probabaly rubbed against my pillow.

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/30/2012 2:28 am

Day 12:I think i'm having my initial break outcry.gif.I started breaking out two days ago and i still have most of the pimples(right now a few more as well)...

Also,my lips are very dry and yesterday i had a terrible pain on my neck.Anyways,that's all for now.

Something else too!I have a terrible habit of touching my face all the time and a couple of times when i did so i accidentally popped a few whiteheadseusa_doh.gif.Do you think they're gonna scarunsure.png ?I promised to myself today that i'll never touch my face again.

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 05/30/2012 2:08 pm

Sorry to hear you're breaking out, Christina! :( I hope everything clears up quickly. I'm not sure if the popped whiteheads will scar. I think it just depends how prone your skin is to scarring and how they heal. I'm not sure what country you live in, but here in the States we have Neosporin to help heal cuts, scrapes, etc. Numerous people on this forum use it to help heal their acne and prevent scarring. Definitely try to find something similar. It might help you out a lot!

I hate the feeling of dry lips! It's so irritating. What are you using to keep them moisturized?

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 05/31/2012 10:41 am

Sorry to hear you're breaking out, Christina! sad.png I hope everything clears up quickly. I'm not sure if the popped whiteheads will scar. I think it just depends how prone your skin is to scarring and how they heal. I'm not sure what country you live in, but here in the States we have Neosporin to help heal cuts, scrapes, etc. Numerous people on this forum use it to help heal their acne and prevent scarring. Definitely try to find something similar. It might help you out a lot!

I hate the feeling of dry lips! It's so irritating. What are you using to keep them moisturized?

I don't think Neosporin is sold here:(Btw i'm using an Apivita lip balm.

Day 13:My initial breakout is getting a little worse.dry.png

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 06/03/2012 11:55 am

Day 16:I can't stop breaking out...

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 06/03/2012 3:37 pm

I'm sorry you're still breaking out! Just think of it as your body getting rid of all the bad stuff so you can finally have clear skin! I know it must be tough, but hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end!

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 06/04/2012 3:44 am

I'm sorry you're still breaking out! Just think of it as your body getting rid of all the bad stuff so you can finally have clear skin! I know it must be tough, but hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end!

Yeah,i knowsmile.png

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 06/05/2012 1:12 am

Day 18:It's the first time after 17 days that i have no new break outs(apart from only one,new,small pimple)!Yay smile.png !That's probably because i changed my moisturizer.I had a feeling that the first one i was using was breaking me out and now i think i'm sure it did.Anyways,all i have on my face now is dried out pimples and whiteheads.

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 06/07/2012 10:15 am

Day 20:I can't believe it's been 20 days since i started Accutane!Well...things weren't very good today.My face is a mess(stupid initial breakout)and when i went to school this morning,one of my acquaintances asked me "Christina,why do you have so many pimples on your face?".I was like "wth?".Anyways,i said that i'm on medication for my acne and that i get worse before i get better.Besides that,a lot of kids at school were looking at me in a weird way,like "Yikes!What does she have on her face?".Plus,yesterday i went to watch my brother's summer school play and there were a couple of 1st graders staring at my face(more specifically at my acne)all the time!Anyways...What can i do about it?I guess nothing.I just have to be patient and wait for my IB to go away.Btw,lately i've been noticing some dried blood whenever i blow my nose.

7348422298_2580d27a36_m.jpg

7163220027_e19d0a9d47_m.jpg

7163224681_a90bbd19df_m.jpg

MemberMember
(@redhead-rachel)

Posted : 06/07/2012 10:22 am

Hey Christina!

I'm so sorry you're breaking out! And I absolutely cannot believe that you're getting such rude comments and stares. That's ridiculous! I know it must be tough, but hang in there. It will get better! :)

I was experiencing quite a bit of dried blood in my nose, too. I haven't had a full-blown bloody nose with blood gushing out though. I started using a saline nose spray and since then the dried blood hasn't been a problem.

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 06/08/2012 1:07 am

Hey Christina!

I'm so sorry you're breaking out! And I absolutely cannot believe that you're getting such rude comments and stares. That's ridiculous! I know it must be tough, but hang in there. It will get better! smile.png

I was experiencing quite a bit of dried blood in my nose, too. I haven't had a full-blown bloody nose with blood gushing out though. I started using a saline nose spray and since then the dried blood hasn't been a problem.

Thanks for the bloody nose advice:)

Day 21:There's not much to say actually.Almost all of my pimples are dried out and i have like 1-2 new small ones.

MemberMember
(@lazychristina)

Posted : 06/15/2012 12:30 am

Day 28:I can't believe it's been approximately a month since i've been on Roaccutane!Anyways,the past few days my skin has been doing quite well(i guess).I also have a feeling that my blemishes are somehow fading.Now,i have like 3 or 4 small whiteheads and a couple of new pimples that are about to pop out soon enough.