Notifications
Clear all

Finally Agreed To Accutane

MemberMember
(@dakotabricker)

Posted : 08/30/2012 1:48 am

Just read through all of it and what a journey! I hope i have as much luck as you did and no IB like you! Today marks my 3rd day! Id say bring it but i dont want to curse my self.. Come check out my log too.

Also Taylor: hows yours going now? Working not working?

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 08/30/2012 8:44 pm

Just read through all of it and what a journey! I hope i have as much luck as you did and no IB like you! Today marks my 3rd day! Id say bring it but i dont want to curse my self.. Come check out my log too.

Also Taylor: hows yours going now? Working not working?

Yeah I got lucky with the no IB part! Looking back at pictures I think I had a small one, like on my chin mostly. But I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already. But NOTHING compared to many peoples' so I was thankful. I've been on SOO many medicines now for my acne that are supposed to give you a horrible initial breakout but never got one once with any of them.. so I wasn't sure how this would go, but same thing as always with no IB for the most part haha. Yay, good luck with your course!! Okay I'll have to check it out smile.png

And I don't want to exactly just answer for her, but I will say that her skin is looking soo good! We both finally got what we wanted smile.png

Yeah, things are going good. Ive been taking it for about 2 weeks now. My derm started me on 20 mg for the first month, so I'm not really experencing anthing different... yet. Just have had mildly dry lips, extreme exhaustion, slight abdominal pain that comes and goes (Hopefully I shouldn't be too worried) and have woken up in the middle of the night a few times sweating. idk why..? maybe my anxiety? Anyways, that's where I'm at. Going to get my blood drawn in the next few days so I can get my next script soon. And the pictures I provided on that link weren't that great. I posted a recent one on my profile gallery. Check that out and let me know how bad it is... Since it's my skin and i see it everyday I don't really know how severe it is.

Oh alright, I started on 40 and still havent changed throughout this whole course. Yeah the dry lips suck and they will only get worse:/ That was by far like the most annoying side effect for me probably, besides the back pain I had before. But that eventually went away, the chapped lips still never have. Hmm I'm not sure about the sweating, maybe you should research on that to see if its a side effect or ask your derm? Nice, you're already on to your next one almost! I swear, it goes by fast. It feels like I just started taking this stuff last week haha. I went on your log and also saw your video. I can see the acne more now and what you're talking about, but it's really not too bad, so don't beat yourself up about it at all smile.png But no matter the amount, any acne is annoying, especially after youve been dealing with it for a long time. I am sure you will clear up very nicely, don't worry smile.png

MemberMember
(@sammy0521)

Posted : 08/31/2012 10:36 am

your skin looks amazing! are you using the cetaphil cream or lotion? I start soon and need some advice smile.png

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 08/31/2012 12:52 pm

your skin looks amazing! are you using the cetaphil cream or lotion? I start soon and need some advice smile.png

Thank you!! :) Uhmm the lotion I'm guessing, cuz it says Cetaphil "daily advanced ultra hydrating lotion" on the bottle for it haha. Good luck on your course! I hope it goes smoothly for you! Feel free to ask me any other questions you might ever have :)

Just started and so far so good. I think I will start my own accutane forum on here smile.png I feel so gross when I got out in the heat. It's so bad haha

This is part of my acne story: http://www.acne.org/...to-do-pictures/

Well that's good. Things still goin all good now you've been taking it longer? Yeah that'd be good, it helped me to talk about it an everything and get help from others on this stuff. Ugh me too, I can't WAIT for summer to be over. Even though our winters aren't even that cold.. haha but oh well better than this heat! And I looked at the link, I don't want to offend you or anything by saying like you're acne isnt bad or anything, but it really doesnt like nothing too horrible to me at all, so just don't feel too totally down about your skin smile.png

did yoo pop your zits whilst on accutane?

Well, it depended on the zit.. If there was nothing to really get rid of on it or it didn't have like a nasty head then no. But those huge honkers that looked bad I just had to. I don't care what anyone tells me, I can't go out into public with a that thing protuding out my face hahah. But pleaseee do not pick at your face if you dont desperately need to, just dont. I was horrible at picking at my skin and trying to get rid of every little thing and now I am left with tons or awful red marks and scarring. So take it with someone whos experienced it first hand. I still am on Accutane though, and there is now nothing much I can even really pick at lately.

indented scarring?

Well no not too much. Probably like one or two of those. But mostly lots of red marks that my derm said will fade with time. I just hope that 'time' isn't like foreverrrr..

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 09/06/2012 6:36 pm

I'm not sure on the exact day.. but in 3 days I will have been on Accutane for 5 months!!

I got my blood work done today. Last one while being on this stuff! I think you have to go get one more done though like a month post Accutane though right? I don't remember for sure.. My last dermatologist appointment is in just a few days now. I am SO excited to get off this stuff, but really nervous. I don't know how well I would handle my acne coming back when I get off... probably go into some deep depression. Haha I'm so sick of dealing with my stupid/persistant skin! So I hope this is the cure I've been dreaming of for good.. I feel like some addict or something having to stop taking their drugs haha taking this pill everyyyday for almost half a year of my life, then not anymore in less than 2 weeks will be weird! I hope my skin continues to improve even more when I get off, or at least stay the same. FINGERS CROSSED!

So about my skin... the stupid little bumps on my forehead won''t go awaaay sad.png They're like colorless and not like zits (which used to be all over my forehead) but just little pesky bumps I want gone.. Then I got a couple new zits on each side of my cheeks. Kinda liked having no acne at all.. but oh well. I'll take this anyday over what I had before Accutane! They're small anyways and clearing up pretty fast so no worries. Now all I really have to deal with is these red marks still. Ahhh go away marks sad.png

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 09/12/2012 11:51 am

5 months and 3 days

I don't feel like doing the math and getting the exact day number haha so theres that, but I actually think looking at it by the month number like that is better anyways and easier to see the time period.

Okay, well I had my LAST dermatologist appointment yesterday. YESSS, I was soo excited to not have to go home, fill out the online questionare whenever the nurses there put my info in, then go and dropping my presciption off, then going back and getting it within the time frame and all that annoying stuff.

He said I should be super happy with my skin and how well Accutane worked for me, and I am! I am soo thankful for this stuff! Now when these red marks go away I will be 100% pleased, but who knows how long that will take...

Anyways though, I just stopped by to tell you all I had my last appointment and everything went well, and my bloodwork came out good, as it usually does. I do actually have another appointment there to go to, but thats in 3 months to just check on everything post-Accutane. Hopefully at that appointment it will still look just as good or even better! I have one more bloodwork to do though at the end of this month though cuz it will still be in my system for a while, but then Im all done with those too! Hope everyone is doing well! smile.png

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 10/28/2012 5:33 pm

SO. Dissapointed. I don't even know what to say. Like two weeks after I stopped Accutane the acne just started slowly coming back and now Ive been off it a little over a month and things just aren't good. I have little zits and bumps all over my face once again. This is definitely not what I thought would happen after being on this pain in the ass drug for almost half a year of my life. So down, all I want to do is cry. After looking at all the others girls blogs who are done now and their faces are still fine.. I am so jealous and be thankful you got your clear skin finally.. Ugh I was so dumb thinking something would actually work for my face.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/28/2012 9:15 pm

SO. Dissapointed. I don't even know what to say. Like two weeks after I stopped Accutane the acne just started slowly coming back and now Ive been off it a little over a month and things just aren't good. I have little zits and bumps all over my face once again. This is definitely not what I thought would happen after being on this pain in the ass drug for almost half a year of my life. So down, all I want to do is cry. After looking at all the others girls blogs who are done now and their faces are still fine.. I am so jealous and be thankful you got your clear skin finally.. Ugh I was so dumb thinking something would actually work for my face.

Did you start using a topical? If I were you I would get on a retinoid like now. You need to keep those pores clean ya know. I've been off for like a week and half and am using retin a. Praying to god I stay clear. I'd call your dermatologist and say what the hell and see if there is something they recommend. I would bet they would just write you a script over the phone since you were probably just seem a few weeks ago. I'm so sorry babes, I'll tell you what my plan is if I start to break out again. First I am going to see a obgyn and getting off birth control pills and getting a copper IUD see if maybe the hormones are screwing me up. Second I'm getting food allergy tests done. Third I am trying spiro. Lots of people get clear with spiro after tane has failed. Don't think that because tane didn't work that you are screwed. There is a imbalance somewhere that is causing acne you just have to find it. Hang in there

On the bright side your bf is back from basic isn't he?

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/29/2012 8:43 am

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry :(

That's totally not fair.

Please keep us posted after you talk to your derm, OK?

Hang in there....We are thinking of you.

MemberMember
(@cheesenips)

Posted : 11/04/2012 3:10 pm

Hi NEEDAMIRACLE,

youre so pretty!!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress! I hope your breakouts settle down and i'm sure they will. I've been keeping up with your stories from the tazorac to accutane and I'm sorry you're still breaking out! i'm considering accutane myself but as of now I'm still kind of concerned about long term effects of it. Anyways, I'm a guy and have cystic acne too similar to yours. right now i'm just dealing with it because i dont really want to go on accutane (i'm kinda scared it'll change me and my body if that makes sense) and i'm just using aczone and ziana. my derm put me on my doryx and tazorac but i dont really want to use those. i was on differen before she put me on taz and i broke out soooooooo bad for 12 weeks.

Anyways, you are very beautiful!!! with or without acne. keep us updated on how things go post accutane as far as side effects and your skin.

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 12/18/2012 12:51 pm

Did you start using a topical? If I were you I would get on a retinoid like now. You need to keep those pores clean ya know. I've been off for like a week and half and am using retin a. Praying to god I stay clear. I'd call your dermatologist and say what the hell and see if there is something they recommend. I would bet they would just write you a script over the phone since you were probably just seem a few weeks ago. I'm so sorry babes, I'll tell you what my plan is if I start to break out again. First I am going to see a obgyn and getting off birth control pills and getting a copper IUD see if maybe the hormones are screwing me up. Second I'm getting food allergy tests done. Third I am trying spiro. Lots of people get clear with spiro after tane has failed. Don't think that because tane didn't work that you are screwed. There is a imbalance somewhere that is causing acne you just have to find it. Hang in there

On the bright side your bf is back from basic isn't he?

Hey girl! It's been a while:) But no my derm did not want to put me on one yet after Accutane, maybe next time I go back he will finally want to though, which is in the beginning of January. I have been going to the derm frequently though and trying new things and finally things are back to normal for the most part which is such a relief. My skin is still not completely clear which is a bummer after all this but oh well, ha Im not gonna ask my skin for too much and as of now things are alright. I will talk about what I have been doing in a different post Im gonna make to update everyone. I havent been on here in foreverrr and checked anyones blogs yet, how is your skin doing?? And yeah I definitely need to realize that ha so thanks<3

And YES he graduated after a horribly lonnng three months in the beginning of October ha so it was a while ago now. He got to stay home for about 17 days and it was the best two weeks of my whole life. Then he went to Infantry training and has been there ever since. He got to come home for Veterans Day for 2 days but that was the last time i saw him:/ He missed my birthday a few days ago too sad.png But now he gets to come home for a week for Christmas and Im going to the base to pick him up THIS Saturday! Its been almost two months since ive seen him, im sooo excited! smile.png

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry sad.png

That's totally not fair.

Please keep us posted after you talk to your derm, OK?

Hang in there....We are thinking of you.

Yeah I was so upset when things started to get bad. I didnt even want to go out anymore at all. It was just such an awful feeling breaking out so bad after such a long stressful journey on that, then having clear skin just tease me for a few weeks ha. But I went and talked to my derm a while ago and he wanted me to try a few facials (the ones they give you at the dermatologist office, much different than one at a spa) haha and ive been doing this salicylic acid treatment thing and it all seems to be helping a lot. Im not totally clear as I was while at the end of Tane, but Im muchhh better than I was a few weeks ago when things were bad thankfully. And thank you so much, the support really helps <3

Hi NEEDAMIRACLE,

youre so pretty!!

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress! I hope your breakouts settle down and i'm sure they will. I've been keeping up with your stories from the tazorac to accutane and I'm sorry you're still breaking out! i'm considering accutane myself but as of now I'm still kind of concerned about long term effects of it. Anyways, I'm a guy and have cystic acne too similar to yours. right now i'm just dealing with it because i dont really want to go on accutane (i'm kinda scared it'll change me and my body if that makes sense) and i'm just using aczone and ziana. my derm put me on my doryx and tazorac but i dont really want to use those. i was on differen before she put me on taz and i broke out soooooooo bad for 12 weeks.

Anyways, you are very beautiful!!! with or without acne. keep us updated on how things go post accutane as far as side effects and your skin.

Hey my apologies for taking so long to reply! Thanks SOO much! smile.pngsmile.png Things have definitely gotten much better which is SUCH a relief.I have switched up my regimen that I do now and things have really improved. How has your skin been doing since you posted this? Oh yeah I completely get how you feel about Accutane, I was super scared too, which is why I always said no to it at first. I had very negative effects while on Taz which Im sure you saw on my old blog, but I really hope it goes well for you if you use it!!

Thank you thank you! smile.png I definitely will keep you more updated!

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 02/07/2013 1:55 pm

Well my skin is back to looking as awful as ever. This is such an emotional roller coaster going back and fourth. I wish it would just finally stay clear. Ugh I did Accutane for nothing cuz my skin is just back to looking the same as it did before i started. Such a dissapointment.