Notifications
Clear all

My Accutane Journey: Round Two!

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 12/15/2012 12:13 am

Almost three months post tane!

Still acne free and very happy! There IS hope!!! :D

So so happy for you! It's give me hope! What is your skincare routine like now?

Thank you!!!

My skincare routine is very simple now. I use Neutrogena Morning Burst face wash in the morning and then CeraVe AM moisturizer (sometimes I don't need it though.) Then I remove my makeup at night with a simple makeup remover. I haven't had to use any acne products since 'tane which is amazing!!!

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/29/2013 9:01 am

7 Months Post-Tane Update

It's been seven months since I've stopped taking Accutane. Two weeks ago I was looking back at a picture of my face this time last year and I was almost in disbelief. It was pretty bad. I was all ready to make an update on how I haven't had a single zit since I've stopped taking the medication, but then I developed this bump on my forehead which was relatively small. Not sure if that was even acne. I put some old cream from the dermatologist last year on it, and it went away but left a red mark. Then today I wake up with a VERY small whitehead. Very tiny - nothing like the big ones that I used to get.

However, I'm scared. I don't know if this is a sign that my acne will return. I don't understand how I'm even getting little zits - I haven't even been off the drug for a whole year. And I went over my cumulative dose by a lot, so it's not like I didn't get the right amount of 'tane.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my face stays clear. I don't care about a small zit here & there, but my nightmare is to wake up to what I had to deal with for many, many painfully embarrassing years. I finally have myself back now that I am acne-free. I can go out of the house without makeup sometimes. I don't hate when people take pictures of me anymore. I'm so thankful for Accutane...I just want my face to remain clear.

The scars are still there, especially on my left cheek. I'm hoping to get laser-resurfacing done someday. The scars aren't awful, but of course I notice them. I was talking with a friend who had acne over the weekend, and he asked me if I picked when I had acne. I said yes, and he said "I can tell." I'll take scars over acne any day though.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 05/18/2013 5:02 pm

Hello people of the Accutane Logs!

It's been almost 8 months since I've stopped taking the 'tane. Yes, I've had a few random but tiny bumps appear. They were not acne, I don't think. I'm still not sure what they were, but they disappeared and I haven't had any problems in the past couple weeks, thankfully.

So I was looking through some old photos when my acne was at it's worst....and I honestly forget just how bad my acne was in highschool. I never posted these photos anywhere. Don't mind the horrible hair and eyebrows.

58162ca1-1e53-465b-a64e-8c80fe570213.jpg

That's when I was 17 and my dermatologist at the time wouldn't put me on Accutane, and of course I didn't fight for it. I should have.

Anyway... things look good now compared to then, and this time last year!

20130518_174733.jpg?t=1368914298

I have some pink marks from those bumps that haven't faded, and the texture of my skin will probably never be even. But I'm content with the overall condition that my skin is in currently.

Thank you again, Accutane.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 05/05/2014 11:26 am

Update: It's been almost two years since I stopped taking Accutane and I am STILL CLEAR! This drug was a miracle. Getting through those six months were anything but easy, but I wouldn't take it back for the world. I am very happy with the condition of my skin after a year and a half off the drug.

PreTane.jpg

9bd35490-070a-4d6f-b377-1c3b07649fce.jpg

MemberMember
(@kim0728)

Posted : 05/05/2014 3:02 pm

Wow! You look great! Thanks for the pics...I'm sure that will keep a lot of us going. :)