MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/22/2012 3:53 pm

Ahhhh your skin is looking magnificent!

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/22/2012 3:59 pm

Really?! Thank you!! I'm feeling better about how much it has improved in a week! 🙂

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/22/2012 4:10 pm

Really?! Thank you!! I'm feeling better about how much it has improved in a week! smile.png

Are you kidding me!? It's looking fantastic! You should feel great! There may be some bumpy roads, but you are going to look fantastic by the end of this.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/22/2012 4:13 pm

Really?! Thank you!! I'm feeling better about how much it has improved in a week! smile.png

Are you kidding me!? It's looking fantastic! You should feel great! There may be some bumpy roads, but you are going to look fantastic by the end of this.

I am feeling great today! I almost can't believe that it's turned around in a matter of two days. It's not inflamed anymore. It's on it's way to healing & that really excites me!

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/22/2012 4:15 pm

I am feeling great today! I almost can't believe that it's turned around in a matter of two days. It's not inflamed anymore. It's on it's way to healing & that really excites me!

Yay! Make sure to enjoy your day now while your in a great attitude! And I promise you'll be clear soon enough woooohoo!

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/23/2012 9:59 am

Day 27

Just a few things to say...

• Got two new decent sized pimples on my chin and jawline yesterday. I know I™m not out of the woods yet.

• Today I have to call my derm. to make sure she got my bloodwork, that everything is alright, and that she does her part of the ipledge website so I can answer my questions and drop off the script for month two!

[*]I™m so thirsty today. I™ve already drank two bottles of water, and my mouth is still dry. saywhat.gif

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/23/2012 11:21 am

Tell those pimples to GTFO!

I hate having to worry about that stupid iPledge thing, the first time I went on Accutane, that didn't even exist grrr.

I've actually been VERY thirsty too! I have 4 empty glasses of water from last night :P

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/23/2012 11:31 am

Tell those pimples to GTFO!

I hate having to worry about that stupid iPledge thing, the first time I went on Accutane, that didn't even exist grrr.

I've actually been VERY thirsty too! I have 4 empty glasses of water from last night tongue.png

HAHA! Oh believe me, I have been telling them that for years! It's time for them to go away forever.

iPledge is such a hassle. I've already called my doctor's office once, but with the way they are, I'll probably have to call them back a few times. I plan on dropping my script off today. I only have 3 days of medication left so I need to make sure it's filled in the next few days!

I can't believe how thirsty I was. I'm fine now, I put a piece of gum in my mouth. But wow. I felt like no matter how much water I drank I would still be thirsty!

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/23/2012 12:40 pm

UGGHHH. I'm about to freak out on my dermatologist office. I've called those sons of bitches twice today - gave them my name, my phone number, specified why I was calling. You think when they hear the word iPledge they would get the frickin' ball rolling! But no, I got a "What, say that again? You need the doctor to do what?" I mentioned the blood test and that it was my second time calling, and then they said they would need to check my records. I told them this was important and that I hope to receive a call back today. I'm starting to get all paranoid...I only have until Friday, then I am locked out. I can't have that happen.

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/23/2012 2:37 pm

UGGHHH. I'm about to freak out on my dermatologist office. I've called those sons of bitches twice today - gave them my name, my phone number, specified why I was calling. You think when they hear the word iPledge they would get the frickin' ball rolling! But no, I got a "What, say that again? You need the doctor to do what?" I mentioned the blood test and that it was my second time calling, and then they said they would need to check my records. I told them this was important and that I hope to receive a call back today. I'm starting to get all paranoid...I only have until Friday, then I am locked out. I can't have that happen.

I understand.. when I had my first derm appointment, she said to come back in 4 weeks, lalala, so a few days passed and she had never told me how to get my password or what I actually had to do with iPledge. My mom calls, and asks how to get my password and if I need to do anything with the iPledge system before I get my prescription, the first lady said no on the phone, the second said my password would be EMAILED that same day, and then the third said I had to answer questions that day. After an hour and a half, my mom finally realized the password would be mailed to me within 5 days.... talk about stupiditiy..

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/23/2012 3:25 pm

I understand.. when I had my first derm appointment, she said to come back in 4 weeks, lalala, so a few days passed and she had never told me how to get my password or what I actually had to do with iPledge. My mom calls, and asks how to get my password and if I need to do anything with the iPledge system before I get my prescription, the first lady said no on the phone, the second said my password would be EMAILED that same day, and then the third said I had to answer questions that day. After an hour and a half, my mom finally realized the password would be mailed to me within 5 days.... talk about stupiditiy..

WOW. I can't believe that your dermatologist didn't inform you about getting the blood test! I'd expect the receptionists or whoever answers the phone to be a little confused about the whole thing, but not the dermatologist. My dermatologist told me that my username was going to be mailed to me. I was so confused. Then I called iPledge and they told me it was the number on my card that I got from the booklet, and I was like, oh alright!

I have a feeling this whole iPledge thing is going to be a real pain in the ass every month! If only my doctor's office was a little bit more informed about it, it wouldn't be that bad.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/25/2012 9:56 am

Day 29

Well, Im pretty much on month two!

Its been a crazy month. I didnt know how this month would go, but its been nothing but breakouts. On Sunday, my face was looking better the inflammation and redness werent as bad. However, Im still breaking out. My chin/jawline & forehead are the problem spots. The spots that look bad today are itchy & yesterday, I felt my face throbbing. Im guessing that the itchiness and how inflamed these spots are, means theyre on their way to healing.

Im not sure when to expect these flare-ups to stop as I enter month two, but Im hoping by my 23rd birthday (June 28th) Im seeing some real improvement.

Fingers are crossed. Come on, Tane get rid of this acne! I want to feel good this summer.

MemberMember
(@polka-dot)

Posted : 04/25/2012 11:46 am

Wow, your pics show you have really come a long way!! I'm betting that the worst is over and it looks like you are healing up nicely. Not sure if you've tried it before but neosporin really helped for me to speed up clearing my IB.

I'm proud of you (and all of us) for sticking it out. The initial breakout sucks to high hell, but we can do this. Acne is not going to win!! I swear I almost stopped taking accutane when I was getting my IB, it was so bad, but now that I'm through that rough spot I'm so incredibly grateful I didn't. Every pill we take is one day closer to flawless skin!! And yours is really looking lovely in your most recent pics.

Did you get everything worked out with the derm's office?

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/25/2012 12:57 pm

Wow, your pics show you have really come a long way!! I'm betting that the worst is over and it looks like you are healing up nicely. Not sure if you've tried it before but neosporin really helped for me to speed up clearing my IB.

I'm proud of you (and all of us) for sticking it out. The initial breakout sucks to high hell, but we can do this. Acne is not going to win!! I swear I almost stopped taking accutane when I was getting my IB, it was so bad, but now that I'm through that rough spot I'm so incredibly grateful I didn't. Every pill we take is one day closer to flawless skin!! And yours is really looking lovely in your most recent pics.

Did you get everything worked out with the derm's office?

Thanks! Week two was just awful for me. Things seem to be getting better. It's weird, because it'll get worse, get better, and then it goes right back to breaking out. You know what, I've thought about Neosporin! Especially because one day I woke up with a cut on the side of nose a few weeks ago. That still hasn't healed, the scab rips off every night when I wash my face or take a shower. I'm going to have to pick some up - does it help with healing acne too?!

I'm glad you stuck with it & are seeing results! That's what it's all about.

I can't wait to get to the point where I'm not dealing with new breakouts every week. I'm going to be ecstatic when that happens! smile.png

Yep, everything worked out with the derm office & I picked up my script on Monday.

MemberMember
(@polka-dot)

Posted : 04/25/2012 2:20 pm

That was kind of how my IB was too - I thought it was over twice before it was finally over for real the third time. Neosporin definitely did help healing my acne as well as the little cuts and scans on my face that seem to want to stick around forever due to accutane-induced slow healing. There were two or three little spots on my face that just would NOT heal up until I started doing neosporin twice a day. Feels anti-intuitive at first to put something that greasy on my face but it really has worked wonders and I hope it does the same for you :-)

Wishing you the best for month two!!

MemberMember
(@tommurray64)

Posted : 04/25/2012 5:50 pm

You said you had red scales after your first course I was wondering how long did it take for them to go and did you use anything to get rid of them, thank you.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/26/2012 11:57 am

You said you had red scales after your first course I was wondering how long did it take for them to go and did you use anything to get rid of them, thank you.

The red/pink scales were from picking the skin so much - but they eventually healed.

I forget how long it took, maybe a few weeks to a month.

I didn't use anything to get rid of it, but I think that Neosporin should help.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/27/2012 11:10 am

Day 31

Acne, acne, go away, come again another day. (Actually, how about you just go away & stay away.)

Experienced yet another breakout. Womp womp womp. This is getting a little old. Honestly, each time things start to look up, I'm waiting for the next flare-up. I™m feeling hopeful though because it™s in the process of healing, and it starts to look better with each passing day.

There™s a decent sized cystic pimple on my jawline “ ugh, gross!

My cheeks look pretty awesome. If only the rest of my face would look like that, I™d be happy.

I™m trying my best to remain patient & positive.

The eczema on my hands came back. I may have to fill that script my derm gave me for it.

Is it strange that as annoying as these side effects are, a part of me is happy because it means the drug is really working? eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/27/2012 11:30 am

I'm the same way! The first week or two I didn't have any side effects and i was almost, sad? Haha like i wanted just to see some kind of sign that it was in there and doing its thing. Im like almost done with week 3 and I really don't have many side effects, Im not even that dry or have chapped lips too bad. Not sure if I should get a higher dosage or what, but oh well, I'll just take what I can get.

Sorry about the still breaking out though, thats a bummer. It'll all be worth it though when you have beautiful clear skin. Which will hopefully be sooon! :)

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/27/2012 11:36 am

I'm the same way! I'm officially on day 10 and just experiencing horrible dry lips and somewhat dry skin, of course I can't forget my damn scalp.. but anyway, I am sorry you broke out ;( It will get better, you're only a month into it, a lot of people actually have to have the full 3 months for their skin to fully grasp that it's on Accutane before it starts working. I know you'll have amazing results before then! Just keep pushing through!!

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/27/2012 11:52 am

I'm the same way! The first week or two I didn't have any side effects and i was almost, sad? Haha like i wanted just to see some kind of sign that it was in there and doing its thing. Im like almost done with week 3 and I really don't have many side effects, Im not even that dry or have chapped lips too bad. Not sure if I should get a higher dosage or what, but oh well, I'll just take what I can get.

Sorry about the still breaking out though, thats a bummer. It'll all be worth it though when you have beautiful clear skin. Which will hopefully be sooon! smile.png

I'm the same way! I'm officially on day 10 and just experiencing horrible dry lips and somewhat dry skin, of course I can't forget my damn scalp.. but anyway, I am sorry you broke out ;( It will get better, you're only a month into it, a lot of people actually have to have the full 3 months for their skin to fully grasp that it's on Accutane before it starts working. I know you'll have amazing results before then! Just keep pushing through!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! & I also got a random zit on my chest! I never break out there!

I'm actually expecting breakouts into my third month with the way things are going so far. But maybe I'll get a nice surprise & things will improve before then. A girl can always dream! 🙂

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/27/2012 12:00 pm

Don't say that haha you won't break out into the third month because I say so! I'm the queen of Accutane! Not.. buttttt you will have clear skin before you know it chica.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/29/2012 1:14 pm

Day 33

IMG_20120428_192039.jpg?t=1335722497IMG_20120428_192046.jpg?t=1335722891

Took this picture last night before putting on makeup. The right side of my cheek isn't looking too great, but they're small whiteheads, so hopefully they'll clear up fast.

You can't really see it - but there's a cystic pimple on the left side of my jawline & ugh, I want it gone.

I wouldn't show these pictures anywhere else. I'm just trying my best to document my progress. I want to look back on these pictures and realize that this whole thing was worth it when things get better.

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/29/2012 2:28 pm

I'm sorry your still breaking out ;( but to be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone noticed your acne - your gorgeous! You have incredible features too, and they're very unique. We're all our own worst critics, but you areee gorgeous.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/29/2012 3:04 pm

I'm sorry your still breaking out ;( but to be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone noticed your acne - your gorgeous! You have incredible features too, and they're very unique. We're all our own worst critics, but you areee gorgeous.

Aw thank you Taylor!! smile.png

Those pictures are pictures I would never show anyone except for this website and close friends!

I'm really hoping this is the tail end of my IB.