My Face.

MemberMember
(@blahdeeblah)

Posted : 04/12/2012 12:42 pm

Yep! Number 6 for me too - mine felt like a little ball under there, it was hard like a chewed piece of gum or something. It didn't hurt when I pushed on it like the ones under my jaw do when I'm sick - I notice that it swells up from time to time but always goes away after about a week.

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 04/23/2012 8:09 am

Hey guys!

Still here and alive haha... went to GP about lump and he kinda brushed me off...its still there and a bit bigger now so gonna go beack in a couple of weeks and get bloods done if its not gone away.... I pointed out to him id just finished my course of accutane and he was like... oh really... we searched the side effects list together and one of the was 'lymphadenopathy'... so i do think its related... especially as a few of you have had the same thing!

Anyway, still 100% clear and SO HAPPY... PIH fading... will do a final photo update soon!!

Lots of love to everyone x x x

MemberMember
(@joannarama)

Posted : 04/23/2012 10:48 am

Hey Quiescence!

I've not stopped by your log for a while but I'm really glad I did today - how awesome that you are totally clear now?! :D You must be over the moon! I can't offer you any advice on the lump I'm afraid, although if the doctor didn't seem concerned it's probably nothing to worry about? Like you say, keep an eye on it and go for a second opinion if you're worried.

Congrats again, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics :)

J x

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 04/29/2012 4:11 pm

Hey guys so 1 month post tane and heres my latest picture update! Pretty pleased considering how bad it was at the start.. just a teeny bit of hyperpigmentation to go!!

P1010202.jpg

P1010199.jpg

P1010957.jpg

P1010959.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions!! Love to all x x x x

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 05/28/2012 10:32 am

Awesome results! Congratulations!

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 06/27/2012 1:28 pm

Hey guys!! How strange to come back here all these new faces!!

Just to give you an update nearly 3 months after the wonder drug... I HAVE NOT HAD A SPOT IN SO LONG I CAN'T REMEMBER. I can't even really remember what a spot feels like... It is so strange to wake up in the morning and not run to the mirror to see what new buddies have added to the collection (although I am sad to say goodbye to 'the chart'!!) My skin is smooth and radiant and blah blah blah im just showing off now!!

If anyone is looking through logs to see end results and wondering if the drug is for them I seriously reccommend it... even my red marks have nearly completely gone too!! Acne makes your life misery, it affects every single thing you do....accutane changed all that.

I had such an easy ride on accutane, hardly any dryness/aches/mood changes etc. I am very lucky and I know it isnt so easy for everyone but seriously this drug is unbelievable.

The lump? Lump is still there, he's slightly smaller but i've grown to get like him! I made the GP do a blood test (like forced him!) and my bloods were all perfect so nothing weird/systemic/cancerous going on... just a harmless enlarged lymph node, don't know if it was linked to the drug but it doesn't really matter even if it was.

Just finished my 4th year osteopathy exams and found out I passed hifive.gif so onto my final year!! Feeling so positive about it all now :)

If acne ever comes back in a couple of months/years/decades I know what I will be doing asap!!

Good luck to everyone embarking on this it is one of the best things I ever did! Any questions please please do ask!!! x xx x x x x x x

hifive.gifwub.pnghifive.gifwub.pnghifive.gifwub.pnghifive.gif

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 06/27/2012 1:45 pm

Hey guys!! How strange to come back here all these new faces!!

Just to give you an update nearly 3 months after the wonder drug... I HAVE NOT HAD A SPOT IN SO LONG I CAN'T REMEMBER. I can't even really remember what a spot feels like... It is so strange to wake up in the morning and not run to the mirror to see what new buddies have added to the collection (although I am sad to say goodbye to 'the chart'!!) My skin is smooth and radiant and blah blah blah im just showing off now!!

If anyone is looking through logs to see end results and wondering if the drug is for them I seriously reccommend it... even my red marks have nearly completely gone too!! Acne makes your life misery, it affects every single thing you do....accutane changed all that.

I had such an easy ride on accutane, hardly any dryness/aches/mood changes etc. I am very lucky and I know it isnt so easy for everyone but seriously this drug is unbelievable.

The lump? Lump is still there, he's slightly smaller but i've grown to get like him! I made the GP do a blood test (like forced him!) and my bloods were all perfect so nothing weird/systemic/cancerous going on... just a harmless enlarged lymph node, don't know if it was linked to the drug but it doesn't really matter even if it was.

Just finished my 4th year osteopathy exams and found out I passed hifive.gif so onto my final year!! Feeling so positive about it all now smile.png

If acne ever comes back in a couple of months/years/decades I know what I will be doing asap!!

Good luck to everyone embarking on this it is one of the best things I ever did! Any questions please please do ask!!! x xx x x x x x x

hifive.gifwub.pnghifive.gifwub.pnghifive.gifwub.pnghifive.gif

That's so amazing 🙂 I'm a week into my third month and have seen a lot of improvement already, but there is some breaking out going on, but I'm not expecting too much at this point. I'm on it for 6 months, and reading these successful logs give me a ton of hope 🙂 I actually haven't read your log yet, but I'm going to. I'm so happy you're still clear, and can't wait to be at that point!

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 06/27/2012 1:53 pm

That's so amazing smile.png I'm a week into my third month and have seen a lot of improvement already, but there is some breaking out going on, but I'm not expecting too much at this point. I'm on it for 6 months, and reading these successful logs give me a ton of hope smile.png I actually haven't read your log yet, but I'm going to. I'm so happy you're still clear, and can't wait to be at that point!

It will come quicker than you ever imagine! I have some mega lame chart throughout my log showing how much I broke out at different points... you can see i didnt stop breaking out until about day 100! Keep on going you're doing so well! x x x

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 06/27/2012 2:00 pm

That's so amazing smile.png I'm a week into my third month and have seen a lot of improvement already, but there is some breaking out going on, but I'm not expecting too much at this point. I'm on it for 6 months, and reading these successful logs give me a ton of hope smile.png I actually haven't read your log yet, but I'm going to. I'm so happy you're still clear, and can't wait to be at that point!

It will come quicker than you ever imagine! I have some mega lame chart throughout my log showing how much I broke out at different points... you can see i didnt stop breaking out until about day 100! Keep on going you're doing so well! x x x

Just read through, AMAZING PROGRESS, you have gorgeous skin! I can't wait to get this over with, my lips and nose are so dry it's insane! My skin isn't too bad though. My right side is clear right now, my forehead is clear, but my left cheek for some reason is taking a beating haha. Along with the area around my mouth.. but I know they will eventually be gone 🙂

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 06/27/2012 2:04 pm

Just read through, AMAZING PROGRESS, you have gorgeous skin! I can't wait to get this over with, my lips and nose are so dry it's insane! My skin isn't too bad though. My right side is clear right now, my forehead is clear, but my left cheek for some reason is taking a beating haha. Along with the area around my mouth.. but I know they will eventually be gone smile.png

Great News! I will post some recent pics soon 🙂 x x

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 06/27/2012 5:39 pm

Glad to hear things are going so well. Congratulations on your exam result, too! :)

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 06/30/2012 12:55 pm

DAY 8

Wowee done with my first week already!!!!!! smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png My skin is actually loads better at the moment....looks the same due to the scarring but where there were deep painful cysts there is now just redness... I only have about 1 active Left and Right at the moment... Not sure this is anything to do with accutane as my skin often goes in good/bad cycles but I'm definitely not complaining! Perhaps my IB is just around the corner though... :/

Dryness is creeping in slightly but lypsyl for lips is really good so that hasnt bothered me yet..also got a tiny dry patch next to my mouth which will probably grow... currently combatting by cetaphil...I've always had quite a dry acne face anyway (not oily as most acne sufferers tend to be)...so have to moisturise to stop old spot flakes falling into my dinner... sorry that was gross...

Yesterday was one of those stressful "my skin rules my life days".. I'm studying to be an osteopath so see patients on a regular basis, I have to have my hair up to be professional, and the clinical harsh lighting just makes me look AWFUL...I actually try and book my patients for as early in the day as possible so my make-up still looks vaguely fresh... Sometimes I have to re wash. moisturise and re apply make up at lunchtime...

THEN I had to dash straight from clinic to sing at a gig 40 miles away...I was already a little late but still had to nip home to re-wash and re apply as I'd forgotten to bring my facewash to clinic with me and felt so self concious that theres no WAY i'm getting on stage looking like that!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE DAY MY SKIN ISNT AT THE FOREFRONT OF EVERY BLOODY DECISION I MAKE!!!

Do you guys do that too or am I crazy?...I always have to factor in extra time for 'face sorting' or sometimes even cancel or change plans as I can't be bothered to do the whole boring face routine AGAIN... Oh and don't get me started on people popping over unexpectedly... I have taken to hiding my lower face behind a rather friendly penguin cushion..''OH so casually..." oh yes I'm sure no one has noticed...HAHA!

Sorry, rant over.. smile.png x x x

Hey 🙂 Have been reading your logs and had to laugh when I read this one. I'm the same with trying to hide my face from people! When I'm out I have my hair practically all over my fave so you can only see my nose sometimes lol! And have done the whole pillow thing too, and only showing half my face when opening the door to someone. And I absolutely HAAAATE HATE HATE when people come over unexpectedly! It's the worst, but it's so silly thinking like that in the first place lol. I just started accutane 5 days ago, I'm fed up with having to appy and re-apply make-up too, and it can be expensive. I also cancel things because I can't be bothered fixing my make-up sometimes. Grrrrr here's to accutane!

Gunna read the rest of your logs now! Hopefully you've had some progress 🙂

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 07/01/2012 9:49 am

DAY 8

Wowee done with my first week already!!!!!! smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png My skin is actually loads better at the moment....looks the same due to the scarring but where there were deep painful cysts there is now just redness... I only have about 1 active Left and Right at the moment... Not sure this is anything to do with accutane as my skin often goes in good/bad cycles but I'm definitely not complaining! Perhaps my IB is just around the corner though... :/

Dryness is creeping in slightly but lypsyl for lips is really good so that hasnt bothered me yet..also got a tiny dry patch next to my mouth which will probably grow... currently combatting by cetaphil...I've always had quite a dry acne face anyway (not oily as most acne sufferers tend to be)...so have to moisturise to stop old spot flakes falling into my dinner... sorry that was gross...

Yesterday was one of those stressful "my skin rules my life days".. I'm studying to be an osteopath so see patients on a regular basis, I have to have my hair up to be professional, and the clinical harsh lighting just makes me look AWFUL...I actually try and book my patients for as early in the day as possible so my make-up still looks vaguely fresh... Sometimes I have to re wash. moisturise and re apply make up at lunchtime...

THEN I had to dash straight from clinic to sing at a gig 40 miles away...I was already a little late but still had to nip home to re-wash and re apply as I'd forgotten to bring my facewash to clinic with me and felt so self concious that theres no WAY i'm getting on stage looking like that!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE DAY MY SKIN ISNT AT THE FOREFRONT OF EVERY BLOODY DECISION I MAKE!!!

Do you guys do that too or am I crazy?...I always have to factor in extra time for 'face sorting' or sometimes even cancel or change plans as I can't be bothered to do the whole boring face routine AGAIN... Oh and don't get me started on people popping over unexpectedly... I have taken to hiding my lower face behind a rather friendly penguin cushion..''OH so casually..." oh yes I'm sure no one has noticed...HAHA!

Hey smile.png Have been reading your logs and had to laugh when I read this one. I'm the same with trying to hide my face from people! When I'm out I have my hair practically all over my fave so you can only see my nose sometimes lol! And have done the whole pillow thing too, and only showing half my face when opening the door to someone. And I absolutely HAAAATE HATE HATE when people come over unexpectedly! It's the worst, but it's so silly thinking like that in the first place lol. I just started accutane 5 days ago, I'm fed up with having to appy and re-apply make-up too, and it can be expensive. I also cancel things because I can't be bothered fixing my make-up sometimes. Grrrrr here's to accutane!

Gunna read the rest of your logs now! Hopefully you've had some progress smile.png

Hi Heather! Hopefully you read the rest of my log to see that progress was indeed made! 🙂 I really found comfort in reading other peoples logs who were ahead of me/had finished when I was on this drug... really helps you see that it does work and it's worth sticking through it... and that others feel the same as you (penguin cushions etc!!). You sound so similar to me!

Well done for getting this far, you will be amazed at what this drug can do x x x

MemberMember
(@heather135)

Posted : 07/01/2012 12:43 pm

DAY 8

Hey smile.png Have been reading your logs and had to laugh when I read this one. I'm the same with trying to hide my face from people! When I'm out I have my hair practically all over my fave so you can only see my nose sometimes lol! And have done the whole pillow thing too, and only showing half my face when opening the door to someone. And I absolutely HAAAATE HATE HATE when people come over unexpectedly! It's the worst, but it's so silly thinking like that in the first place lol. I just started accutane 5 days ago, I'm fed up with having to appy and re-apply make-up too, and it can be expensive. I also cancel things because I can't be bothered fixing my make-up sometimes. Grrrrr here's to accutane!

Gunna read the rest of your logs now! Hopefully you've had some progress smile.png

Hi Heather! Hopefully you read the rest of my log to see that progress was indeed made! smile.png I really found comfort in reading other peoples logs who were ahead of me/had finished when I was on this drug... really helps you see that it does work and it's worth sticking through it... and that others feel the same as you (penguin cushions etc!!). You sound so similar to me!

Well done for getting this far, you will be amazed at what this drug can do x x x

Yeah I read the rest of your posts and couldn;t believe your results! Makes me sooo excited! I honestly just can't wait to be able to go on holiday and not have to wear make-up on the beach, it;s the worst feeling ever when it's that hot! That's my aim anyway, to have clear skin at the end of the year and go somewhere nice and warm 🙂

It really does help reading peoples logs, especially yours, it was so interesting. Seems like you had a very difficult battle with accutane but it was all worth it in the end!

So happy for you 🙂 Hopefully I make the same progress 🙂

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 04/25/2013 6:35 am

did you stop yaz wen u stopped accutane

MemberMember
(@quiescence)

Posted : 04/25/2013 6:18 pm

did you stop yaz wen u stopped accutane

I stopped yasmin on day 19 of taking accutane! x

MemberMember
(@benzo)

Posted : 08/01/2013 2:46 pm

Hi :) was just wondering did you use sunscreen on a day to day basis or only during the summer months/when you went on holiday?I'm in the UK too and I know we don't see the sun very often!