Notifications
Clear all

Elle's Cleverly-Titled Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 12/05/2011 11:43 pm

I failed my test four times. Four. The first time, I failed my test within 2 minutes of the test starting. The time I actually passed, I was so over it that I just drove and didn't care about the outcome. I think being almost relaxed and semi-complacent about it is what got me there, instead of being so tightly wound that my knuckles turned white with my grip on the steering wheel. Plus the guy I got was such a douchenozzle. He insisted on winding the passenger side window down regardless of weather conditions.

The first guy I got actually screamed at me. It didn't really put me in a great mindframe every time I went for my test after that. He was unprofessional and just generally not a good person, but every time I sat my test after that, the anxiety of failing crept up because I knew how it felt and I didn't want to feel it again. The time I passed I was genuinely shocked about it. I don't think I'm a bad driver. I mean, I think I've accidentally cut people off three or four times, maybe more. But I've never had any kind of prang/accident, I'm pretty cautious/defensive. Whereas my best friend passed her test first try and she has been in three different minor prangs and every time I drive with her she hits the curb, forgets to put her headlights on, oversteers and generally terrifies me.

MemberMember
(@pooratbest)

Posted : 12/11/2011 7:06 am

Long time since i checked out your blog Elle, your skins looking FANTASTIC and your profile pic's cute too :D

lol.gif I know, right? I used my skin as an excuse not to go out, not to see my friends, not to go on dates, everything. I used as it as an excuse not to move - I wanted my skin to look good before I moved cities. That's how firmly rooted I was. Now that my skin is clear, I have to face the fact that the reason I really couldn't do all of those things was just fear, especially with moving.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 12/11/2011 8:27 am

Thank you! :D

They have definitely improved! Still haven't moved cities though. Kind of imperative if I want things in my life to work out so I suppose I need to get a wriggle on...

MemberMember
(@brownbag)

Posted : 12/12/2011 5:58 am

wow your skin is flawless! you're so lucky you dont have to deal with red marks.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 12/12/2011 6:53 am

wow your skin is flawless! you're so lucky you dont have to deal with red marks.

I do have red marks, they are most prominent after I get out of the shower, or after I've exercised. nod.gif They're also a lot more obvious in sunlight. But I definitely do have them, mainly on my cheeks. They are slowly fading thankfully, and because I haven't had any new breakouts for a couple of weeks, they've had time to fade a bit without immediately being replaced with new ones. :D I'm so excited!

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 12/13/2011 9:50 pm

I can't remember what day I'm up to, but I thought I'd make a tiny update here. My arms are a bit rashy at the moment, it's really itchy and annoying, although I don't know if it's anything to do with Accutane since I started using a new shower gel the other day and I think I might just be loofah-ing too hard. Sigh, it was such a nice one, too. Oh well!

I woke up and felt what I thought was a pimple on my chin, turns out there was nothing there and I've just forgotten what a pimple feels like (not really, but I was worried over nothing). The texture of my skin is pretty bumpy, especially on my chin, and my nose pores are enormous. At the end of the day when my makeup has sunk in, there are all these foundation-coloured dots on my nose. I prefer these over the blackheads that used to call my giant nose pores home, though. :D

I like being able to choose which kind of foundation I want to wear based on my level of laziness and not the condition of my skin. I use mineral powder when I can't be arsed using liquid foundation, but liquid has better staying power. I've also found that it's much easier to match foundations to my skin because I don't have as many mottled, patchy bits. The redness is fairly minimal too, which is awesome...

That's about it I think?

Anybody who is skeptical over Accutane, who is still trying to decide whether to take the plunge or not, please, I implore you, do it. You mightn't have side effects at all aside from dry lips. My lips are gross, they start off alright in the morning but dry out over the course of the day, but I can deal with that. I've not had any other side effects, the aforementioned rashy arms I'm pretty sure aren't related to it (I'll stop using my shower gel tonight and see what happens). :)

MemberMember
(@sd85)

Posted : 12/13/2011 10:25 pm

I can't remember what day I'm up to, but I thought I'd make a tiny update here. My arms are a bit rashy at the moment, it's really itchy and annoying, although I don't know if it's anything to do with Accutane since I started using a new shower gel the other day and I think I might just be loofah-ing too hard. lol.gif Sigh, it was such a nice one, too. Oh well!

I woke up and felt what I thought was a pimple on my chin, turns out there was nothing there and I've just forgotten what a pimple feels like (not really, but I was worried over nothing). The texture of my skin is pretty bumpy, especially on my chin, and my nose pores are enormous. At the end of the day when my makeup has sunk in, there are all these foundation-coloured dots on my nose. I prefer these over the blackheads that used to call my giant nose pores home, though. biggrin.png

I like being able to choose which kind of foundation I want to wear based on my level of laziness and not the condition of my skin. I use mineral powder when I can't be arsed using liquid foundation, but liquid has better staying power. I've also found that it's much easier to match foundations to my skin because I don't have as many mottled, patchy bits. The redness is fairly minimal too, which is awesome...

That's about it I think?

Anybody who is skeptical over Accutane, who is still trying to decide whether to take the plunge or not, please, I implore you, do it. You mightn't have side effects at all aside from dry lips. My lips are gross, they start off alright in the morning but dry out over the course of the day, but I can deal with that. I've not had any other side effects, the aforementioned rashy arms I'm pretty sure aren't related to it (I'll stop using my shower gel tonight and see what happens). smile.png

I'm totally with you on people using accutane---please do not hesitate people! Get out there and take care of your problem! It seems so silly to wait!

I haven't had much in the way of side effects other than dry lips.

MemberMember
(@followyourbliss)

Posted : 12/14/2011 12:35 am

Glad to hear your skin is looking good!!! :) Woohooo!

I also agree! If you're considering Accutane, DO IT!!!

I've had almost every single negative side effect and I still think it's worth it!!

Just look at the before and after gallery if you need motivation to start it.

SO worth it IMO.

MemberMember
(@pooratbest)

Posted : 12/17/2011 5:58 am

The rashy arms are probably related to it (unless you know you may have an allergy to a product in your shower gel) - they're common on backs of hands too. Just a by product of skin been dry, moisturise and my bet is they'll begin to go.

MemberMember
(@kellynemitz18gmail-com)

Posted : 12/17/2011 4:24 pm

I have a itchy rash on my arm :( It's definitely the dry skin from accutane!

MemberMember
(@again)

Posted : 12/23/2011 2:35 am

Wow! Absolutely awesome. I honestly can say that I am officially jealous. I am way farther along than you and I do not look even close to how good you look. Sure, I'm clear, but oh the marks I have!

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 01/08/2012 10:22 pm

Three months and fourteen days.

Still only dry lips. :) Cool beans.

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 02/16/2012 12:07 am

It's been more than a month since I even posted here, what is this madness?! Actually, I haven't been active on the Org at all... to be perfectly honest, I don't think about my skin much, because I don't need to. But when I really stop and think about it, I'm absolutely amazed that it has come this far, to the point where I'm no longer plagued by the one thing that took up so much of my headspace for eleven years straight...

So, this is my fourth month. Almost my fifth. I have my last dermatologist appointment on Monday, and everything has been fine. No horrible side effects except for the dry lips, which are absolutely disgusting and I can't wait to be rid of them, but it's been worth it. I know I'm going to be scared when I finish my course and I stop taking the pills, but I have my fingers crossed that the acne stays away. I have at least another month to go, my derm should prescribe me my last refill.

I'm nervous and excited. But if it eventuates that I need to do another course, I will do it with no hesitation.

MemberMember
(@xnoexitxinbox-lv)

Posted : 02/16/2012 12:32 pm

hehe. today I remembered about this site..

I could copy+paste ur last post, as one of mine smile.png) (well im close to 6 months thou`) so by what my derm said this is when I finish my course.. although there will be prophylactic course at superbly low dose for an extensive length of time..

im glad that ur doing fine aswell. hifive.gif

Forgot to add that I`m also going to driving school. I hope i will do my test better than you.. no offence :))

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 02/16/2012 11:35 pm

hehe. today I remembered about this site..

I could copy+paste ur last post, as one of mine smile.png) (well im close to 6 months thou`) so by what my derm said this is when I finish my course.. although there will be prophylactic course at superbly low dose for an extensive length of time..

im glad that ur doing fine aswell. hifive.gif

Forgot to add that I`m also going to driving school. I hope i will do my test better than you.. no offence smile.png)

I'm glad everything turned out well for you too! :D

Hahaha I hope you do better than me, too! It was only nerves that got the best of me, I'm not actually a bad driver, I swear. ;)

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 02/17/2012 12:16 pm

Looks like your results are quite similar to mine! I'm almost done, 11 more days, and most of my red marks are quite faded. I can go without foundation, but my skin isn't perfect that way. I also have some texture scars on my chin and along my jaw, more on the right than the left. I too hope that they will plump up once I'm done with my course.

I'm really happy for you that your skin is doing so well!

MemberMember
(@pooratbest)

Posted : 03/15/2012 3:36 pm

Great to hear youre still going well, are you still on just 20mg?

MemberMember
(@xnoexitxinbox-lv)

Posted : 04/01/2012 1:07 pm

Sooo, How are you doing, so far? I guess u have finished ur course..?

MemberMember
(@opeggygordon)

Posted : 05/04/2012 9:51 pm

hey there , I was wonderin how youre getting along? Looks good since last time eh? you dont seem to be on here as much which can only be a good thing means youre occupied with stuff other than worryin about your skin.

I really hope youre doing perfect. An happy. drop us a line darlin...

:-)

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 05/28/2013 1:25 am

Hey guys. :)

Quite obviously, I haven't been around here - not entirely because I'd finished my course and my skin was okay, but a lot of other things sort of jumped in the way.

Anyway, a little update, I guess? It's been a while since I finished my course, and my skin was clear for a while afterwards. I still get spots. Blackheads on my nose are back, forehead breaks out, I get some pretty nasty ones. It's not as bad as it was before to the point where I was covered in them, but I haven't stayed clear.

I also have milia on my arms now, which I didn't have before. So I guess in the long run, it was worth it... kind of? eusa_think.gif I've started having to wear makeup again to cover red marks, when for a while, I didn't have to wear any. It's pretty frustrating. I don't want to go through all of this again.