Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log - I'm loving it!

MemberMember
(@rainsores)

Posted : 08/18/2011 3:29 pm

Such a ridiculous question to ask you. Please ignore it, because before you know it your skin will be so much better and this woman just won't matter at all! I've just started Accutane myself, so fingers crossed it goes well for us!

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 09/09/2011 12:20 pm

********* DAYYYYYYYYYYY 79 ******************

Hey everyone!!

Thank you Lips, Again! and Rainsores for your kind words! Like Rainsores wrote in her blog, sometimes my face embarrasses me and I want the ground to open up and swallow me. But, with this crazy weather here, I feel like saying something like that is just jinxing myself. KNOCK ON FREAKING WOOD.

I know I havenat updated in a while! School started back up so its been hectic with the weather as well (hurricane, flooding, earthquake) and work. Accutane is going good. No actives at the moment. I have just obvious dark pink scarring on both cheeks that is taking for fucking ever to heal. My face is definitely smoother, no dry skin at ALL (heck, my skin still gets a little oily), and my lips are not bad. I forgot my chap stick at home today and its been probably 5-6 hours and my lips (although a tiny dry) are completely manageable. My hair, Iave noticed, is frizzier more than usual the last couple of weeks but I canat tell if thatas because weave been having humid and wet weather or because of the Accutane (maybe a combo of both?).. I donat know so I bought a Laoreal frizz control putty to tame it. Iall put a picture up soon so you can see what Iam talking about.

So hereas the run-down:

My back and chest have scars a but no actives

My face has no actives, but 1 healing on my left cheek

I also about 4-5 comodones that still need to surface on each of my cheeks

My Achilles heel is not hurting me as much anymore

I have no aches or pains that I can really notice

My eyes were bothering me so severely badly and I know Accutane is the cause. So, 2 weeks ago I went out and bought glasses and have been switching out of my contacts and into my glasses as soon as I get home from work and now my eyes barely bother me (still a little, but hardly)

Other then that, still playing the waiting game. Its almost been 3 months. wow -

crrrrazy!

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 09/15/2011 6:52 am

*************** DAY 85 - WEEK 12 **********************

Wow, I can't believe its already been 85 days! Goodness.

So before I started to now, my face is a million times smoother!

90 percent of my acne and comodones are gone.

My oiliness has significantly decreased!

My hair has gotten frizzy actually from being so dry so I now use John Freida's Frizz-Ease Creme

I used to use Benzoyl peroxide and dammmmn did that used to dry out my skin and cause flakiness. My skin is no longer dry or flaky! I lovvvvve that!

My acne scars are definitely still there but I can see that they are getting lighter - it just takes times.

I'm not even done with my 3rd month, (very close, but not quite) and already my face is a million times smoother and clearer.

Of course like everyone else on here I want my skin to be perfect to the point that I can walk out my house without make-up. But, not everyone is the same and not everyone has perfect skin. I'm going to have to play this waiting game and hope for the best the rest of my accutane experience. So far, I have 1 tiny active on my right cheek that popped up yesterday. My fault, I was picking at my face.

That's all for now.

OH, I do have a question if anyone who reads this post. I'm planning to start up P90X (heavy-duty work-outs) this weekend to get toned and in shape. Has anybody had bad experiences with working out heavy while on accutane?? I know I've been having problems with a sore back and sore ankles.

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 09/16/2011 6:54 am

*************** DAY 86 - WEEK 12 **********************

Drinking beer while on Accutane is not a good idea. I woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach nauseous and I only had 2 beers last night.

On to another question!! Does anybody know of something that will reduce your pore size? That's one of my main concerns. I feel so conscious of them. ugh.

Oh acne, why you do me like this????

I still have only 1 active on my right cheek. I'm starting P90X workouts tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@foreveryoung21)

Posted : 09/20/2011 4:06 pm

I would LOVE an answer for that pore question too. I know what you mean.. I'm just as self conscious about mine. I'm just starting claravis today and I know that even if this does work for me and I'm acne free I'm still going to have these giant old pores. yuck.

also good to know about the drinking.. i guess i'm going to try my best to avoid it. and of course my 21st birthday is coming up in less than 2 months and i'll barely be able to celebrate haha

Glad to read that you're seeing results and I hope it continues! :)

-Colleen

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 09/29/2011 7:17 am

*************** DAY 99 WEEK 14 **********************

@ForeverYoung21 HEY! Congrats on starting Accutane. No one answered my pore question, ugh. But, it does suck doesn't it?!!! I feel as if they are so obvious and they look obvious. I hate it. I don't want to vent but I am so sick of looking in the mirror and not being happy with what I see. I admit accutane is helping tons and I am so happy i went on it bc now my acne is gone. I do not break out. I am getting no new pimples or active. The only actives I have been getting the last 2 months are from my comodones surfacing. Now, on my entire face, I can visibly see less that 6 tiny ones, under my skin which is great because months ago, I literally had hundreds. I think what i am going to do to help me with my pore and scarring is wait until I am off accutane and look at my other options. There is laser treatment and stuff out there. But, my only fear is that whatever I do to help reduce my pore size and lessen the scarring, I do not want to screw up and bring my acne back. good luck on your accutane journey. There are suckey times, but in the long run, definitely worth it! Let me know how everything works out for you or if you have questions smile.png

So folks, I went to the doctors for my monthly check-up and my bloodwork looked good. This bloodsucking appointment was by far the most painful though. I am still on claravis 60 mg a day, have been since day 1. I have no actives at the moment. HOWEVER! I am freaking out a teeny tiny bit bc I am having problems with all of my joints and back. My shoulder blades areas, my elbows, my wrists, my ankles, my knees and my back are cracking and so freaking sore. Heck if I sit in a chair and get up, my knees make this disgusting sounds, while at the same time, my shoulder will crack, my ankles will crack, my back will be sore and stiff, and it effing sucks. This just started up a week ago and I think I'm going to go make an appointment and make sure I'm not damaging my bones or anything.... However, if they tell me to get of accutane, I will say no. I just have a month or so left and I don't want to get off premature. I want acne kicked from my system. Other then that, no other side affects. No dry lips, no dry skins, no oily skin, no oily hair, no suicidal thoughts, no eye problems, nothing.

MemberMember
(@oilyface4life)

Posted : 09/29/2011 8:16 pm

Hey Sophia, so how's your skin now, I am on accutane 40 mg daily, for 4 months, I am on my 4th month right now. But i just got a breakout, which is really ticking me off because I was completely clear (except red marks) for the past 2 months, and all of a sudden this breakout shows its a*s up out of nowhere. As for the pores, I don't think accutane tightens them after your off it. Because I have nasty enlarged pores on my cheeks and they never seem to reduce in size. I am gunna have to try this derma stamp a year from now.

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 10/02/2011 3:41 pm

@Oilyface4life hello! My face right now is okay. 1 active decided to pop up out of nowhere yesterday on my chin, ugh. So, besides the active, i have just scars and pores that effing annoy me. My pores don't seem to reduce in size either but I'm hoping there's some skin tightening treatments or lasers that I can try once I'm off accutane for 6 months. Aww, I'm sorry about your breakout! I totally know how you feel. My 1 active is bugging the hell out of me which is crazy bc month ago, I would have been happy with just one active since my face was so bad. My scarring is just on my cheeks. My forehead and chin are good. What's derma stamp?? Does that help with pores or something? I'll have to check it out. By the way, are your experiencing a lot of joint cracking?? I'm getting nervous with how much my body cracks and stuff. Going up and down the stairs and even bending hurts a tad. I started taking the glucosamine sulphate which I believe is helping a little but its too soon to tell. Its been a couple of days since you posted, has your breakout cleared up??

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 10/05/2011 9:10 pm

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

My body is getting so fucking bad with the snap, crackle and pops

My skin is clearer! Much clearer. From before to now there is a 100% difference which I love.

But accutane is freaking me out. My joint and bones just started crackling beginning of my 4th month

on Accutane. Now, I can't get up without everything from my shoulder to my arm to my ankles to my back to

my left knee cracking. Its badddd! The soreness subsided soon as I stared taking Glucosamine Sulfate....but still!

I think I'm going to get an MRI done to see what's going on. I do not want to stop Accutane premature and risk getting acne again,

but my whole body is horrible.

Fucking freaking out.

MemberMember
(@super-sad)

Posted : 10/07/2011 8:30 am

I do not have problem with huge pore size. I used to have even larger pores but I think accutane help me reduce it. You all stillgot large pore?

By the way I would really suggest you tell your derm about it and also go and see doctor about it. Becoz we all aware that there is alot side effct. I am at very low dose so I did nor have that effect but skin still very dry even when it is week ten. And I still have active acne. :( and relapsing cyst. :( but take care ger. :)

MemberMember
(@sophia07)

Posted : 10/10/2011 9:44 pm

@Super Sad My pores aren't huge but they're there and they're noticeable. I just want them gone.

I guess I'm being too greedy. I want 100% perfect silky skin which probably won't happen.

Ugh.

Anyways, like you said, a lot of my pores did reduce, but they're still there. Maybe you still have active acne bc

of the low dosage you are on?? Does your dosage match your weight? Don't worry, in month 3 I was still breaking out a little.

Everyone is different. Just be patient :)

My skin is free of actives at the moment. Haven't had any for over a week now which is great.

My body still snap, crackles and pops. Doctor said it may go away after I get off Accutane.

Heck, it better go away.

MemberMember
(@savedbygrace1)

Posted : 04/30/2012 12:29 pm

Hey did your crackling go away??? I am on a 6 month course and I am seriously popping so much...I'm supposed to go through June, but I might make May my last month...if this doesn't get any better.

MemberMember
(@unshakenaves)

Posted : 07/26/2013 9:14 am

Sigh! So I am on my 9th day accutane. I'm 22 year old female, 5 feet, 45kg so I am on a dosage of 20mg.

I had high hopes in the first week. I had been on differin for a month, so i figured that the 'bad poisen' that causes the IB would already have come out during differin. During the first week on accutane, my skin cleared up. By the end of the week, i had NO ACTIVE ACNE! Just scars. I was so happy, I was able to see all my friends, flirt with cute guys etc.

Then week 2 starts and BAM! I get a new pimple a day, but it wasn't just normal ones. They were deep, hard ones. Normally I get them on the bottom of my cheeks, but these were in places I've never broken out before eg: under my eye, smack bang in the middle of a cheek etc. OH and lets not forget the whopper in the middle of my eyebrows. This is really embarassing, I'm going to Russia on holidays, I had new clothes etc because I was feeling so confident..looking forward to actually TAKING PHOTOS this trip and now its all ruined.

I'm hoping this isn't an IB but rather, my hormes as my period is due next week. Will keep you posted.

Question - are the deep hard zits cystic acne? One of them was really hard and large, but now it looks like a whitehead is coming to the surface...slower than usual but its coming. I tried squeezing but it was still too deep to get anything out and i didn't wanna scar.

Can i use differin with accutane?

Also, i accidentally took 3 pills today instead of 1. I'm very forgetful. I can't even see a doctor cuz i'm travelling..