Notifications
Clear all

The time has come the Walrus said.

MemberMember
(@chloeb21)

Posted : 08/26/2011 12:39 am

ahh, lucky! do you live in LA?? where do you work?

love her

MemberMember
(@chloeb21)

Posted : 08/26/2011 12:40 am

oh and your skin looks really good! i just started accutane; i'm on day 9. i have no pimples right now, but i do have dry lips. that's it though .. no dry skin or anything.

if i'm not seeing any side effects/pimples at day 8, do you think i'll get an IB? if i do i just hope it's not bad.. i don't know what to expect!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 08/26/2011 7:39 pm

I don't know cause I don't know your body ;-( I'd say if after a month in half you still haven't had a bad break out I don't think you will. I had a semi weird break out the third week, you can see it in the photos...it wasn't awful it was weird like skin colored bumps that never actually became zits.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 08/30/2011 2:54 am

Month 2 Day 8, 9, 10

I have one under the skin zit on my chin the rest of my face is completely clear and I just have left over red marks. I hate the dryness. I want to soak my body in oil on the time. I'm constantly moisturizing. I'm going to get the trixea stuff again and a different richer moisturizer for at night. It's crazy how much accitane has taken the inflammation of redness out of my face. Doesn't that actually have the opposite effect?

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 08/31/2011 3:41 am

Month 2 Day 11

So im confused about whether I should finish my entire accutane pack. If Im going by 40 every other day than I still have a ways to go but if she wanted me to just do 20 mg every day or to equal 40 every other day than im almost done with my second month, I need to call and ask.

I have one active on my chin or under the skin, the dryness sucks I hate dry skin I hate it. I want to just bathe and bathe in oil. My eyes have become very dry has this happened to anyone Ive got a few styes as well but those were pretty common prior to accutane, my dad gets them as well. Sometimes when my eyes are dry my vision seems different but once i put the drops in theyre fine I just went to the eye doctor for that dermatitis above my eye and he checked my vision and was quite impressed. Working in a resturuant doesnt help either because all the smoke and frying grease also dries them out

I cant really complain my skin looks pretty good

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 09/02/2011 10:56 am

Ok, I want to just lay into u atm...

I feel like u r just making fun of us that actually have serious acne.

I hope u get the results u want, but imho u r delusional.

I agree with you Crystal, I can't believe her derm even gave her this when her skin is flawless. Unbelievable my skin has been a train wreck for 16 years, and no derm will give me accutane. 34 years old and still suffering. I just want to cry.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/02/2011 1:03 pm

:-( I've defended myself countless times. It really is not flawless.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/02/2011 3:02 pm

Weekly pictures

Left side (good side): http://www.flickr.com/photos/66341338@N07/...tream/lightbox/

Right side (bad side): redness, hyper-pigmentation, scaring, blah blah blah http://www.flickr.com/photos/66341338@N07/...tream/lightbox/

By the way its unbelievable how much moisturizer I'm using I think in this photo I put the circumference of a soda can of cerave moisturizer, then I put about a quarter size of my avene moisturizer on top of that, and then a finger worth of vaseline (this was last night)

and now I just put sunblock on

BUT DEAR GOD, insane and its insane that its not causing cystic acne like it use to

MemberMember
(@jamie-ann)

Posted : 09/02/2011 4:49 pm

Wow your skin is looking soooo good!!!!

MemberMember
(@jamie-ann)

Posted : 09/02/2011 4:52 pm

I agree with you Crystal, I can't believe her derm even gave her this when her skin is flawless. Unbelievable my skin has been a train wreck for 16 years, and no derm will give me accutane. 34 years old and still suffering. I just want to cry.

If your skin is as bad as you're describing it I really don't see why a derm won't put you on Accutane. It must not be that bad...that or you need to go to multiple doctors. Trust me, I'm not sure where you live but down here Accutane is a commonly prescribed solution.

And just remember any amount of acne, however "slight" or "severe" YOU may think it is, is horribly damaging to a persons self confidence. You have to have cystic acne to complain about it? No, mam. Any amount of acne needs to be cured or it will leave scarring. This is just her way of getting rid of it. Accutane is sometimes the only solution, no matter how bad or slight someone's acne is.

Plus someone's pictures usually aren't the best quality and you would really need to see her in person before judging her.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/02/2011 5:03 pm

If your skin is as bad as you're describing it I really don't see why a derm won't put you on Accutane. It must not be that bad...that or you need to go to multiple doctors. Trust me, I'm not sure where you live but down here Accutane is a commonly prescribed solution.

And just remember any amount of acne, however "slight" or "severe" YOU may think it is, is horribly damaging to a persons self confidence. You have to have cystic acne to complain about it? No, mam. Any amount of acne needs to be cured or it will leave scarring. This is just her way of getting rid of it. Accutane is sometimes the only solution, no matter how bad or slight someone's acne is.

Plus someone's pictures usually aren't the best quality and you would really need to see her in person before judging her.

If I could "like" this I would, multiple times. Okay just picture this, anyone reading who disagrees that I should be on accutane. I got acne when I was 13 years old. 13! My two other sisters, zero acne and if they did they would get the occasional break out. But me, no it wasn't just a every now and then thing, it was a constant cycle which would get worse before my periods. At one point in my life I was getting severe cystic acne on my cheeks and chin that would hurt and wouldn't come to a head.

I am now 21, 21! About to be 22 in nov. that is what 11 years of physical damage? and emotionally traumatizing? I mean I can't remember an event that I had to go to where my skin could be considered "semi clear" I am in the stage of my life where I shouldn't be worrying about constant cysts, zits what have you. I'm in my 20s now is the time for age prevention not zit prevention. Mind you, I don't mind getting a few bumps here and there, I know there is no perfection, I don't see perfection I just want a little easier than I've had it.

Now, my skin care is so simple I wash and moisturize and my skin looks fantastic. Before nothing would stick nothing would absorb correctly, make up just looked gross, I was a mess. I felt like a freak.. Half the fun of being a girl is wearing make up and now I can do that.

So how dare some of you say what should be or shouldn't be. You can have it too. If your acne is bothering you that much and it's been going on for awhile seek out a derm who will listen. Trust me I've been there. I wanted accutane when I was 18 and NO DERM would give it to me. Not one. And even about a year ago I went on a hunt for one that would and would accutally listen. Don't give up.

MemberMember
(@parker395)

Posted : 09/02/2011 5:20 pm

Good comment Jamie Ann. I would like to second what you said - thanks for bringing such positive energy to the boards. We all deal with different forms of acne on here, some more severe and/or stubborn than others. I'm sure each case is devastating to each of us in some way or another, maybe not equally so, but still painful. Even mild acne takes its toll over long periods of time. I like to think of these boards as a way for us all to rely on each other for emotional support through the ups & downs of our course on the drug, share tips for dealing with crazy side effects and also celebrate each other's successes, regardless of how big or small they might be. We might be starting in slightly different places, but we're all trying to get to the same place using the same tools.

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 09/02/2011 5:30 pm

Personally, I thought Cassandra's skin was great before Accutane and I guess it'll be perfect afterwards. I've seen a bit of heat directed at Cassandra in this log and indeed in others, and while I can understand that some people might compare their acne and feel hard-done-by if they've previously been refused Accutane, it's not really fair or constructive to hold that against Cassandra.

I'm talking here as someone who, based on what I've seen, has worse acne than Cassandra does. I have also been denied Accutane on our free health service by my doctor because he didn't think it was bad enough. Seems that if I want it, I'm going to have to demand a referral from my doctor and then pay a large amount of money to a private dermatologist. That's a whole new world to me because we have free health care in the UK. Comparatively, my understanding is that, in America, if you're willing to pay for it then you will get it. I can't argue with that really - had that been the way here, I would have gone ahead and got it long ago.

I referred to my acne as being, "worse", but lets not forget that this is no kind of competition. It's all relative. There are people who have what I perceive to be severe acne but they shrug it off as best they can and live their life. All credit to them, I think that's awesome and I can only wish that I was strong enough to do the same. But by contrast, and much to my detriment, my lack of confidence dictates that even a single pimple has the potential to make me feel so incredibly down after suffering with acne from 13 to the present day at the age of 26. Having been previously refused Accutane at face value, as it were, my next approach is to express how my acne has such a negative impact on my emotional and mental well-being for half my life. In that respect, the severity of the acne doesn't even come into it.

My understanding is that any individual would be justified in being prescribed Accutane if, amongst other things, they believe that: they are dysmorphic about their acne; their acne has continued into adulthood without responding to other treatments; if the acne has a negative impact on their social life, working life and confidence.

I can tick all three boxes without out doubt and that's what I will put forward as I attempt to get Accutane in the coming weeks. If I were to post pictures right now, showing the few scars I have from a horrible recent breakout and maybe the odd pimple, I'm sure the majority would say that I'm making too much of it. Indeed, the very thought that I want to get Accutane with my skin as it currently is makes me feel like a fake. Who knows, maybe I am, but the fact is that it holds me back and stops me doing something almost every day. That is a key factor and as good a reason as if the acne were severe.

For anyone who has previously been refused, I would suggest that they go back or go elsewhere and change their approach because we all deserve to do whatever we think is needed to get the skin we can be happy with. In the meantime, lets try and support instead of cricise, because maybe one day if we get our way, we'd be hoping for the same support in return.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/02/2011 5:31 pm

Good comment Jamie Ann. I would like to second what you said - thanks for bringing such positive energy to the boards. We all deal with different forms of acne on here, some more severe and/or stubborn than others. I'm sure each case is devastating to each of us in some way or another, maybe not equally so, but still painful. Even mild acne takes its toll over long periods of time. I like to think of these boards as a way for us all to rely on each other for emotional support through the ups & downs of our course on the drug, share tips for dealing with crazy side effects and also celebrate each other's successes, regardless of how big or small they might be. We might be starting in slightly different places, but we're all trying to get to the same place using the same tools.

Dude triple triple like, thank you. This is why I stayed on the org I knew there were still people with such great hearts.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/02/2011 5:34 pm

Personally, I thought Cassandra's skin was great before Accutane and I guess it'll be perfect afterwards. I've seen a bit of heat directed at Cassandra in this log and indeed in others, and while I can understand that some people might compare their acne and feel hard-done-by if they've previously been refused Accutane, it's not really fair or constructive to hold that against Cassandra.

I'm talking here as someone who, based on what I've seen, has worse acne than Cassandra does. I have also been denied Accutane on our free health service by my doctor because he didn't think it was bad enough. Seems that if I want it, I'm going to have to demand a referral from my doctor and then pay a large amount of money to a private dermatologist. That's a whole new world to me because we have free health care in the UK. Comparatively, my understanding is that, in America, if you're willing to pay for it then you will get it. I can't argue with that really - had that been the way here, I would have gone ahead and got it long ago.

I referred to my acne as being, "worse", but lets not forget that this is no kind of competition. It's all relative. There are people who who have what I perceive to be severe acne but they shrug it off as best they can and live their life. By contrast, and much to my detriment, my lack of confidence dictates that even a single pimple has the potential to make me feel so incredibly down. Having been previously refused Accutane at face value, as it were, my next approach is to express how my acne has such a negative impact on my emotional and mental well-being. In that respect, the severity of the acne doesn't come into it.

My understanding is that any individual would be justified in being prescribed Accutane if, amongst other things, they believe that: they are dysmorphic about their acne; their acne has continued into adulthood without responding to other treatments; if the acne has a negative impact on their social life, working life and confidence.

I can tick all three boxes there and that's what I will put forward as I attempt to get Accutane in the coming weeks. If I were to post pictures right now, showing the few scars I have from a horrible recent breakout and maybe the odd pimple, I'm sure the majority would say that I'm making too much of it. Indeed, the very thought that I want to get Accutane with my skin as it currently is makes me feel like a fake. Who knows, maybe I am, but the fact is that it holds me back and stops me doing something almost every day. That is a key factor and as good a reason as if the acne were severe. For anyone who has previously been refused, I would suggest that they go back or go elsewhere and change their approach because we all deserve to do whatever we think is needed to get the skin we can be happy with.

Amen brother. I love all this positive energy. Keep it flowing keep it flowing.

Remember I was denied accutane for years, I went on a serious mission. I was actually told by a plastic surgeon "Ill give you accutane if you want accutane" I never went back to him again. I wanted a derm that I could trust and who actually would look after my course. Trust me there are docs out there willing to help.

MemberMember
(@opeggygordon)

Posted : 09/02/2011 8:29 pm

what the hell is all this about, 'she doesnt even have acne???

Of course she does or she wouldnt be on this site, we all arent here to judge. maybe her acne isnt severe but so bloody what if its affecting her life she should try an get rid of it.

Ive had acne for years and an wouldnt judge anyone in any way related to how it affets them.

Aside from that your skin tooks good Cassandra and thanks for posting your log

MemberMember
(@jamie-ann)

Posted : 09/02/2011 10:09 pm

Ignore the haters, there isn't many of them anyways! We are all here for you girl. :)

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/03/2011 5:23 am

Fantastic guys I need all the encouragement right now

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/07/2011 2:54 am

I feel like I've been on accutane for more than 2 months and 11 days and I have, because its 40 every other day. It really stinks I can't wait to get off this medication ;-( but i'm trying to stay positive. I had a few mini not even zits on my forehead from stress but its okay.

By the way I met this girl last night who was kinda hooking up with my guys friend and SHE WAS STUNNING and she had acne. Cystic acne. I wish I wouldn't make such a big deal of this crap, maybe I wouldn't be paying with excessive dead skin/dermatitis/irritation whatever it is. ;-(

MemberMember
(@jamie-ann)

Posted : 09/07/2011 8:38 am

I know how you feel! People have waaaay worse acne than us and have beaming confidence. My confidence has definitely increased since Accutane but I still got a long way to go!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/07/2011 9:21 pm

Month 2, Week 5, Days 13 & 14

In the past few days I've just been kinda down lately. I have 2 tiny actives on my forehead (super annoying) but hey it could be much much worse and I have been horrible with my diet its disgusting, doesn't surprise me that I have some on my forehead and I've been super stressed about my guy.

I just want to get off this medication already and I want to be on the right dosage. 40 mg every other day is taking doubly long. I feel like I've been on this drug for four months. I wish it was 20 mg every day and then I'd be done already. I need to talk to my derm, I def. can not handle 40 every day yet.

My skin has been increasingly dry and I highly dislike that ;-( I want oil on my skin I just dont want it to cause breakouts argh

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 09/08/2011 12:20 am

I'm at work at the moment so I didn't read through every single page, but I skimmed over some of the comments and I'm surprised at how vile people can be when they're suffering from the same thing you're going through. Everybody's acne is at varying levels of severity, but regardless of how mild it can be, it is still emotionally and psychologically damaging to have to deal with every day of your life! On a good day, mine isn't awful, but when it's bad, it absolutely shatters me and I don't go out, I don't talk to people, I walk with my head down and I cry. A lot.

Keep clunking away, Cassandra. In the long run, it's not a long time, especially if your acne doesn't come back.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/08/2011 10:10 pm

I picked at one on my forehead and now there's a scab there ;-( which sucks, I know better. Everything looks good, I just want to get off this medication and it's only two months in. ;-(

Gotta stay positive.

MemberMember
(@again)

Posted : 09/09/2011 1:04 am

Hi Lips. I have contemplated on wether I should make a comment or not. I definitely don't want to be a hater or someone who isn't supportive, which is why I have held back. I personally understand that everyone's situation and how they are emotionally dealing with it is all relative and it isn't up to us to judge.

For me, (coming from someone with severe cystic acne for the past 15 years!) I wasn't so much bothered by how little pimples you had, but how you described your condition. When I was feeling like a freak, due to my horrendous acne, it was encouraging to read your log and to feel like there was someone who was going through the same-thing I was and who understood my pain. So, when you had first posted your pictures..........it felt so.....I don't know..........I really just can't describe exactly how I felt. It honestly just made me feel like crying and basically cemented how hideous I really did look. I mean, if you thought that you looked that horrible, then how bad am I!?! Not, to make you feel bad, but I have cried after reading your log before, because of how bad it made me feel afterwards. Don't get me wrong- I know that that is not your fault and it is my own issues and my problem.

I want to support you and everyone else on this site. My intentions are not to make you feel bad. And, if I have, I apologize ahead of time-I'm sorry. I know that you have been given a lot of grief and I wanted to give you another angle so as to maybe help you understand where maybe some are coming from. Like I mentioned in the beginning, I contemplated if I should give my two cents, so I hope that is was the right decision on my part.

I wish you the best and know that there is plenty of support on this org for you! =)

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 09/09/2011 1:42 am

No worries girl. From the bottom of my heart I'm sorry my log sparked that kind of emotion from you. But pictures can lie. The texture of m skin is different. It almost looks like melted plastic. Sometimes people say I have the most gorgeous skin in the world and sometimes people look at me like I'm a freak. I have good days and lots of bad days.

I'm sincerely sorry, my heart aches right now.