Notifications
Clear all

The time has come the Walrus said.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 02/03/2012 4:02 am

hmmm I don't even know where to begin... I was taking 40 mg every day for two months and then got it lowered down to 20 mg for another two months. My face started clearing up from day 1. At month four my face, eyes, other parts of my body which shall remain nameless became insanely dry.... I decided to stop mid course and guess what? Not a single large pimple. Sure I get maybe one tiny i mean tiny zit every month but it's nothing compared to what it was. I haven't even thought about my skin until right now.

I wake up every day and I can use anti aging creams, retnoids and lotions without freaking out that my skin will react to it. Even make up... I can wear make up again without having any problems. Would I do it all over again? Heck yes. It sucked while I was on it, I hate the feeling of dry skin and eyes. I had constant styes and dermatitis around my eyes. But to wake up and not worry about my skin? TOTALLY WORTH IT.

If anyone suffered from acne like I have and they have tried all options please dear god look into this drug.... I got my life back.

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 02/03/2012 10:55 pm

so lucky!!! iam happy for you!!

MemberMember
(@isisrising)

Posted : 02/04/2012 9:20 am

Hi LipsLikeSugar -

I was on 30mg/day for a month and my doc increased to 60 a couple of weeks ago. I have had horrible side effects from the 60. I was thinking of going back down, way down to 20mg/day for a couple of weeks until my next appt. How early did you stop in your course? Were you on 4 months total? Did your side effects calm down after you lowered your dosage? Thanks for your info... Right now I feel like it's between stopping altogether or just doing the 20mg/day and I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 02/05/2012 9:09 pm

Hi LipsLikeSugar -

I was on 30mg/day for a month and my doc increased to 60 a couple of weeks ago. I have had horrible side effects from the 60. I was thinking of going back down, way down to 20mg/day for a couple of weeks until my next appt. How early did you stop in your course? Were you on 4 months total? Did your side effects calm down after you lowered your dosage? Thanks for your info... Right now I feel like it's between stopping altogether or just doing the 20mg/day and I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do. Thanks!

Hey there rising. How would you rate your acne? If it is not severe I would suggest lowering your dosage though, I'm no doctor or derm. I suffered with extremely dry skin and very dry eyes. That was about it. It was dry on even 20 mg though and I noticed the effects immediately. At first the accutane purged my skin of all the oil for a week and then I just started drying out and clearing up. I didn't have an initial break out. After four months with out having a single pimple I just decided to cut it, I wasn't even half way done. I was suppose to be on 40 mg for 6 months I believe, I couldn't handle that.

I got off the meds and the side effects went away after about a month however, I still suffer from dry eyes when I wake up, when I'm working at my job (I work in a restaurant and there's always smoke), if I cry, if I have a couple glasses of wine... etc. Was it worth it? Without a doubt! I can't begin to tell you how good it feels for people to come up to me and say "You have the most gorgeous skin." And I say, "You have no idea how much that means to me," cause it does. I suffered for about half my life with acne on and off and it can really damage your self image.

So, see how the 20 mg goes. If you break out, you break out, if you don't... awesome! Just remind yourself that it all gets better with time! Don't over do it. You know your body best and if you can't handle a high dose just don't do it.

*muah*

so lucky!!! iam happy for you!!

Thanks dude! Looking back on it I say "It was just acne" but dear god I'm glad I don't have to deal anymore.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/19/2012 4:01 am

Hello everyone. I was very bored last night so I took a few pictures of myself. I have never taken full face photos until now. I am (I believe) 6 to 7 months post accutane. I was on 40 mg every day and then 20 every other day. I did not do a full 6 months course, it was more like four. Go to my gallery, I will try to upload the pictures there.

Here is my updated regimen:

Morning:

I do NOT wash my face.

I apply ACV as a toner. I wet the cotton ball and dap it in the acv for a few seconds.

I apply a dark spot corrector (I still have some dark spots)

Loreal spf 50 sunscreen (even if I am not going outside)

I then apply Nivea Soft moisturizer every day

(sometimes apply make up)

Night:

I remove my make up with ponds cream (if I am wearing)

I only wash my face with a face wash if I am wearing make up

I then apply ACV to my face again (this is usually the first step if I am not wearing make up)

I exfoliate with oatmeal or sometimes an exfoliating wash (2X a week max)

I apply Garnier dark spot corrector again

I then rotate with my neutrogena night cream (small amount of retnoid) and my olay cream every other day

I apply Nivea soft cream again

Wait an hour before sleeping (you don't want all that goodness to come off)

Note to user: I always, always and I mean always (even if it is foggy) wear a hat and sunglasses while driving (you are exposed to more sunlight than you believe)

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/25/2012 2:28 am

Hello everyone, so I've been getting spots here and there for about two months, specifically before my period. Anyways, I think I'm going to go back to the derm and ask to finish my course for another 3-4 months (if they let me, we shall see). The spots have been getting bigger and I would rather do it now and get it over with then have to deal again in the future. Hope everyone is well.

MemberMember
(@sammy0521)

Posted : 09/13/2012 8:55 am

Good luck girl!

MemberMember
(@whitneyonaccutane)

Posted : 07/31/2013 7:53 pm

Hey! I found myself at your log again to see how things were going for you. Did you go ahead and compete the course? Any update? I've recently started my second course and I was curious about the other folks who were on their courses at the same time as me. I hope all is well.