Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane..about time (Pics)

MemberMember
(@mdn217)

Posted : 03/26/2013 6:06 am

~6 Months Post Accutane

I know I haven't updated in quite some time, but that is due to my skin doing quite well. I get the

occasional pimple, but it heals quickly with the application of SA. I figured out my back acne by using a body wash with 2% SA in it.....

Besides that, my regimen consists of.... Biore- SA scrub, Purpose gentle cleanser, Neutrogena SA toner and Neutrogena SA lotion....

as you can see I use a lot of SA and that seems to be working best for me. It keeps me clear and treats the occasional pimple that I do get.

As for you deciding whether or not to go on a course of accutane, I recommend that you do. It is scary due to all of the bad stigma, but all drugs have their side effects. I tried nearly everything before accutane and nothing worked for me until it. I even broke out up until the month after my course. I thought for sure I was going to have to go on another course, but then all of a sudden i started to clear and stay clear. I hope i continue to stay clear and will do my best to keep you guys informed. I'm not even sure if the same people are on the .org as when I was active with my log. I kinda hope they aren't which means they figured out a solution to their acne like i did smile.png

Have a good day everyone!

Your after tane skin looks great and smooth, bro! This is an old thread, are you still clear today?

Although I'm happy for you, did you really take 100 mg your 5th month?! I'd be scared shitless to go over 60!

Hey thanks! I'm still about 80-90% clear today. I get the occasional pimple here and there. I still maintain with a SA wash.

Ya 100mg was pretty scary. It actually made everything way worse, then my course ended and the month after everything cleared up! I know most courses r 6 months or so at a little lower so maybe my doc wanted to hit the right cumulative dose quicker. The side effects were pretty rough but manageable (super dry skin/ lips, joint pain, ect.)