Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log: Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

MemberMember
(@lebron)

Posted : 02/16/2010 6:14 pm

Hey there great log, I'm a week ahead of you, so good luck with this :)

MemberMember
(@allsmiles19)

Posted : 02/16/2010 6:33 pm

Hey!!

I've been reading your blogs/posts and what-not and you make me laugh out loud! I really appreciate people with a sense of humor- it's seriously way harder to find than one would think! anywho we sort of have similar situations; I too have just started Accutane, I'm in my first year at college and just incase you hadn't figured this out yet, i'm a girl too (kind of a sad third but i couldn't break up the flow of the sentence) haha I'm majoring in journalism at the moment, although im thinking of changing, and you do have a knack for writing. I'll definitely be following your blog, keep up with all the witticisms- they're great!

oh p.s. i have a blog too, except i haven't quite figured out how to do that link thing just yet- oh well!

:D Dorothea-Allsmiles19

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 02/17/2010 2:13 pm

DAY SEVEN:

One week down, several (hundred) more to go. I'm currently chewing that new excell Mist gum, which claims to be the wettest gum in the world, but I think that's just a load of bollocks. There is no way gum could be wet. It's just your saliva that makes it wet. So, I guess if you had to gag and got a sudden well-up of saliva in your mouth like you do just before you have to puke and then quickly stick the gum in your piehole and begin chewing frantically, then I can see how it could be the wettest gum in the world.

Bleg a I feel weird today, mainly due to the fact that I hung out with some of my friends last night who are also back from college. And what do a bunch of recently-legal college students do? We drink, of course. Which, I know is not a smart thing to do on accutane, but I only had one shot of tequila. And I know it's just one shot because we were making blue ice drink things and were being very precise. Now, I'm a massive light-weight to begin with (mainly to the fact that I have a body mass equivalent to that of a pillow) but this time when I drank, it was... weird. I didn't feel drunk, I felt more like I just smoked about three joints. And then I didn't feel like moving, so I just laid on the couch watching some random Olympic event. At one point, I began chowing down on a bag of munchies. At another point, I fell asleep with my hand in the bag of munchies. At another point, I finished off the entire bag of munchies. AND my friends took pictures of it all to boot and promptly posted them on Facebook. So, while it's slightly hilarious now, I don't think I'll be drinking again on this course.

One thing I am loving about this dry skin is that my foundation stays on all day. It doesn't melt off and go all gross, although sometimes the edges around my nose are so dry, it cakes. Oh well, I'll take caking over melting any day.

I also realize that when I watch TV shows, movies, look at magazines, whatever, I always scan over every person's face, then feel my eyes narrow with envy at their porcelain perfection. Like last night, when I was watching Lost, all I could think was, aoeKate has really great skin. It's absolutely flawless.a Of course, I realize that many pictures are airbrushed and actors wear makeup, but you see what sort of sick thing society has warped into? To the fact that it takes a hit at my self-esteem when I watch a TV show? Disgusting.

Ooh! Ooh! I figured out how to upload pictures! I knew I said I was too lazy, but I finally got motivated to start a photobucket account and just so happened to take a picture of my specked and mottled mug sans makeup. And yes, I realize it is quite the unattractive shot, but I'm hungover. So here you go (and no, it isn't the picture asleep with my hand in the bag of munchies, unfortunately):

SEXY

I know, I know, it's hard to contain yourself when you just want to leap out of your chair and lick the monitor.

MemberMember
(@prettyspotty)

Posted : 02/17/2010 2:49 pm

OMG..Laughing my ass off over here! Please post the the drunkin sleeping pics ASAP! Too funny.

MemberMember
(@jayq)

Posted : 02/17/2010 3:28 pm

Hey kernel good luck to you!! What dosage are you taking and wht brand of accutane? Didnt see where u mentioned it before, but then again i could be blind :P

*edit- yep as i thought, i'm blind, saw you mentioned 60mg. :P sry

You should post it as part as your sig;)

MemberMember
(@aerithstrife)

Posted : 02/17/2010 3:54 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANADA! I walk around all day saying that...I also have the Olympic Canadian red mitts. When the olympics is over we'll be three weeks into our accutane experience!!!

MemberMember
(@jerichoa)

Posted : 02/17/2010 7:42 pm

One week down! WAY TO GO! I love your blog. <3

I can't wait for the super dry skin so that my foundation stays on better. I hate having to freshen up or use oil-blotting sheets. It takes too much time and money!

By the way, you're SUPER cute!

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 02/18/2010 7:28 pm

DAY EIGHT:

I have a problem. I am addicted to this site. So, in an attempt to refrain myself, I will not post an update today.

But there is'd RESPONSES!

@JayQ: thanks for reminding me. I've been meaning to put it in my signature for a while, but keep forgetting.

@prettyspotty: fine, FINE, I'll show you a couple of pictures (and that's only because I like you ;)):

HA HA

(luckily my friend is a tool and forgot to put on the flash and freakishly enough, my avatar pic was taken roughly three metres away from that spot as well)

@Jerichoa: thank you, although I think I look SUPERweird

@AerithStrife: I have frequently used that saying as well in these past few days. And I have a Team Canada shirt that I've worm for the duration of the Olympics. It's for good luck. And it's starting to smell bad.

MemberMember
(@prettyspotty)

Posted : 02/18/2010 8:54 pm

Total awesomeness! Thanks for posting some and in return maybe I'll post one of me sitting on the potty sometime to pay ya back!.........You know you wanna see it!

MemberMember
(@faithinhim)

Posted : 02/19/2010 11:01 am

Congrats on finishing your first week!

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 02/19/2010 2:50 pm

DAY NINE:

I'm positive that my skin is looking better. Less spotty, I'd say.

Over the past week, my dreams have gotten progressively odder and feel more realistic than reality does sometimes. Here's an except of my dream last night (and by the way, it has to do with the TV show aoeThe Officea, so if you don't watch it, you're apt to be confused):

So, it was found out that Jim was cheating on Pam with his ex, Karen, like right before Pam's supposed to give birth to their child. And the scenes in which he cheats were graphic, to say the least. Like, slightly perturbing that my imagination would even come up with that. So I was watching this episode with my family and I remember thinking aoeWhy would they put this plotline in there? Pam and Jim are soulmates!a and then I took a shower and was STILL upset over this horrid turn of events in The Office and I was kicking the shower walls because I was so upset.

WEIRD. Very weird.

The accutane aches and pains have started. Oh, and how they have started. It's one thing to read about them and another to experience them first-hand. I went to kickboxing with my cousin last night while I'm still at home and I thought I was seriously going to die afterwards. I just ended up laying in the backseat of her car for fifteen minutes afterwards, praying for someone to do the humane thing and shoot me to put me out of my misery. And when I bend over and then get a little too overzealous when I straighten up, my back spazzes out, like my muscles clumped up into a big knot and are frantically trying to sort themselves out.

Also, my skin is getting progressively and progressively dryer. It's to the point of where foundation is hard to wear without caking and flaking, which is not good. I heard that jojoba oil is good with dryness. Does anyone else have an opinion about this before I go out and buy some?

Oh yes, and also a my personal favourite a bloody boogers. Not nosebleeds, just boogers. Tonnes and tonnes of boogers. I think that within a day, I pick out a pound worth from each nostril. When I pinch my nose together, it feels like there's crystallized sugar candy up there.

Due to the remote fact that anyone on here remembers that I had to clean out my Oma's nuclear holocaust provisions in her cold room the other day, there's a second part to add to that story: So, after hauling an entire grocery store worth of odd items out of her basement, me and my brother had to transport them all to my Oma's new house. So, of course, my brother was speeding because he thinks it'll make all the chicks want him, and there was a ghost car on the side of the highway, and we were pulled over. THAT'S when I remembered that there were several unidentifiable baggies filled with suspicious green plants ALL OVER THE CAR. And the cops took a look in the back of the car when and saw all the junk we were hauling. And they came across a certain baggie that was the marijuana-ist looking of them all, with some crazy german writing on the front so you couldn't tell what it was anyways. It doesn't help that me and my brother have had a few a ahem a run-ins with the cops in our teenage years (deciding to climb up on the roof of a restaurant in the middle of the night and stealing grocery carts are just a few examples.) So that was fun.

For lack of anything more to write, I though I'd bore you with the news that I got myself a pair of Olympic mitts. Here's the PROOF.

MemberMember
(@zucchini007)

Posted : 02/19/2010 4:02 pm

so what happened with the cops? you left out the ending, what a cliffhanger. your grandma sounds like too much fun.

MemberMember
(@prettyspotty)

Posted : 02/19/2010 4:14 pm

Not Jim and Pam....That dream would have left me pissed off also..I remember when Jim was with Karen and I almost cried every episode...Oh in your dream was karen still pregnant with her baby or was her baby born and watching them?..........Gross no more bad Jim and Pam dreams ok, my heart cant take it! Anywho as far as the dry skin..I have found that unrefined shea butter is kick ass for the whole body, hair and face included it does not clog pores and it makes everything feel soft and look less flakey! You have to order it online, I got mine on amazon, just search unrefined shea butter, you get like 2 pounds or something crazy for like $5 plus shipping so like $11 total. You should really look into it.

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 02/19/2010 5:14 pm

@missmooshoo: the cops let us off with a warning, there was just much tension for the better part of fifteen minutes. Yeah, my Oma's crazy, but she makes damn good jam!

@prettyspotty: In my dream, I don't think Karen ever got married to that other guy. I remember being so pissed off at her character in the third season, even though nothing she really did made me hate her, I just hated her because she was with Jim. And I'll check into that shea butter thing, thanks.

MemberMember
(@aerithstrife)

Posted : 02/20/2010 3:32 am

Best gloves ever! I have my pair, I wear them all the time. I was out clubbing tonight and the bouncer at one of the clubs said he loved them and that they are selling twice the price on ebay.

I use Joboba oil and love it. You can find it in most health food stores and it's pretty cheap. 20$ for a large amount that will last you forever.

MemberMember
(@fashionjunkie231)

Posted : 02/20/2010 3:48 pm

If you're having problems with a cakey makeup, you can try using liquid foundation, or a silicone based primer underneath. I moisturize, put sunscreen and let dry. Then put primer and let dry. Then my powder foundation. It tends to go on much smoother.

Goodluck! I can't wait for 5 months to be over!

MemberMember
(@jerichoa)

Posted : 02/21/2010 12:50 pm

DAY NINE:

I'm positive that my skin is looking better. Less spotty, I'd say.

Over the past week, my dreams have gotten progressively odder and feel more realistic than reality does sometimes. Here's an except of my dream last night (and by the way, it has to do with the TV show œThe Office, so if you don't watch it, you're apt to be confused):

So, it was found out that Jim was cheating on Pam with his ex, Karen, like right before Pam's supposed to give birth to their child. And the scenes in which he cheats were graphic, to say the least. Like, slightly perturbing that my imagination would even come up with that. So I was watching this episode with my family and I remember thinking œWhy would they put this plotline in there? Pam and Jim are soulmates! and then I took a shower and was STILL upset over this horrid turn of events in The Office and I was kicking the shower walls because I was so upset.

WEIRD. Very weird.

The accutane aches and pains have started. Oh, and how they have started. It's one thing to read about them and another to experience them first-hand. I went to kickboxing with my cousin last night while I'm still at home and I thought I was seriously going to die afterwards. I just ended up laying in the backseat of her car for fifteen minutes afterwards, praying for someone to do the humane thing and shoot me to put me out of my misery. And when I bend over and then get a little too overzealous when I straighten up, my back spazzes out, like my muscles clumped up into a big knot and are frantically trying to sort themselves out.

Also, my skin is getting progressively and progressively dryer. It's to the point of where foundation is hard to wear without caking and flaking, which is not good. I heard that jojoba oil is good with dryness. Does anyone else have an opinion about this before I go out and buy some?

Oh yes, and also “ my personal favourite “ bloody boogers. Not nosebleeds, just boogers. Tonnes and tonnes of boogers. I think that within a day, I pick out a pound worth from each nostril. When I pinch my nose together, it feels like there's crystallized sugar candy up there.

Due to the remote fact that anyone on here remembers that I had to clean out my Oma's nuclear holocaust provisions in her cold room the other day, there's a second part to add to that story: So, after hauling an entire grocery store worth of odd items out of her basement, me and my brother had to transport them all to my Oma's new house. So, of course, my brother was speeding because he thinks it'll make all the chicks want him, and there was a ghost car on the side of the highway, and we were pulled over. THAT'S when I remembered that there were several unidentifiable baggies filled with suspicious green plants ALL OVER THE CAR. And the cops took a look in the back of the car when and saw all the junk we were hauling. And they came across a certain baggie that was the marijuana-ist looking of them all, with some crazy german writing on the front so you couldn't tell what it was anyways. It doesn't help that me and my brother have had a few “ ahem “ run-ins with the cops in our teenage years (deciding to climb up on the roof of a restaurant in the middle of the night and stealing grocery carts are just a few examples.) So that was fun.

For lack of anything more to write, I though I'd bore you with the news that I got myself a pair of Olympic mitts. Here's the PROOF.

AAAHHHH!!!! I think I forgot to write about that in my blog. Around days 7-9, I was having VIVID and BIZARRE dreams. In one, my current boyfriend decided he thought one of my ex boyfriends had cool hair (he doesn't, it's awful, he's awful, hence his ex-ness) and started styling his hair like that. The agony and gloom I felt was REAL. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The police thing is funny! HEHE! I'm glad you're ok. :)

By the way, you're super-beautiful. I love your eyes and your eyebrows, and your mitts... <3

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 02/21/2010 6:32 pm

@missmooshoo: you're too funny. And how could you not want some crocheted berets?

@fashionjunkie: thanks for the makeup suggestions. I shall look into those. Just not today.

@jerichoa: THANK YOU. :D

DAY ELEVEN:

I have deemed that the strangest word in the English language is ‚Å“Taxidermy.‚ What the hell? It doesn't even remotely sound like the stuffing of animals. Sounds more like a taxi service/dermatologist office combo. Alternatively, ‚Å“Gore-tex‚ is the grossest-sounding word and ‚Å“Schematics‚ is the most fun to say. Why am I writing about this, you ask? Well, I'm on the bus (well, in a coffee shop where the bus stopped for a ‚Å“layover‚ and there just happens to be free wi-fi here) going back to the rainy, gloomy, doomy city in which I attend post-secondary shenanigans and am trying to distract myself from wallowing in a fit of depression that's apt to hit around bedtime. I think that, just for shits, I should start a poll on here asking ‚Å“In your opinion, what is the strangest word in the English language?‚

Also, is it just me, or is Robert Pattison fuck-ugly? I'm looking at a magazine right now, and that man does NOT have a

PROFILE.

On the flip side, my skin is remarkably better. Sample it

YOURSELF. (I really have to stop making such impressed faces in these pictures.) Very nice, compared to the tortured minefield it was when I came home at the beginning of the week.

What happened yesterday? Oh yes, I went skiing with three of my brothers and aside from the wipeouts, getting stuck in a snowbank for fifteen minutes and managing to shut down the entire lift, it was fun. Although, from all that snow and sun blinding me all day, my face was rather red afterwards. I'm assuming this is from accutane and lack of sunscreen. Fortunately, the redness went away and made me think that now is the time to invest in some good old spf.

So, POLL TIME! What do you think the strangest word in the English language is?

Or the funnest to say?

Or the ugliest?

Or the prettiest?

Or anything in between?

MemberMember
(@fashionjunkie231)

Posted : 02/21/2010 8:21 pm

I have deemed that the strangest word in the English language is œTaxidermy. What the hell? It doesn't even remotely sound like the stuffing of animals. Sounds more like a taxi service/dermatologist office combo.

Everytime i hear "taxidermy" i think of Dwight from the office wanting to stuff Angela's dead cat. :)

I don't think robert pattinson is attractive anymore. As he's aged this past year, he seems to have gotten a wider face along the way. Is it just me? In Twilight, he was cute, well groomed. Now, it's like his face has been flattened out and he doesn't take care of himself well.

Glad you're making progress!

MemberMember
(@prettyspotty)

Posted : 02/21/2010 8:54 pm

Oh no you di-int biotch..(slaps your face) well maybe not your face because we sorta have a rule here in this acne club not to touch each others faces..Anyway yea I agree with the smack talk, how come no one on here if fighting? It needs a bit more spice!

MemberMember
(@prettyspotty)

Posted : 02/21/2010 8:56 pm

Oh and LEAVE EDWARD ALOOOONE!

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 02/21/2010 9:42 pm

But Edward is so clearly a flat-faced, homosexual excuse for a creature of the night.

MemberMember
(@keepsmilingthrough)

Posted : 02/21/2010 10:00 pm

I agree. Robert Pattinson is one of the ugliest "heart throbs" on this current earth.

I love the word "Recalcitrant" I use it to confuse people. Its amazing how many blockheads in this world don't learn real words anymore.

Another favorite is the word "droll" this word is amazing and fun to say. Though it also sounds very odd. Kind of like "troll".

Your skin is looking amazing! Yayy!

MemberMember
(@jerichoa)

Posted : 02/21/2010 10:24 pm

My post never posted. I attempted to post it hours ago. Now I'm sad. :(

I must say that I envy your dry skin. However, you can keep your run in with the cops all for yourself! You never did finish the story though... I'm assuming you're not in jail because you posted, but who knows? O_O

Also, I think that you're super-beautiful. GOSH! I love your eyebrows. I didn't even notice the mits. XD <3

EDIT/EPIC FAIL

Actually, it DID post. Acne.org just really, really hates me, and does weird stuff like this to me all of the time. So, here you go, basically the same things I said before. :D

[[You're Welcome!]]

MemberMember
(@fashionjunkie231)

Posted : 02/21/2010 10:27 pm

You're in love with edward, not robert pattinson. He's much cuter as Edward, when they shave him and contour his face so he looks more chiseled.