Notifications
Clear all

Wedding Day Count Down - Accutane Do Your Stuff!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 12/29/2009 11:46 am

Day 28

Hey Everyone!

I hope your all having a wonderful holiday season!

I forgot to post pics and updates for my third week so I thought I would get on that! I finish my fourth week as of Thursday and increase my dose again to 40 mg! I feel like an idiot but I'm pretty excited to start the higher dose. Although I have seen changes in my skin it's nothing I feel is really that big of a change. I'm still getting actives probably a new one every few days and they get BIG!!! I mean they develop really fast and get really big and they're different then they used to be I feel like they are more painful but also more on the surface.

It sounds nuts but it feels like all new actives are being pushed out of my skin rather than kind of just sitting in my pores and refusing to come out lol. It's actaully kind of nice because the turn over is much quicker than before. It would just be nice to not get actives at all :D All in due time lol

So Update! So far side effects have been the same, Dry skin on my face, dry scalp, dry eyes in the morning, dry lips, dry nose ALL THE TIME! even my ears are dry! lol I also haver an EXTREMELY sore lower back, and I'm super tired! But that could be the lack of sleep and coming back to work :)

But I'm keeping up the moisturizing and my Blistex is now my best friend I have four of them spread out between my house, my fiance's house work and my car :D So I'm always covered...literally :D

The other thing I've started to notice is the pill having it's effects on me :P Even my fiance has made note that I'm much "shorter" and less patient when on the pill and definatly starting to effect me :P I'm hoping that now that I'm noticed it I can kind of reign it in and not be too short with ppl. It doesn't help that everything has shut down for the holidays and all I can think is "I'm loosing precious wedding planning time" lol But I'll start again Monday :D

I started house hunting with my fiance this weekend too and boy what a mess! He grew up in the country and wants a big house in the middle of a field somewhere .... and well I'm a city girl who has always lived in suburbia, and as much as I wouldn't mind a little space I don't want to be isolated in a field somewhere lol We're both compromising and it will be awesome when we finally find a place :) hopefully we both don't loose too much hair before that happens lol.

I put together my pics from today (Day 31) and from my start day (Dec 3) and I can definatly see a difference in my skin. I think it's much better hydrated and the red spots have decreased but I still have a lot of scars to contend with :P Any helpful hints on making them disappear sooner? I've tried olive oil on the spots before bed but it makes my face kind of itchy :P

But overall not to shabby :) I hope 40 mg doesn't give me an IB :P fingers are crossed :D

Have a happy new year everyone!

New Pics on thursday!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/01/2010 5:37 pm

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope you all had an awesome time and that you all have an incredible 2010 :D

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/04/2010 2:00 pm

Day 32 - Yay one month down!

Hello everyone! Update time :)

So I've been on 40 mg now for 4 days and I'm pretty much doing the same. I've noticed a lot more break outs happening and I assume this is my new IB. I have at least three cysts on the growing path right now and a LOT of blackheads that seem to be popping up out of no where. I even had a whitehead come up on the side of my nose! I've never ever had anything come up on my nose before so this was weird and kind of painful to have such a large active in a small area.

My skin has been very stable in it's dryness, so very dry :) but nothing I can't manage I find I'm fine all day but by arround diner time I find my skin actually begins to flake so I usually try to go right after work and take my makeup off and moisturize. It helps a bit but generally keeps me constant.

My lips are also very dry still, along with my scalp but again same old...

The only thing that I've found has changed is my joint pain and headaches. The lower back pain I've been getting has really REALLY sucked! It's the kind that goes really really deep into the muscle and no amount of stretching helps! I've also been getting soreness in my ankle and hip joints :P I'm really hoping this will clear up after the accutane.

On an off note.... on New Years Eve I was at a party and one of my fiance's friends asked me if I was on Accutane because I wasn't drinking. When I told him I was he told me I should get off of it immediately and that it has ruined all his joints for life. I kind of just smiled and thanked himf or his concern but man did that suck! Ugh he's convinced that his shoulders and Knees will never be the same because he was on Accutane for a few months when he was 18.

As much as that's nice to know, I'm almost 25 a girl and getting married! I've had enough! So I say bring on the joint pain :P ..... of course I didn't tell himt his lol but now I kind of wish I had. I'm not naive I know there are some negative stories out there but it sucks when it jumps up and surprises you like that :P

Oh well I hope everyone had a good holiday season!

mich :)

MemberMember
(@mallory)

Posted : 01/04/2010 4:24 pm

Not sure if you have a problem with your blackheads or not, but mine pretty much disappeared right around my 30th day or so, too, if I remember right. So yay! Maybe the 40mg is really pushing them all out. People are sooo strange about giving their insight on medications. Anyway, I hope your new breakouts clear up soon! Glad you're staying positive despite the negativity from bad joint guy. ;)

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/06/2010 10:41 am

Day 34

I am getting actives in the strangest places! That sounds weird lol

But really!!! this morning I realized I just had one pop up on the side of my neck. I thought I had a swollen lymph node behind my ear but it turns out to be a HUGE white head too! and there's one behind the other ear starting to form too! And I mean like right in the crook where my hear meets my head.... so weird!

Than I was painting up my face (as I do every morning :)) And I noticed a small spot coming out on my eye lid! It's not a white head like the others but it's still a teany little red spot right smack dab in the middle of my eye lid.... all I can say is thank god for eyeshadow and mascara for hiding that sucker :P

I feel kind of gross about these and a little out of place! I mean I've read a lot of logs but I haven't read anything yet about breaking out ... literally... everywhere! Any thoughs?

I see my derm a week today so I'm saving up the questions to see what he thinks but I swear I can already hear his dismissal in my head lol

Hope everyone is doing great!

Mallory - I bet the blackheads are just popping now bc of the dose increase. It isn't very noticeable unless I'm at my fiance's house and he has this aweful lighting that doesn't lie and shows every detail lol. I like my place so much better :) I'm hoping they'll start to push out soon though. :) And negative joint pain guy... totally out of my head :) I'm going to just focus on what I know and can do about right now :D thx for the support !!

MemberMember
(@skinzzz)

Posted : 01/06/2010 1:23 pm

Hey! I have been experiencing breakouts in weird places; behind my ear (very painful) and in my eyebrow which made my browbone (is that a word? lol) look deformed because it was so big! So yeah, I can relate!

Good luck, looking forward to reading your updates! :)

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/07/2010 10:39 am

Day 35 - Week 5 :)

No big updates. Still have the weird pimples behind my ears and one on my neck and eye. I think the one's behind my ears might actually be an allergic reaction to the earings my Fiance got me for Christmas :P I hope not because I would feel awful to have to tell him that I can't wear them anymore! I'm leaving all earings out of my ears for a few days to see what happens and if the spots go down.

Otherwise symptoms are the same. Some pain in my hips and knees last night during kickboxing class, and a major headache this morning. I used a biore strip to try and clear some black heads off my nose last night and my nose stayed bright red until this morning lol Thank god for foundation is all I have to say lol.

skinzzz - pretty sure browbone is a word :) ugh these spots are sooo annoying because they don't seem to want to heal like the others do! Do you have any problems with yours sticking arround FOREVER lol

I think from last week to this week I've had more of an IB but we'll see it's hard to tell week by week I'll compare again in another month and hopefully I'll see some big improvements!

Have a good day everyone :D

MemberMember
(@skinzzz)

Posted : 01/07/2010 1:21 pm

Yes healing in general has really slowed down for me so everything tends to hang around much longer than before, which kind of sucks.

I can see an improvement on your cheeks in the latest pic compared to the earlier one for sure!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/11/2010 10:02 am

Day 39

Ok so I've read this before on another log but it's still gross. I have this rash on the backs of my hands. It feels like a lot of little scabs about the size of a pimple head. But it's mostly not visible... thank god! It keeps getting better and worse throughout the day so I don't know what it is but I assume it's accutane related.

I had a mini break down last night and had a pretty good cry on my fiance's shoulder :( My face just hurt! and it was kind of a breaking point after weeks of being good about all this. Ugh it's annoying that it got to me because I know my skin has to get worse and than get better. But my face really hurt! The skin arround my eyes is very rough and dry and sensitive as if I got Benzoyl Peroxide too close to it, and my face was peeling so badly last night that where the skin was actually coming of it was red and sore like it was going to bleed!

I haven't changed my routine at all so I don't know why the sudden boom of crazy ass dry skin! I ended up using a different moisturizer last night because it was so bad and it seemed to help a bit. it was this Vaseline Intensive Repair cream that my Laser doctor recommended last year when I was having the snot kicked out of my skin with laser treatments :) my skin was really dry then too and it got soo bad a day before my bday that my doc suggestedt his stuff. It's thick like wall spackle and oily and gross feeling but it worked!

So now i'm waiting to see how everything feels tonight. I have my first appointment with my derm on wed and I'll have to see what he has to say about all of this.

Any advice on the hand rash or super dry eye skin??? I'm feeling kind of ick and hope that things look up soon :P

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/11/2010 10:21 am

Any advice on the hand rash or super dry eye skin??? I'm feeling kind of ick and hope that things look up soon 😛

As for the hand rash, you can probably pick up a hydro-cortisone cream at the store. That should help with inflammation/itching.

Super dry eye skin:

At night (or during the day if you feel like it), put on your normal moisturizer (the new stuff, if you prefer). Then once that has soaked in, layer on TOP of that, either Aquaphor or Vaseline. Both of these products act as a barrier that not only moisturizes, but LOCKS IN moisture. Put it on thick! It will feel super gross, but it works so well. I would sleep with a towel on your pillow if I were you.

You can use that all over your face, btw.

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/11/2010 1:28 pm

Any advice on the hand rash or super dry eye skin??? I'm feeling kind of ick and hope that things look up soon 😛

As for the hand rash, you can probably pick up a hydro-cortisone cream at the store. That should help with inflammation/itching.

Super dry eye skin:

At night (or during the day if you feel like it), put on your normal moisturizer (the new stuff, if you prefer). Then once that has soaked in, layer on TOP of that, either Aquaphor or Vaseline. Both of these products act as a barrier that not only moisturizes, but LOCKS IN moisture. Put it on thick! It will feel super gross, but it works so well. I would sleep with a towel on your pillow if I were you.

Thanks so much! I've heard of Aquaphor alot but haven't been able to find it yet but I'm really going to go and hunt it down now. Vaseline kind of freaks me out and I feel like it will clog my pores but it's just a stupid mental thing I'm sure.

I'll try the cortisone for hte hands too. I feel like the rash gets better when I moisturize but it's back about five min later lol so unless I moisturize constantly I don't think it will go away. It's not too bothersome though since you can't see it.

Thanks for the advice!

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/11/2010 2:16 pm

Super dry eye skin:

Thanks so much! I've heard of Aquaphor alot but haven't been able to find it yet but I'm really going to go and hunt it down now. Vaseline kind of freaks me out and I feel like it will clog my pores but it's just a stupid mental thing I'm sure.

I'll try the cortisone for hte hands too. I feel like the rash gets better when I moisturize but it's back about five min later lol so unless I moisturize constantly I don't think it will go away. It's not too bothersome though since you can't see it.

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, products like Cortaid are made specifically for rashes, eczema, the like.

As for Vaseline, the only ingredient is petrolatum, which is molecularly too large to clog your pores. Topical application of petrolatum can help the skins outer layer recover from damage, reduce inflammation, and generally heal the skin (Source: Acta Dermato-Venereologica, NovemberDecember 2000, pages 412415).

What can happen, however, (this is my theory, anyway, as I have noticed an increase in blocked pores after long term use of Aquaphor) is that it blocks your skin's oil from exiting the the pore easily. Leading to a bit of a backup. So if you have super oily skin to begin with (like me), then you might get some blocked pores as a result. But, it does work wonders with dry/damaged skin. Aquaphor is basically Vaseline on steroids. It's petrolatum with other moisturizing ingredients, so it is more nourishing than just plain old Vaseline.

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/11/2010 4:35 pm

WOW!!!

I think that's the best response I've ever heard :D I love when the science is there to back it up and make it all interesting. I explain stuff like that to my friends all the time and they think I'm nuts but I LOVE it lol

I'll definatly give the Aquaphor a try tonight. My skin doesnt' seem to be producing much oil anymore which is probably why it's gotten so dry. So I hope there's no real back up.

Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/12/2010 9:25 am

WOW!!!

I think that's the best response I've ever heard 😀 I love when the science is there to back it up and make it all interesting. I explain stuff like that to my friends all the time and they think I'm nuts but I LOVE it lol

I'll definatly give the Aquaphor a try tonight. My skin doesnt' seem to be producing much oil anymore which is probably why it's gotten so dry. So I hope there's no real back up.

Thanks again!

No problem! Seriously, Aquaphor pretty much saved my life on multiple occasions when various treatments caused my face to peel and crack from dryness. I have a huge tub of it on my nightstand and a tube of it in my purse.

It is also great for lips. One of my favorite tricks is to take my favorite mineral blush (Evening Out by Everyday Minerals, for the curious), and add a sprinkle of it to a dab of Aquaphor, and use that as my lip color. Intense color + hydration = win! I've gotten so many compliments on my "lipstick" when I do that. And it's so freaking cheap.

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/12/2010 9:55 am

Hey!

It sounds like exactly what I need! I tried three different stores to find it last night but it doesn't seem to be available in Canada :P Lucky for me I'm heading down to Fort Lauderdale on Friday so I'll just make sure I pick up a six month supply while I'm there :D

The lip color idea is BRILLIANT! I love doing thing like that. I get bored with things like lipgloss and lipstick fast so it's nice to have something that you can customize and change up whenever you like! Plus I don't think I've worn lip color of any kind in 6 weeks bc I'm afraid it will get caked into the cracks in my lips, but this is the perfect solution!

The rash on my hands doesn't seem to be responding to the cortisol cream I used yesterday but I'll give it some time and see what my derm has to say tomorrow moring. Honestly it's not the worst thing. The spot on my eyelid is the worst, and not because it's ugly but bc it's sooo weird! I mean are there even pores in an eyelid ? I didn't think so but somehow I have a big ol red spot there... leave it to me to accomplish the impossible :D lol ugh

Thank you so much again! You have been an awesome help!

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/12/2010 10:03 am

Hey!

It sounds like exactly what I need! I tried three different stores to find it last night but it doesn't seem to be available in Canada 😛 Lucky for me I'm heading down to Fort Lauderdale on Friday so I'll just make sure I pick up a six month supply while I'm there 😀

The lip color idea is BRILLIANT! I love doing thing like that. I get bored with things like lipgloss and lipstick fast so it's nice to have something that you can customize and change up whenever you like! Plus I don't think I've worn lip color of any kind in 6 weeks bc I'm afraid it will get caked into the cracks in my lips, but this is the perfect solution!

The rash on my hands doesn't seem to be responding to the cortisol cream I used yesterday but I'll give it some time and see what my derm has to say tomorrow moring. Honestly it's not the worst thing. The spot on my eyelid is the worst, and not because it's ugly but bc it's sooo weird! I mean are there even pores in an eyelid ? I didn't think so but somehow I have a big ol red spot there... leave it to me to accomplish the impossible 😀 lol ugh

Thank you so much again! You have been an awesome help!

Yeah, I would let the cream do its thing for a few days.

As for Aquaphor, I wouldn't get more than two or three tubs, personally. That stuff lasts forever. But it's your call on how much to get! Depends on how much and how often you plan on using it. The tub I have has lasted me over a year, but I don't use it every day...I would say frequently, though, and I do use a lot.

And if you still have problems getting it, Vaseline works as well. Aquaphor is just slightly less greasy feeling, IMHO.

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/13/2010 10:30 am

Day 41

So I've been using the Vaseline intensive repair cream and it's doing wonders! I mean I'm still rough arround the eyes a bit but the peeling is at least decreased enough that it doesn't hurt so much.

My lips are a bit more chapped today and I have an awfull habbit of chewing my lips when they're dry so they're a little raw too... grr must stop! But nothing unbearable :)

My back pain is bad enough today though that I've resorted to a night light muscle relaxant, I swear I couldn't sit for more than five min this morning without intense pain,ugh. But I see my derm this afternoon and I'll see what he has to say about it.

Otherwise the hand rash is still there but only on one hand and it feels like it's drying up. And the spot on my eyelid is still hanging in there too but again it feels less sore and hard today. It may even be, (fingers crossed) a bit smaller!

I'm hoping my derm will have some good words of wisdom and not so much more percriptions for stuff to handle this stuff. I know he recommended Predisone in the past if my breakouts get back but I feel like I shouldn't try to stop it but rather accept it and get it over with!

Honey - thx for the advice about the aquaphor, I'll probably only pic up a tub to start to see how I like it. I work alot in the states and I'm there pretty often so I think if I need it I'll have easy access for the next few months. Thx and congrats on starting your accutane!

That's all for now ! Pics will go up tomorrow!

Take care everyone!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/14/2010 2:08 pm

Day 42 (6 weeks done!)

Hey So quick update...

I saw my derm yesterday and he said my progress is slow but good (urg) And that I shouldn't see real results until I had been on the 40 mg for 6 weeks. It's been 2 :P I'm kind of hoping my body goes "Surprise" all better lol. Probably not the most realistic thing to hope for :P

Turns out that the rash on my hand is only ezeema and my derm gave me cortisone for it. And the spot on my eye... well he said that sucks but it can happen nothing to worry about ... so no really go answer just ... deal with it lol

Back pain has been particularly bad since yesterday and it's really starting to annoy me but I think I'll try taking glucosamine like headtrip_honey mentioned in her post about avoiding joint pain. (Thx for that :D)

hope everyone else is doing great!

Pics! ---->

The lighting in the shots is remarkably good so my skin tone looks nice but obviously it's a lot more red when I see it myself in person. The think I noticed last night getting out of the shower is that although my overall skin tone is better, if you run your fingers over my cheeks I can feel a lot of bumps. Almost as if all the pores are pushing hard gross clogging stuff out of them! My nose feels that way too, as if all the little black heads are getting harder and being pushed out milimeter by milimeter. It feels cool but gross too ... mmm I'd rather the little buggers get the hell out of there and be gross for the time being :)

take care!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/17/2010 9:36 pm

Day 45

Florida Rules! 25 degrees celsius is so much better thqan -20 :D But the humidity here makes my skin feel like it's oily.... I guess it's just sweaty?? meh I'm DEFINATELY in the middle of my IB from increasing my dose. I am covered with tons of tiny red bumps, all blackhead like clogged pores coming to the surface. The problem is once they get to the surface they are more than happy to just camp the hell out and not go away!

I finally caved and squeezed a couple tonight... I know I suck, I've been so good with self control and I just gave in, it's like a crazy little addiction :P

Oh well, I'll tell you what is not fun... driving for 16 hrs in one day in a teany little Honda CRV and not being able to stretch... WHILE you have back pain that and sore hip joints from accutane... MEANING no amount of Tylenol or Advil will make it better ugh definately not looking forward to the ride home... maybe I'll just set up shop here until the summer lol.

OOHHHHH !!! I did find Aquaphor finally! Good ol' mother nature decided to surprise me a week early right in the middle of my drive through North Carolina :P It's so my luck. So I stopped at a pharmacy and was thrilled to find it! HOLY CRAP that stuff is thick! It was really difficult to get a good old layer on my face before bed lol Then I had to figure out how to keep it on! So I spent most of hte night on my back which is really my least favorite sleeping position :P

Oh well it worked amazing! in one night my skin all of a sudden felt like it had never been dry before in my life! It seems to be helping my lips too, which is great since they seem to have taken a turn for the worse. But the aquaphor seems to work until it wears off so I just make sure I have it on me every min of the day :)

Anyone have any idea of salt water reacts to accutane-skin??? I'm planning a day of boogey boarding tomorrow but I'm afraid the salt will leech the moisture right out of my face... anythoughts???

Thanks! Cheers everyone!

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/18/2010 8:44 am

Day 45

Florida Rules! 25 degrees celsius is so much better thqan -20 😀 But the humidity here makes my skin feel like it's oily.... I guess it's just sweaty?? meh I'm DEFINATELY in the middle of my IB from increasing my dose. I am covered with tons of tiny red bumps, all blackhead like clogged pores coming to the surface. The problem is once they get to the surface they are more than happy to just camp the hell out and not go away!

Welcome to my hell. I hate humidity. Sadly, I live in a very humid area. Not quite as bad as Florida, but still....it does make you feel nasty and greasy all over.

I finally caved and squeezed a couple tonight... I know I suck, I've been so good with self control and I just gave in, it's like a crazy little addiction 😛

Man, this is my biggest problem. I am a sucker for squeezing out blackheads in particular.

Oh well, I'll tell you what is not fun... driving for 16 hrs in one day in a teany little Honda CRV and not being able to stretch... WHILE you have back pain that and sore hip joints from accutane... MEANING no amount of Tylenol or Advil will make it better ugh definately not looking forward to the ride home... maybe I'll just set up shop here until the summer lol.

My joints ache in sympathetic pain for you. My boyfriend's family lives around Boston, which is about a 6-8 hour drive from where we live. Even that is torture for me normally. I can't imagine a 16 hour drive on 'tane.

OOHHHHH !!! I did find Aquaphor finally! Good ol' mother nature decided to surprise me a week early right in the middle of my drive through North Carolina 😛 It's so my luck. So I stopped at a pharmacy and was thrilled to find it! HOLY CRAP that stuff is thick! It was really difficult to get a good old layer on my face before bed lol Then I had to figure out how to keep it on! So I spent most of hte night on my back which is really my least favorite sleeping position 😛

Oh well it worked amazing! in one night my skin all of a sudden felt like it had never been dry before in my life! It seems to be helping my lips too, which is great since they seem to have taken a turn for the worse. But the aquaphor seems to work until it wears off so I just make sure I have it on me every min of the day 🙂

Best advice: Sleep with a towel on your pillow, and then you can flop around however you want. I usually pull back my hair as well, but that's because I wash my hair at night, and don't like waking up with Aquaphor in my freshly cleaned hair. I've honestly stopped putting a towel on my pillow, mainly because I like the smoothness of a pillowcase. I just wash it more often now.

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/21/2010 3:01 pm

Day 49 (7 Weeks!!!)

Update :)

No actives as of this morning. BUT I can feel a whole bunch of big and medium bumps under the surface of my skin around my lower cheeks and chin. I know they'll rear their ugly heads eventually but for now I'm happy. I need to start working on my scaring though. My red dots are pretty intense right now and there are so many of them! Any good suggestions for clearing up scars quickly? I've tried olive oil at night but it feels awful and doesn't really stay on.

I've had very little side effects since getting to Florida. My skin dryness is much better, probably bc of the humidity and the discovery of aquaphor on the drive down :) My lips are still stupidly dry but I've got my carmex stocked up to combat it!

No serious joint or back pain and I've been running about 5 Km per day so I'm thrilled. The drive home may not be too bad I hope. I think majority of the pain was due to that time of the month and thats all through :)

Lastly , the ezeema on my hands cleared up almost as soon as I got to the warmer climates... unfortunatley I was stung by a jelly fish yesterday and my newly healed hand is now covered with welts and sting marks.... ow. At least it doesn't hurt too badly just a little sore and really really ugly looking. oh well at least it's my right hand :) I like my left to look nice for the times I get to show off my ring :D

Headtrip - Ya I've given up on the towel on the pillow thing, it just leaves a terry cloth impression on my face which is very ugly in the morning :P Otherwise the blackhead squeezing is so far under control again :) For now :P But ya it's definatley a huge weakness of mine and the way my skin is healing right now I can't afford to pick or squeeze bc it leaves a mark for a week!

I hate the stickiness of my skin with sunscreen here but it's a small price to pay for the sun and sand!

hope your journey is going well! :) Pics when I get home!

MemberMember
(@mallory)

Posted : 01/22/2010 4:56 pm

Hey! Glad to hear things are going fairly well for you! Did you have sensitivity to sun at all? I think I'll be vacationing soon, so I want to make sure I'm prepared. I hardly ever burn in the sun, but who knows with the medicine! Anyway, have a safe trip home! Oh, and I thought it was hilarious that you were "glad" you were stung on your right hang instead of your left so your ring hand is still in tact, Ha!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/25/2010 3:43 pm

Day 53

:(

I think my skin is rejecting Canada. I got home last night and I swear the closer we got to home while driving the worst my skin got! Just last Friday I was telling my fiance that my skin was looking great and I was so happy I had no actives... well I guess I jinxed myself

Saturday when I got up I had two new cysts and a couple more actives that were on the way. AND my entire face looks like it's peeling off.

By Sunday morning my skin was so peely I couldn't even put makeup on and that was after a night of having a thick layer of Aquaphor on my face. On top of that I had about six new actives on my face and a huge one on my back that looks like a new boob! ugh.... I look so gross but at least I don't have to be in a bathing suit again for awhile.

The skin also decided to have a bit of an allergic reaction to my jelly fish sting and my hand is all gross and covered in welts that won't go away. I swear it has to be the Accutane bc my fiances stings were gone the next day!

This morning after another night of some extreme layers of Aquaphor (I even put it on when I woke up in the middle of the night for added force lol) I'm still peeling all over but a little less than before. The actives aren't quite as painful and they are deflating a little.

I've been on 40 mg now for 3 and a half weeks. Can this reallys till be an IB? I'm hoping it keeps getting better.

Here are the pics with comparisons from last thursday before all hell broke loose and took up residence on my face :P

Mallory - thx for the msg :) I didn't have a problem with the sun on my face but I wore spf 50 and wore a hat and super large glasses. My body on the other hand was a different story. I never burn bc I have such an olive complexion BUT I did get very dark brownish red on my arms and on my chest (I didn't wear lotion here) and even though I was only in the sun for like a day I'm now still red and kind of peeling like I had burned. It doesn't hurt but it looks like sun over exposure for sure. So I'd recommend wearing lotion all over!

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 01/26/2010 8:32 am

If the peeling continues, I would recommend layering regular moisturizer under the Aquaphor (if you don't do that already).

But otherwise, I can still see overall progress, even though you took a little step back recently. Your left (? I think?) side looks fantastic!

MemberMember
(@michellemac)

Posted : 01/28/2010 11:23 am

Day 56 - 8 Weeks!!!

Hello Everyone,

So not a ton of good news to speak of...

My lips are much more dry than they've ever been and starting to crack at the sides. That seems to be the place I peel the most on my face too. I'm thinking maybe I'm not getting enough moisturizer near my mouth and thats why I'm so dry there. So I'm trying to fix that

My forearms have broken out in a rash that looks like ezeema. It's the same as what was on my hands before I went to Florida. My hands still have jelly fish welts on them which I think is ridiculous... stupid f-ing fish :P But at least they don't have an ezeema rash :) lol I guess there's a silver lining to everything.

My face is the same Monday, I have three major cysts brewing under the surface of the skin that are painful but luckily not that visable...Yet. And I have three actives left from the breakout that shouldn't take too long to go away once they break.

Otherwise, my hip joints are sore but my back is better. And my dry skin isn't peeling so badly ...

Honey - Thanks for the advice about the moisturizer under the Aquaphor that really seemed to do the trick! I'm only peeling at the sides of my mouth now :P For some reason one side of my face seems to be doing pretty good and the other is trying to compensate by being an asswhole lol I've read some things about the side you sleep on most always being the worst so I'm going to try to change up my sleeping patterns and see if that helps at all.

I'm off to California this weekend for four days so I'm hoping the temp and humidity will help my skin out of it's funk :P It seems to crave the warm climates lol silly Canadian winter :P

Hope everyone's doing well...

Pic updates! I included last weeks too so you can see the difference in just one week :P

post-116297-1264695700_thumb.jpg

post-116297-1264695700_thumb.jpg