Notifications
Clear all

The Log and Times of the River City Ranger (Returns to Spectravision!!!)*NEW PIC 5/30*

MemberMember
(@a-turtle)

Posted : 08/26/2007 4:16 pm

I really admire your attitude. It makes me wish I didn't let my now completely trivialized superficial hangups get to me as much as they do. I think that a lot of people on here can learn from your example.

That being said, and i'm sure your doctor has probably mentioned it as well, but I was warned that for the first few weeks your acne will get worse on accutane. It was true for me as well but my case wasn't quite like yours so who knows. I just wanted to let you know incase you get discouraged, but I kind of doubt you'd let that discourage you given your attitude

Anyway best of luck and you've made a reader out of me. I hope it gives you good results.

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/27/2007 3:59 pm

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

That is what all the muscles in my body have been telling me the last couple days. On Saturday I decided it was time to get back in shape so i mosied on down to the Rec Center, and played 6 straight games of fullcourt basketball. Now afterwards i was dead tired, but that was the worst of it. Now i went back to my room and went along my merry way the rest of the day with little more than slight soreness that would be expected from vigorous exericise for the first time in a while. However when i woke up the next day it felt like I had been in a rock tumbler except my skin wasn't pretty and smooth. My whole body ached to the point where i could hardly get out of bed, and when i couldnt get out of bed, I couldn't get my cinnamon toast crunch, and when i cant get crunchitized by the captain, I get really really angry, and you would only sort of like me when i'm angry! Do yall think that it was a Tane symptom?

As for my acne its been decently improving trading lots of small painful cysts for fewer larger but less visible painful cysts. I can open my mouth all the way now so thats nice.

Anyways I'll let you get back to your busy lives, and thanks for taking the time to check into mine. Laters.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/27/2007 9:43 pm

Just popping in to see what's going on in the Accutane Log forum, and what did I find? This little gem of inspiration!

Thank you for sharing your story, and for your uplifting attitude. I'm sure it not only benefits yourself, but those of us who are reading your log.

I'll have to pop in this area more often. :)

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/28/2007 11:35 pm

Good lord my face feels like i have burning coals beneath my skin, but I'm starting to look a lot better. I'm not sure if thats exactly an excellent trade off, but I'm perfectly willing to see it out for the full five months.

It's interesting how much more effective i am at quelling pain now than i had been in my younger years (aka when i was pretty). Before i would wail and dance around in agony at a splinter. These days I am able to disappate almost any pain at least temporarily by taking a deep breath and concentrating on a soothing mental image (aka me when i was pretty jk .... but seriously that thing that you always felt that you were missing yeah that was me, but sorry your too late I have that cruel, not flighty enough mistress Acne now)

Taking the humilty train back from that ego train, i totally got asked out by a clear skinned hottie . I had to tell her no, because i swore off dating for my freshman year (I'm in a strict transfer program that i have to maintain a ridiculous GPA) However I told her that i was flattered, that she would consider a bump crusty such as myself. She looked at me innocently as only a golden tanned blonde college sorority girl wearing american eagle head to toe with a texting affliction could, and then it donned on her (i actually saw the light bulb) that i was talking about my acne. She said that she had hardly noticed until i had mentioned it. So note to all you obsessors (myself sadly included far too ofter) don't worry so much

So enough about my glamous life .... oh wait i guess thats what this blog is all about. Damnit i was going to try to escape my hubris but this whole concept restrains me from doing so. DAMN YOUS! DAMN YOUS ALL TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! ..... I might be overacting a little a bit ... we'll just call it a Tane mood swing.

MemberMember
(@ender)

Posted : 08/29/2007 12:03 am

Ha...I really hope it doesn't come with mood swings too. My boyfriend will probably end up murdering me if that's the case.

This has been bugging me for the past ten minutes or so...I know that the quote in your byline is Oscar Wilde. But, it was in a movie too and I cannot think of that movie. I need to know. Please tell me you know.

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/29/2007 9:33 am

I'm thinking that it was in the early 90s movie The Butcher's Wife, and the fact that i know that makes me a huge cinema geek .... which is perfectly ok with me, because i want to be involved in film. The place i got it from though was Lady Windermere's Fan, because i also happen to be a literature geek as well.

Oh by the way if anyone can tell me where that double movie reference in my last post came from along with the directors. I'll award you 10 brownie points (but keep in mind that brownie points aren't redeemable for brownies, but rather to make you feel SUPER DUPER SPECIAL, however if happen to be on the University of Texas at San Antonio campus then drop by room 239 in Chisholm hall and you can redeem your brownie points for an oreo and a game of foozball .... which you will lose miserably because i have no life and i play it everyday)

And off the geology we go ... or i guess just me ... unless you the reader happen to be also going to geology ... which would be wierd ... my addiction to ellipses is also wierd ... i really should go now ... bye ... ... ... but seriously ellipses are a very useful literary tool ... alright im gone. LATERS

MemberMember
(@ender)

Posted : 08/29/2007 1:29 pm

The "Damn you! Damn you all to hell!" line? That's from Planet of the Apes. The orginal one. In the new one they changed it and it says " Damn THEM all to hell." I don't know who directed the original though. Sorry. I also think they parodied that line in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Which is Kevin Smith of course. Looooooove Kevin Smith. :D

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/29/2007 7:51 pm

Ahh a kindred spirit. Kevin Smith movies are awesome. I own clerks, clerks 2, mallrats, and dogma. Ill give you the brownie points for being super cool. The offer is there still for anyone who can figure out the other director and dont act like you dont want those brownie points.

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/30/2007 2:47 am

i wanna be like you!

MemberMember
(@ender)

Posted : 08/30/2007 1:11 pm

i wanna be like you!

*Has vision of big blue bear and little boy in loincloth dancing around the jungle.*

And I'd just like to say that Kevin Smith is probably God (Alanis Morissette was just a diversion).

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 08/31/2007 10:16 am

Hey just a quick question before i go to class. Lately i have been taking a show right before i go to bed and NOT moisturizing my face. When i wake up in the morning my skin is all Crypt Keeper flaky and dry, but for being so dry it looks much much much less inflamed. I take a shower in the morning and then moisturize. I've been doing this for the last couple days and have gotten big time reduction of cyst angryness. The question is "Is this bad for my skin", because i dont want to be damaging my body any more that i have to. My liver already isn't speaking to me, and my aching joints only answer when I offer them Ibprofen .... damn junkies .... so what do you guys think YAY or NAY . I'll take the majority vote as if it was my determitologist speaking. As the old saying goes "Checking org all day takes your acne away" or was it "Check org all day its what the doctor would say" ... my roommate says it has something to do with apples, but that shows what he knows i mean what do apples have to do with anything it completely ridiculous. Anyways i gots to get movin on down the road. LATERS.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 08/31/2007 12:58 pm

I think it will be important for the health of your skin if you try to keep it hydrated by using a moisturizer twice daily. Especially if you are waking up dry and flaky as the crypt keeper. ;) As time goes on your skin will continue to get dryer and dryer.

Using a good moisturizer will not take away from the effectiveness of the Accutane, but it will help your skin stay healthy looking and feeling. And wounds heal better if they aren't bone dry.

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 09/02/2007 11:29 am

Will do and many thanks Brandy. I hope everyone is having a good labor day weekend so far. I'm having a better one than the people at Michigan, because my Longhorns avoided the nasty upset by the team that we're supposed crush mercilessly

Football is back people, too bad face paint and weeping pussy lesions don't mix very well. I should invent a face paint for acne users ... yeah and then use the proceeds to install the Hawaiian Punch Drinking Fountain that i've always dream of in my dorm room.

Laters peeps

MemberMember
(@poredecision)

Posted : 09/02/2007 3:54 pm

Should you be taking ibuprofen on acne? I know you're not supposed to take acetaminophen.

JW, GL man

MemberMember
(@dwilloughbypower-direct-com)

Posted : 09/02/2007 5:05 pm

good luck bro.

what college you going to btw?

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 09/02/2007 7:39 pm

I don't know if you're not supposed to be taking Ibprofen or not. I have been taking some every day for the last 2 weeks and havent seen any ill effects.

I go to the University of Texas at San Antonio, but im here through a conditional transfer program from UT austin. I applied to UT Austin and they basically said we'll take you, but prove yourself in college first (I had super high SAT and ACT scores but a so-so GPA, because i kinda boycotted homework in high school and would just take zeros and then ace the tests. It all balanced out in the end, but UT was supicious). Anyways it requires me to get a 3.2 GPA, and nothing below a C and I get auto admission next year in Liberal Arts, but to get into the school at UT i want to get into (Communications which is where the major Radio Television Film is) is like one of the top schools at UT Austin. So i'll probably have to get around a 3.6 - 3.7 to get directly in. Which by what i've seen here shouldnt be too hard, because theres not really that much homework, and I actually find test taking fun.

I'm going to start a little recurring feature here, because I'm kinda a quote afficianado. So officially debuting the QUOTE OF THE DAY (<--they're so excited it makes me happy)

Dream as if you will live forever, but live as if you will die today

Some wise words from James Dean.

MemberMember
(@id-rather-dance-with-you)

Posted : 09/02/2007 7:42 pm

you're not supposed to take acetaminophen?!!!? when i had surgery i was def on percocet for like a week cause the doctor was like " i think you can take it...erm..."! shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope this isnt bad.

MemberMember
(@livelaughlove)

Posted : 09/02/2007 8:41 pm

Should you be taking ibuprofen on acne? I know you're not supposed to take acetaminophen.

JW, GL man

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/isotret_ad.htm

Scroll down, it has a list of drug interactions, nowhere does it say you can't take acetaminophen, or ibuprofen. What do you think we can take for pain relievers if we can't take ibuprofen or acetaminophen? lol That pretty much leaves...Advil?

MemberMember
(@poredecision)

Posted : 09/02/2007 10:27 pm

Advil is ibuprofen.

It's the same reason why on acetaminophen containers (i.e. Tylenol) they warn against people who drink heavily and regularly from using their project. It's tasking on the liver.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/03/2007 3:49 pm

no offence but what book did u get this out of

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 09/04/2007 4:24 pm

Is that question directed at me?

If you're asking me what book i get my ideals from it would be a long list, but also the people i've known, and the choices i've made and the resulting consequences.

As for my little inspirational advice i gave a little while back that was greatly influenced by a speech by Marianne Williamson in her book "Return to Love" which was one of many books given to me by my youth group leader and very close friend. You've probably heard it at least in part in a movie, or quoted in a Nelson Mandela speech from the early 90s i believe.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,

talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of

God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people

permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,

Our presence automatically liberates others.

It's painted on my wall at home, along with various other quotes and poems that have given the perspective i enjoy today. Its a great book I recommend it to anyone. Some other good books that i've read that have had a significant impact on me are The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay (taught me that though i am just one person that having right ideals and the will to live by them even if society condemns it, can affect more than you could ever imagine.) Enders Game (a surpising choice probably, but its been very important in my view of people i dont understand, and is one of the main reasons i dont feel the need to compete with other people in looks, wealth, or status) and A Simple Path by Mother Teresa (this is more faith related so it might not be something for you, but its a beautiful book and it has basically taught me everything i know about humility which makes my situation so much more easier to deal with)

Quote of the Day

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

A little Mother Teresa wisdom along with the quote thats in my Sig. LATERS

MemberMember
(@rcranger03)

Posted : 09/06/2007 11:59 pm

I bumped in to a guy i hadnt seen since graduation when i was pretty clear and we had always been pretty good friends so talking about my acne with him was something that was perfect ok with me. Sure enough the first thing he told me (albeit very jokingly) was Holy Acne Explosion Batman. I laughed, because if you knew us it was pretty funny (yeah i know im kind of a nerd and im not really ashamed of it Firefly, Stargate, and X Files for life *chest bump with a vulcan salute*). But it really got me thinking that almost nobody here at college knew the clear me. In fact nobody on the site knows what the clear me looked like so i thought i would provide yous guys and girls with a little Matt Clarity Montage.

Ninja Turtle Me (Skin like that and it was never appreciated tsk tsk)

Middle School Me (with a smokin hot pefect bowl cut, thats right Justin Timberlake i was the first one to bring sexy back)

Freshman Me

Sophmore Me (this was the last time i had zero acne on my body)

Junior Me

Senior Me

Right Before I had the breakout that has continued to what you have seen, and yes i'm in a folding chair semifloating with the use of 8 noodles

Me and The First and Only Girl I've Ever Loved (Good lord i miss her)(#1) (#2) (I thought these were important bc it very viceral uncalculated basic me. I dated her basically my entire senior year 8 months, but she was a junior in austin i graduated and came to san antonio, and then even if i get to transfer back she is headed off to Notre Dame for a life long dream. We both decided that our relationship was going to be too difficult for our situations, and we remain best friends)

Me and my older sister and my little cuz Caden .... And all the girls now with a collective "AWWWWW"

Basically my default setting in pictures ..... aka looking like an idiot ....... and Again ... idiocy

Warming up for a very icy bitter cold Relay For Life

Really cool sketchbookification of me

Me giving a Keynote speech to about 300 central texas catholic teens about Forgiveness. On a weeklong retreat that basically was my senior year youth group project aka my baby. I planned it, coordinated it, and lead a small group. (Sorry for the shameless pride right here, but i have paralyzing stage fright so speaking publicly even to small crowds was and still is terrifying so that speech and the whole week probably the proudest of my life)

My Youth Group LEader Proteges (i let them skip the whole padawan rat tail)

When I still cared about a red spot on my chin

Quote of the Day

Courage is the resistence to fear, the mastery of fear, but not the abscence of fear.

Mr. Clemens himself ...... you dont know who Samuel Clemens is ..... oh right its Mark Twain

MemberMember
(@kkristenmmarie)

Posted : 09/07/2007 7:28 am

sniff, sniff...this is my favorite line:

If you would be confident, and daring, and charming, then if you can truly see yourself that way those attributes will shine through anyways, because in truth they've always been there just waiting for you to set them free. People see what you show them. So show them what you want them to see

Ah, someone who outwits me, has faith, AND is comfortable in their own skin no matter how bumpy? Can't be true...but it is! And now I shall stalk his log blog.

you really are a great optimistic guy. Keep it up! It's funny the ways God blesses us..isn't it?

MemberMember
(@jennylala)

Posted : 09/07/2007 10:47 am

I really enjoy reading your blog:) I think you are an amazing person:)

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 09/07/2007 2:23 pm

I agree with her, koo pics..You didnt look like a nerd, Look like one of those cool guys that goes to the nice suburban school and everybody wants to be like. I've only went to one suburban school and it looked like you fit the mold.