Notifications
Clear all

Time To Start The Regimen

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/23/2013 2:53 am

Day 53

My skin has been quite oily the past few days - it's annoying but I'm used to having oily skin - I can cope with it much more easily than dry, flaky skin! I haven't been having a problem with dryness which is good but I've still been using a fair bit of moisturiser in the morning so that's probably contributing to my skin being oily...

Not many new breakouts either. Only two or three small whiteheads. Even though I haven't had as much active acne lately, I've still had trouble with picking. (I don't pick a lot but it's mainly an issue when I get stressed or start getting into a negative thinking pattern about myself...)

When I first started the regimen I was able to reduce or stop picking for a while because I was worried the BP would make the chance of scarring from picking higher. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it worked. And now that I have less acne, you'd think it would be easier to leave alone but there's no difference really - especially when my 'triggers' are things like stress. But it's another thing I'm working on.

I think I'll use AHA again tonight. I'll have to do a bit of research into when it's best to apply it. I've tried it over and under BP but don't know which way is more effective.

Also, - I had a good day today working with little kids who have autism as part of my uni placement. I can see how challenging, interesting and rewarding it would be for the therapists who work with these kids year round. I was talking to one of the speech therapists today and she just lights up when talking about her job which is encouraging for me that I would hopefully enjoy it too. Though I did help out the OT today and their work seemed really interesting with the kids too and she also loves it... I have no idea how to figure out which career path to follow!! I'm meant to be narrowing down my choices not broadening them! tongue.png It seems every week I have a new career I'm thinking about... Oh well... I'll figure it out somehow.

Hope you're all doing well smile.png

(Edit - Always speaking too soon when it comes to how my skin is doing! I just applied the regimen for the night and can feel some deeper spots under the skin about to come up. At least 2 on my cheek and 2 on my forehead / between eyes. But overall my skin is still doing well and much better than it used to be - so I'm happy with that)

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/24/2013 6:37 am

Day 53

My skin has been quite oily the past few days - it's annoying but I'm used to having oily skin - I can cope with it much more easily than dry, flaky skin! I haven't been having a problem with dryness which is good but I've still been using a fair bit of moisturiser in the morning so that's probably contributing to my skin being oily...

Not many new breakouts either. Only two or three small whiteheads. Even though I haven't had as much active acne lately, I've still had trouble with picking. (I don't pick a lot but it's mainly an issue when I get stressed or start getting into a negative thinking pattern about myself...)

When I first started the regimen I was able to reduce or stop picking for a while because I was worried the BP would make the chance of scarring from picking higher. Don't know if there is any truth to that but it worked. And now that I have less acne, you'd think it would be easier to leave alone but there's no difference really - especially when my 'triggers' are things like stress. But it's another thing I'm working on.

I think I'll use AHA again tonight. I'll have to do a bit of research into when it's best to apply it. I've tried it over and under BP but don't know which way is more effective.

Also, - I had a good day today working with little kids who have autism as part of my uni placement. I can see how challenging, interesting and rewarding it would be for the therapists who work with these kids year round. I was talking to one of the speech therapists today and she just lights up when talking about her job which is encouraging for me that I would hopefully enjoy it too. Though I did help out the OT today and their work seemed really interesting with the kids too and she also loves it... I have no idea how to figure out which career path to follow!! I'm meant to be narrowing down my choices not broadening them! :P It seems every week I have a new career I'm thinking about... Oh well... I'll figure it out somehow.

Hope you're all doing well :)

(Edit - Always speaking too soon when it comes to how my skin is doing! I just applied the regimen for the night and can feel some deeper spots under the skin about to come up. At least 2 on my cheek and 2 on my forehead / between eyes. But overall my skin is still doing well and much better than it used to be - so I'm happy with that)

I know what it's like trying to decide what career path to follow. I'm also in the last year of my degree and have no idea whether I'm going to do post grade study or get a job. Feels like there are so many decisions to make!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/24/2013 7:40 pm

I know what it's like trying to decide what career path to follow. I'm also in the last year of my degree and have no idea whether I'm going to do post grade study or get a job. Feels like there are so many decisions to make!

Yeah it definitely feels that way!

One of the reasons I chose my current degree was that hopefully I'd have things figured out by the end of it - but here I am just months away from graduation and I'm still not sure what to do :P

Good luck figuring it all out!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/27/2013 2:46 am

Day 57

Noticed two bigger spots appeared on my right cheek during the day (well, I didn't notice them when I was getting ready this morning). It cut me a bit when I noticed them because that area had been pretty clear for a few weeks now and they're not tiny... and one is right on the 'apple' of my cheek so I think it's more noticeable to other people because it's toward the centre of your face / they'll notice it when they're talking to you or looking you in the eye... (opposed to if it was on the sides of your face more). I did indulge in eating peanut-butter yesterday (and the day before) :P and I'm fairly sure peanuts are a trigger for my acne... so that could be why they've appeared - though it's hard to pin-point it to that.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/30/2013 4:39 am

Day 60

Today was a bit of a roller-coaster in a way. Even though I feel like my skin is going backwards (a few new breakouts and the pores of my nose are 'clogged') I was still feeling ok for most of the day. But then something happened and it all went downhill. For the last half of the day / evening I've been feeling 'down' - feeling ugly and alone and like I have nothing going for me in life. I keep reminding myself that there are good things in my life which I am thankful for and I'm also thankful that my skin has improved - but that's not going to 'fix' completely the 'issues' I have when seeing myself / my self-esteem etc or how I feel about myself. And just having clear skin isn't going to make me 'less alone' - but I hope it will help me be more confident to meet guys... But again - clear skin isn't the 'magic element' in that situation either. Sometimes I just can't shake the feeling that I have nothing going for me in life... And it's made worse when you're surrounded by 'beautiful, happy, clear skinned, in-a-relationship-and-employed people' I guess part of today was just a bad day like we all have from time to time - hoping tomorrow is better, happier.

... actually here's a good thing - my brother can always make me laugh - he just tried and failed miserably at a card trick :P So I'm smiling for the moment. It's the little things that can make all the difference sometimes.

Hope everything is well with you all.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/31/2013 12:21 am

Day 60

Today was a bit of a roller-coaster in a way. Even though I feel like my skin is going backwards (a few new breakouts and the pores of my nose are 'clogged') I was still feeling ok for most of the day. But then something happened and it all went downhill. For the last half of the day / evening I've been feeling 'down' - feeling ugly and alone and like I have nothing going for me in life. I keep reminding myself that there are good things in my life which I am thankful for and I'm also thankful that my skin has improved - but that's not going to 'fix' completely the 'issues' I have when seeing myself / my self-esteem etc or how I feel about myself. And just having clear skin isn't going to make me 'less alone' - but I hope it will help me be more confident to meet guys... But again - clear skin isn't the 'magic element' in that situation either. Sometimes I just can't shake the feeling that I have nothing going for me in life... And it's made worse when you're surrounded by 'beautiful, happy, clear skinned, in-a-relationship-and-employed people' I guess part of today was just a bad day like we all have from time to time - hoping tomorrow is better, happier.

... actually here's a good thing - my brother can always make me laugh - he just tried and failed miserably at a card trick tongue.png So I'm smiling for the moment. It's the little things that can make all the difference sometimes.

Hope everything is well with you all.

I think we all have days like this where we just feel down and frustrated (I had a bad one this week). The lack of a relationship gets me down ALL the time as well, especially when I see other happy couples walking around,so your not alone there. When I'm having a bad day I often think who the hell would find me attractive, which then starts a whole negative commentary in my head. I just remind myself that I'm still young and lots of people my age are single/will be single again/have never had a relationship as well. Everyone is different and we really are still very young, so you shouldn't compare yourself with others or worry about being forever alone (easier said than done, but I actually know ALOT of people who didn't have their 1st relationship till their mid 20's). Sometimes it's easy to look at people that seem to "have it all" and think we don't measure up or are somehow failing because we are different, but really we should just live our own lives and not judge ourselves so harshly. Bedsides when you observe people your often just taking things at face value, so they may not be any happier than us or even have it as good as it seems.

I bet you've got heaps going for you, just remind yourself of all the good things you have such as family etc etc and the rest will eventually fall in place. :)

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 08/31/2013 1:05 am

I think we all have days like this where we just feel down and frustrated (I had a bad one this week). The lack of a relationship gets me down ALL the time as well, especially when I see other happy couples walking around,so your not alone there. When I'm having a bad day I often think who the hell would find me attractive, which then starts a whole negative commentary in my head. I just remind myself that I'm still young and lots of people my age are single/will be single again/have never had a relationship as well. Everyone is different and we really are still very young, so you shouldn't compare yourself with others or worry about being forever alone (easier said than done, but I actually know ALOT of people who didn't have their 1st relationship till their mid 20's). Sometimes it's easy to look at people that seem to "have it all" and think we don't measure up or are somehow failing because we are different, but really we should just live our own lives and not judge ourselves so harshly. Bedsides when you observe people your often just taking things at face value, so they may not be any happier than us or even have it as good as it seems.

I bet you've got heaps going for you, just remind yourself of all the good things you have such as family etc etc and the rest will eventually fall in place. smile.png

Thank you for the reply and advice - it does help :)

The same thing will happen to me where something will trigger a negative cycle of thoughts in my head - and I know it's ridiculous but it happens.

But you make really good points here that I'm going to try and remember (I am still young and when I see other people / couples I am just seeing it all at face value) and I'm going to work on not comparing myself to others or being so critical of myself. Not sure how I'll do that... positive self-talk / affirmations maybe? :P Worth a try I guess - I don't know but i'll work on it somehow.

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 08/31/2013 8:17 pm

I bet you've got heaps going for you, just remind yourself of all the good things you have such as family etc etc and the rest will eventually fall in place. smile.png

Thank you for the reply and advice - it does help smile.png

The same thing will happen to me where something will trigger a negative cycle of thoughts in my head - and I know it's ridiculous but it happens.

But you make really good points here that I'm going to try and remember (I am still young and when I see other people / couples I am just seeing it all at face value) and I'm going to work on not comparing myself to others or being so critical of myself. Not sure how I'll do that... positive self-talk / affirmations maybe? tongue.png Worth a try I guess - I don't know but i'll work on it somehow.

Thanks again.

Your welcome. I know it's hard though... I can't even follow my own advice most of the time, but it's easy to lose your perspective on things like this when your feeling down. It's completely normal to have not had a relationship yet and there are heaps of people our age and much older just like us. Just think of how many happy single people there are for every couple you see!

I'm still working on cutting down on the self criticism and trying to not compare myself to everybody else. Trying to thinking of all the positives about myself/and my life every time I feel that negative commentary start in my head is what I try to do. A small step I know, but I have so many years of acne related low self esteem that it's going to take along time to change my perspective of myself. Hell even if I woke up with perfectly clear skin tomorrow I still wouldn't be brimming with self confidence!

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/03/2013 1:02 am

Day 64

Ughh more breakouts :/ About 8 of them now... which is not a lot for me but it's still very annoying. And one is right in the middle of the cupid's bow dimple (philtrum - if we want to be anatomically correct / let me use the remainder of my anatomy knowledge before I forget the rest of it too :P) I hate breakouts around the mouth - especially upper lip. They're always so noticeable. This one is anyway. I guess I can't complain though... maybe if I managed to use the regimen in the morning and night everyday (instead of just at night for 4 days of the week) I would be at a point where I'd stop breaking out... I'll probably have to find a way to make morning and night applications every day work for me though if I keep breaking out

Hope you're all doing well :)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/13/2013 3:01 am

Day 74

So I've been able to get my hands on Dan's products (through the work of an angel hahah) so I've been using them the last few days. And WOW Dan's BP is amazing!!

I've been dealing with dry and flaky skin the past two days - maybe because the 2 pumps of Dan's BP is more than a full finger length of Benzac? Or maybe because I actually managed to use a small amount in the morning majority of this week under makeup (because Dan's BP actually absorbs into the skin). Probably both of those reasons.

Today the dry skin was really annoying - I was so self-conscious of it flaking around my mouth. I didn't want to eat or talk. But I couldn't avoid talking because I was at placement / uni work experience today. Placement today was awesome - I was offered an admin job there!! :D Out of nowhere (and because their receptionist/admin person resigned suddenly I think) I accepted and will have to work it around uni but it's so great of them to have offered it to me!! I've been looking for work for SO long - this is so great to finally have something :D

That's about it I think... dry skin, flakes, a couple of breakouts but they're not bothering me much - it's the dry skin that's getting to me!

Hope you're all well!! :)

MemberMember
(@runningmom)

Posted : 09/13/2013 10:18 pm

Dan's bp is awesome! I am so glad I tried it! His other products don't irritate my skin either or cause me any other breakouts! I used to break out on my chin almost every night/every other night--I also sleep on my stomach/side and I think it's because of the oils on my face. I have had hardly ANY breakouts in that area since I started and I was so amazed at that! I get other bumps here and there but I love his bp!! Trying to get my sister to try his BP as well since we have similar skin.

Congrats on your job! That is great!!

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/14/2013 6:24 am

Crongrats on getting the job. It's nice when things just seem to fall into place like that, and it's even better once you get your first pay check!

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/19/2013 5:00 am

Been a while since I posted here! Hope you're all doing well :)

Basically just had a question about AHA that I thought I'd ask here in case anyone sees it and can help.

So I only use AHA occasionally because I find that it makes my skin actually feel drier, causes more flakes and makes it feel sort of leathery... especially around my nose / chin / mouth. And makes my lips feel really uncomfortable / dry too even though I obviously don't put AHA on my lips... Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Is this a normal reaction while you get used to AHA? Should I push through it and will my skin then get accustomed to it (sort of like getting used to BP when you start out?)

I don't plan on updating here regularly again but I might try and get 'final' update / progress pics to post here at some point in the week.

MemberMember
(@joeyicecream)

Posted : 11/24/2013 12:05 am

Hi Lilly,

The funny part about aha is that it is so powerful that you can not use too much but at the same time the reccommended dose does not cover the whole face. In my opinion aha is a wonder for evening out complexion but only okay in moisturizing. What I would reccommend is what Dan and many of the aha vets on here do is to mix the recommended dose or a little bit less of aha into the moisturizer (you can use less moisturizer if you want). Dan has a blog article about it.

Personally I find aha can be too powerful for more sensitve areas like around my mouth as I notice it sometimes breaks me out. So my nightly routine when I used aha (once every few days during my first year of the regime) wash, wait 10 minutes, bp, wait ten minutes, aha on cheeks and forhead, wait five to ten minutes then put a healthy dose of moisturizer around mouth and a bit over aha regions.

Personnally I think if you still have actives then you should not use aha just yet, wait until you are clear of acne or it least above 90% clear and then use aha when you are attemting to even out your complexion. I believe aha causes more irritation to actives.

Take care

- Joeyicecream

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/24/2013 12:25 am

Thanks for that Joeyicecream :)

I should have mentioned though that's what I do - I always mix it with moisturiser and often then feel like I need to go back and apply jojoba or more mosituriser a bit later.

I'll have to try just applying the AHA to my cheeks and forehead like you mentioned. It never seems to cause that weird dry feeling on my cheeks or forehead like it does around my mouth/nose... I'll see how that goes next time I try to use AHA.

Thanks again :)

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 12/08/2013 4:02 am

Ok - remembered to update like I said I would Day 160! A bit over 5 months. (I will have been using the regimen 6 months at the end of December)

I could have waited for my skin to look better before posting, but reality is that I do still regularly breakout using the regimen - and at the moment that's what's happening. So may as well show how the regimen has honestly worked for me. Keep in mind, the photos aren't showing it exactly as my skin looks in person (it's actually looking better in the pics) but the breakout now is a little worse than in the photos. But for the most part, my cheeks and forehead stay clear and I nearly always have a few small breakouts near my mouth or chin or jaw though. When they're small it doesn't bother me that much, though of course I'd rather they weren't there!

Having said that, my skin is still SO much better than before I started the regimen, and for that I am so grateful! I really forget that way too easily, so it always surprises me how much improvement my skin has made since before the regimen! biggrin.png I also think a lot of the PIH I have is fading from my cheeks. I know I probably would have better results with acne if I could manage to use the full regimen twice a day but I really can't handle the dryness and flakes that come with that. I'm flat out handling the dryness once a day application still causes me! If I have time to spare in coming months, where I don't have to be out in public all day everyday (which is unlikely) I would probably try to work up to twice a day applications again - but for now I can't handle going through that adjustment process again.

For now, I will be sticking with BP / the regimen. Probably wont be using AHA much though as it seems to cause me more harm than good unfortunately.

Ideally though, I would like to stop the regimen eventually and try SGA (sebaceous gland ablation) treatment. I think I mentioned that in this thread many posts ago. It's where the sebaceous gland is destroyed so effectively you can't get acne from that gland again. Of course, I want to learn more about it first as it is a relatively new and un-researched treatment as far as I know... and I wouldn't be able to try it for a year or two anyway.

This link takes you to my last post with update photos from the end of my sixth week on the regimen

And the photos I took yesterday morning (7th December) I have added to my gallery. For some reason it won't let me attach them here. (Also, I promise I'm not actually as sullen a person as I look in all these photos haha) http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/51910-2013-12-07-080838-640x480/

Having my skin improve so much, even without it being totally clear and even with regular breakouts (definitely only mild these days though!) has really helped me start to feel more confident and better about myself.

I'm hoping these current active spots die away and the dryness is manageable for Tuesday as I have my graduation from my undergrad / bachelors degree then!

Anyway, thanks to everyone here who has put up with my lengthy, and probably too frequent, updates and for the help and support you've given me smile.png I hope things continue well and continue to improve for you all smile.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/10/2013 8:49 pm

Lilly, you have made tremendous progress! I would say to give it another 6 months to see if you clear up some more. If there is no further improvement, then it may be time to look into hormonal treatment or even accutane.

I think though that your progress has been monumental.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 12/11/2013 3:14 am

Lilly, you have made tremendous progress! I would say to give it another 6 months to see if you clear up some more. If there is no further improvement, then it may be time to look into hormonal treatment or even accutane.

I think though that your progress has been monumental.

Thank you so much Sasch :)

Yes I think I will give it another couple of months at least to see if things improve further. I hope it does improve some more as in the last couple of days I feel like my skin has taken some giant steps backward - breaking out more on my right cheek and forehead (which hadn't happened at the time I posted that last photo). Not sure exactly why I'm breaking out.

Hoping this is just a breakout and not regression back to my old skin even while using BP!

Thank you again :) I hope things are going well for you

MemberMember
(@thephiljallen)

Posted : 12/17/2013 4:57 pm

Hi Lilly

I have read your log recently and it seems you are having issues with dryness still (I find this a little odd) and my questions were what moisturiser do you use? and do you consistently add drops of jojoba oil? I am well aware that everybody is different but I found with 1 or a bit more pumps of cetaphil moisturising lotion plus about 10 drops of jojoba really takes care of all dryness. I do speak a bit about AHA in my log and it is certainly less moisturising than the cetaphil but with jojoba oil it can suffice. Also have to agree with the 1/2 moisturiser 1/2 Aha w/ jojoba this is fine to use every night and feels great with little issues.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 12/25/2013 10:36 pm

Hi Lilly

I have read your log recently and it seems you are having issues with dryness still (I find this a little odd) and my questions were what moisturiser do you use? and do you consistently add drops of jojoba oil? I am well aware that everybody is different but I found with 1 or a bit more pumps of cetaphil moisturising lotion plus about 10 drops of jojoba really takes care of all dryness. I do speak a bit about AHA in my log and it is certainly less moisturising than the cetaphil but with jojoba oil it can suffice. Also have to agree with the 1/2 moisturiser 1/2 Aha w/ jojoba this is fine to use every night and feels great with little issues.

Sorry for the late response, but thank you for the advice.

I do use jojoba oil and cetaphil moisturiser. I don't have the pump version of cetaphil so not sure how many pumps it would be that I use - but it's a lot. And I've ended up just pouring a fair bit of jojoba in my hand and applying - so not sure how many drops it is now - but again, it's a fair bit haha

It would have to be at least 10 - 12 drops if not more.

For the most part the dryness is under control though. It's just when I add in AHA or start to try and increase application to twice a day again, the dryness is too much. For AHA, not sure if that's something that my skin would adjust to or not? I know my skin would get used to the dryness / flakes eventually from extra BP (hopefully) - but at the moment I couldn't handle having horrible looking flaky skin. I know that probably sounds stupid, but it's just how it is for me now

And I haven't gone back to AHA because I think it causes small breakouts for me which is very annoying.

My skin is breaking out a lot lately. I'll wait for it to get under control again before maybe trying AHA again.

Thanks again for the reply :)

(And just while I'm posting here - Happy Christmas everyone :P )

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/21/2014 10:35 am

Lilly, how's the regimen going for you. Have you seen anymore consistent improvement? I'm breaking out as well so i may have to increase the dose as i am down to 1 pump in am and 1 in pm.

Please keep us posted

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/22/2014 5:13 am

Hey Sasch smile.png I think I noticed in a post of yours somewhere recently that you thought the regimen may have done all it could for you acne-wise? I know the feeling!

Not good to hear you're breaking out sad.png Hopefully you see some improvement with it (through BP or other treatments) soon!

Here's a bit of an update for anyone who wants to know:

My relationship with the regimen can be summed up as a roller coaster ride tongue.png The whole way through it's been up and down even now. I have good days and bad days skin-wise ang good weeks and bad weeks.

I still use the regimen - 2 pumps of BP at night. For the most part, that helps keep my acne controlled but I do still have acne and still have active breakouts and scaring / PIH. It's not perfect but it's definitely better than what it was before I started the regimen. I probably would be clear completely with it if I had the time to spare in the mornings to do the regimen then but I just don't have the time with my uni schedule / early starts at uni (unless I was up at maybe 4.30am each morning and I am not a morning person so that's not going to happen tongue.png)

I don't have any issue with dryness or flakiness anymore - unless I try to start using a small amount of BP in the mornings

So I guess I haven't seen anymore consistent improvement really. I used to have photos in my gallery (which I recently chose to delete) which I think I linked in my last post in this thread of where my skin was at then - and it did look pretty clear with just a few small spots. It's not that good now unfortunately - probably mild to moderate instead of moderately severe like I think it was at the start.

Hormones still like to mess up my skin for me so I can't avoid that lovely breakout either.

I keep saying too that I should focus on my diet a bit more too to see how that will help. My diet isn't bad (well this week I've had my fair share of chocolate for a while) but I could still take a more 'acne focused' approach. I briefly tried the gluten free thing but I don't think that had much impact for me (though it was a very brief trial so it could be worth trying again). I think I'll start trying a low glucose load approach as the theory makes sense to me. Once I've got my head around it and have some potential meal plans worked out (and things that are quick and that I can take to uni easily - I know - sounds picky) I'll get into it and try it for a while.

I had also been drinking nettle tea to see if that helps but I haven't been consistent with it to know if it effects anything for me. I plan to start this again and be more consistent with it to really test it out

I also need to start running more often because I miss it! And I find it helps me stress a bit less. I think it may help my skin a little too though not drastically. My uni timetable and workload is just so crazy I find it hard to make the time to do it. I have time off this week though so I'm getting back into it and hopefully will then continue it a bit more easily once classes start again.

Products I'm using:

AM -

- either the Acne.org Cleanser OR the Johnson's Top-to-Toe Baby Wash

- recently started using the Cetaphil moisturiser with SPF 30 (not sure what it's actually called - literally only used it these past 3 days - but it seems good so far and seems to be helping my skin not get so oily/shiny)

PM -

- either the Acne.org Cleanser OR the Johnson's Top-to-Toe Baby Wash

- Acne.org BP

- jojoba oil (either Acne.org or a brand I got in a health food type shop here - Desert Essence is possibly the brand... but with jojoba oil I don't think it matters too much)

-Cetaphil moisturiser (the normal one without SPF)

I don't use the acne.org AHA on my face as I think it does more harm than good for my skin. I do use it on body breakouts when they decide to happen and I find it works well for that for me.

I might try and find a gentler AHA or another method of fading PIH as it would be great if that could fade a bit more / faster!

Anyway...

I'm still glad to have tried the regimen but I do think I'm at the point where it's not going to give me any more improvements as I just can't make my lifestyle fit with how it should be applied / followed.

I still plan to continue with it as I don't want to go through the withdrawal break out from quitting or a breakout from starting something new right now with uni being how it is.

I have heard retin-a is a great topical and I'm also interested in sebaceous gland ablation so they're things I do keep thinking about trying some time.

I think that covers it.

If anyone has questions about anything to do with my 'regimen experience' or just the regimen in general - just ask smile.png Always up for a chat too smile.png

Hope you're all doing well smile.png

MemberMember
(@oshiawase)

Posted : 04/28/2014 7:05 pm

So I guess I haven't seen anymore consistent improvement really. I used to have photos in my gallery (which I recently chose to delete) which I think I linked in my last post in this thread of where my skin was at then - and it did look pretty clear with just a few small spots. It's not that good now unfortunately - probably mild to moderate instead of moderately severe like I think it was at the start.

Hormones still like to mess up my skin for me so I can't avoid that lovely breakout either.

so you still have moderate acne? Now I feel so discouraged. i am on my first week and new backheads popped up. How do I know if the Regimen works for me? How long do I have to wait to figure it out and decide it's time to quit? And why didn't you quit the regimen entirely?

I do pray for your further improvement

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/29/2014 4:24 am

so you still have moderate acne? Now I feel so discouraged. i am on my first week and new backheads popped up. How do I know if the Regimen works for me? How long do I have to wait to figure it out and decide it's time to quit? And why didn't you quit the regimen entirely?

I do pray for your further improvement

Don't be discouraged! Stick with the regimen for 3 or 4 months and follow it exactly before deciding if its working for you or not. 1 week is so early on, not everyone would see improvements that quickly. The first month of the regimen is more about taking it slow and getting your skin used to BP rather than seeing results. So hang in there and stick with it. Patience and following it exactly as described are key! :)

My acne is on the mild side mostly. I'm sure that I would be clear though if I used it twice a day (but I don't have the time to). So if you can follow it exactly as described and work up to applying it twice a day, I'm sure your results will be great

I didn't quit the regimen because it has definitely helped my skin / acne. It does work and has been more effective than other treatments I've tried. Of course, I'd like to be completely clear, but again, unfortunately I don't have the time to spare in the mornings to apply the whole regimen to make it 2 applications a day. Instead I only apply it (with BP) at night which still helps my skin a lot.

Thanks :) Hope it works really well for you and you start seeing results soon :)