Notifications
Clear all

Carwinn's Reginmen Logs

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/17/2013 10:44 am

Two months!

Alright, so I do believe it's been two months.

Soo... I'm not doing too well wacko.png

Last week was the end of school, and in kind of a celebration I decided to wear makeup monday-thursday.. I think that was a HUGE mistake! I think makeup is one of my main sources of acne. All I wore was a little concealer on my dark spots and light powder every where.

But Friday I woke up and was like... What have I done to my face! I had little tiny breakouts on the inbetween-my-nose-and-mouth area (What do you call that?? :P) and they weren't too bad, but still... bleh. :( and I got pretty much symmetrical pimples on my cheeks. The one on the left seems deep, but not too bad, and the one on the right came and went but now there's a twin right next to it. Also, I got a couple pimples on my forehead. AND I got a cold sore on my lip and it lasted way longer than it should have. It even left a bit of a red mark eusa_wall.gif

My diet continues to be poor though :/ I went up north Friday, which was nice because only my dad saw my nasty breakouts :P But I also ate fast food on the way up. I ate out at restaurants a couple times too. It's so hard to keep up a good diet! I'm back home now, which means better diet, but then I'm leaving tomorrow to go to my boyfriend's, and his mom just loves to spoil us with junk food. And If I say no, I want a salad or something, she'll freak out and think I'm anorexic -.- It's so hard to eat right around other people because I'm really skinny. They judge me and try to force feed me McDonald's or something. Ew D:

I'm also expecting breakouts come next Thursday. I'm going to Florida for 8 days. Last time I went, It was end of summer and though I spent the entire summer clear, I got NASTY breakouts there. This month was/is going to continue to be hectic. Hopefully the start of July I can just relax at home and eat right and get clear!

This was more of a rant than an update, but oh well :P

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/17/2013 7:18 pm

Big hug from NY Carwinns. It sucks when things are not going right- i know how you feel. But try not to blame yourself for everything. The right kind of makeup can cover up acne without breaking you out. I believe mineral makeup is better than most so look for one with bismuth (as that can irritate acne prone skin). As for the eating, i am skinny too and its hard to say no but i just tell people that eating certain foods upsets my stomach and it seems to work - they lay off me for a bit. Don't let anyone force you into doing something you don't want to. Enjoy your summer vacation and try to not worry about your acne.

I am broken out as well, mostly on my chin and it sucks, especially being two months in. My eating has also been meh, especially since i've been eating out a lot. i too am doing a lot of travelling this summer which has never bode well for my skin but we'll see.

Here's to hoping that month 3 is when the magic happens. How long do you plan to stick out The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 06/18/2013 7:04 am

Big hug from NY Carwinns. It sucks when things are not going right- i know how you feel. But try not to blame yourself for everything. The right kind of makeup can cover up acne without breaking you out. I believe mineral makeup is better than most so look for one with bismuth (as that can irritate acne prone skin). As for the eating, i am skinny too and its hard to say no but i just tell people that eating certain foods upsets my stomach and it seems to work - they lay off me for a bit. Don't let anyone force you into doing something you don't want to. Enjoy your summer vacation and try to not worry about your acne.

I am broken out as well, mostly on my chin and it sucks, especially being two months in. My eating has also been meh, especially since i've been eating out a lot. i too am doing a lot of travelling this summer which has never bode well for my skin but we'll see.

Here's to hoping that month 3 is when the magic happens. How long do you plan to stick out The Regimen?

Thanks! Yeah, breaking out sucks, but I think I'm getting most of it cleared already.

I plan on staying on the regimen for as long as I can! I remember back in freshman year, near the end of the year I started doing pretty much the same regimen. I used a green tea wash, the same BP, and a gel moisturizer that I LOVED, and I got clear! But then, I don't know how, I lost my green tea cleanser. I could never find the same stuff at the store again either. That's when I started to break out again :P

So in short, I was doing the regimen without knowing it, and stopping had broken me out. Once I'm consistently clear (that's a nice thought!) I'll probably ween off of it and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/04/2013 5:29 pm

Carwinns, how are things? I know you were travelling to Florida. I'm supposed to be visiting my mom there soon. How's the weather there?

Looking forward to an update

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 07/07/2013 11:23 am

Hey sasch, things are going great!!

I just got back from Florida yesterday. The weather was hot and humid, like always, but it rained A LOT.

Anyways, I did break out in Florida a bit. I noticed a lot of bumps under my skin on my chin area. That really freaked me out, but I applied more bp than usual and it went down. I did get a couple zits here and there, but nothing too bad.

I also got a lot of sun on my face, which did wonders for making my red marks blend in.

Right now I pretty much have zero active zits and I'm feeling really great!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/07/2013 5:07 pm

The rain sucks. Why do you think you broke out over there? Was it the weather, change in routine? The last time i was in Florida in 2011, my skin was at its worse too. It must feel great to have no active acne! Can't wait for that day.

Keep us posted - maybe even add an update photo

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 07/09/2013 5:38 pm

I'm starting to think it was the sea water. I read somewhere on this site that salt water is really good for your skin, so when I went to the beach, I always splashed some on. Bad idea. In retrospect, sea water is probably not good for you, salt water maybe, but then when you throw in the fact that there's a million sea creatures doin their business in there, and lots of people swimming at the beach, I imagine its quite dirty :P

Anyways, I'm guessing that was why I got a bunch of bumps, but it wasn't bad. BP got them quickly down.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 07/23/2013 1:09 pm

Sorry I haven't been updating much, my computer is broken and so I'm limited to my phone, which isn't easy to use on here. Anyways, I'll give you guys an update.

So, it's been three months and a few weeks. And I'm starting to feel like the regimen isn't doing squat.

After my last post, I broke out horrendously. And it's still sticking around.

I did switch to using simples face wash, but I don't think that's where the problem lies.

Among getting really big zits on my cheeks/ around my mouth, I'm getting little bumps too. This is getting really old, when will the acne stop?

I'm thinking about quitting the regimen, but where else do I have to go? There's nothing left for me to try. I don't know what to do.

Advice would help. :/

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/25/2013 5:49 pm

You're not alone. I will hit the three month mark in a few days and even though there has been improvement, acne around chin/jaw / mouth persists.... Bummer. I would say give it till 5 months and then go to a derm.

Stay strong