Notifications
Clear all

Rebel With A Cause

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/27/2013 5:58 pm

Hi all! My name is Sasch and for almost 2 years, i have been a member of the org and i love this place. You've seen me through 2 topial regimens (one for 3 months and the other for 4 months), holistic methods (supplements and natural skin care), diet changes (well over a year of dairy and gluten free as well as paleo on and off) and the heavy artillery of Accutane (took my last pill yesterday and i'm forgoing the last 4 days). Well i'm back again because i still have acne. Not as bad as before tane but stubborn enough that i want to try and control it before it gets any worse. So here i am finally taking the plunge and trying the Acne.org Regimen.

I have probably watched 30 + videos and read hundreds of reviews as well as corresponded with many informed members of this site and even though i am entering into this with much trepidation, it is my last resort before going back to my derm and asking for Sprio.

As of today, i have black heads and non inflamed acne that doesn't bother me as well as inflamed under the skin acne that hurts. Thank God it is not all over but my acne pattern is that i break out all over and my chin and cheeks are the worse.

I just did my first application and some things that i know i have to remember are:

• being gentle (i started rubbing in the bp and moisturizer with vigor and had to stop myself from giving my skin a massage and exceeding the allotted time)
  • Don't get products near eyes or eyebrows. I did great with the BP but with the moisturizer i forgot and then hurriedly had to take a damp rag and wipe over my eye area and eyebrows (i'm gonna freak if i wake up tomorrow with swollen eyes and bleached brows)
  • Make sure not to spread moisturizer where i don't put BP as BP will travel. I didn't put BP under my chin but i moisturized there and thought to myself 'holy shit!'
  • The no mirror time applies to this new regimen too. All my acne seemed highlighted after i completed the regimen and my face was up to the mirror waiting to be examined...not cool Sasch, not cool

I am expecting my acne to worsen even though technically tane is still in my body but i am hoping its not too horrendous. With everything going on in my personal life - i don't know how well i can manage that at the moment. Hoping to meet some cool people on this log and as some of you may or may not know from reading my previous logs, i do update quite frequently.

Talk to you soon (which in my time may mean tomorrow or whenever some unnatural side effect hits)

MemberMember
(@zalesyehotmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2013 10:42 am

Good luck Sasch! I really hope it works for you! Everybody deserves the clear skin :)

Sasch - your real name? My daughter's name is Sasha, we call her Sash - love this name))

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/28/2013 12:52 pm

Good luck Sasch! I really hope it works for you! Everybody deserves the clear skin smile.png

Sasch - your real name? My daughter's name is Sasha, we call her Sash - love this name))

Thanks momma! Maybe we can support each other. So bizarre! Sasch is my nickname but my given first name is Sascha too (with a c included)

Everybody deserves clear skin but like everything in life, its a loooooong process with many roadblocks along the way. Can't wait to see results for both of us

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/29/2013 5:18 pm

Day # 3

This itching is no joke! While its not unbearable (yet, it is uncomfortable). I also have a light complexion so the redness shows up big time. I definitely see where i am starting to break out from the BP (forehead, cheeks, etc) These bumps were there before but under the skin or smaller. Hopefully this doesn't last indefinitely.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 04/30/2013 11:48 pm

Hope the itching subsides for you soon, Sasch. I'm gonna have to remember that eyebrow tip myself when I get started...definitely don't want bleached brows, lol.

Good luck, I'll be following your log! :]

MemberMember
(@smsm)

Posted : 05/01/2013 4:24 am

about itching (sigh) i can stop myself during the day,,but at night O_O i woke up last night because i was itching so hard in my sleep!! ugh angry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/01/2013 5:27 pm

Hope the itching subsides for you soon, Sasch. I'm gonna have to remember that eyebrow tip myself when I get started...definitely don't want bleached brows, lol.

Good luck, I'll be following your log! :]

Thanks Flagg! It's definitely decreased. Can't wait to read your log. Many people update very rarely or once they're clear so it would be great to read a log as someone goes through the process week by week.

about itching (sigh) i can stop myself during the day,,but at night saywhat.gif i woke up last night because i was itching so hard in my sleep!! ugh angry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.png

I can relate. More moisturizer seems to help me so try that. Also, instead of itching with my fingernails, i rub the area with the back of my hand (if i absolutely must) as not to cause too much irritation -try it.

Day # 5

SKIN WISE:

I am not flaking so that's a good thing. My face feels tight but no flaking. I am also breaking out more and i KNOW FOR A FACT its the BP. I have 4 lip zits and they are grossangry.png (red, inflamed but no pus). I also have red bumps on both sides of my mouth area (notorious breakout spots for me). Not looking in mirrors help tremendously so i think i'll keep up with it. I had some burning after i applied moisturizer to the BP but it was for a few seconds. If i continue to experience little to no irritation, i will increase to using a pea sized amount of BP twice a day.

EMOTION WISE:

Feeling mentally exhausted. I am approaching my 30th birthday in less than 2 months and i feel as if i have devolved. My life is in turmoil and i don't know what steps to take. Worse still, I have not many people in my real life that i can speak with about how i feel. I feel alone even though i am surrounded with people. My biggest fear is not being able to come out of this self imposed prison . But i suppose all i can do is to keep on keeping onpopcorn.gif

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:36 pm

Day # 5

SKIN WISE:

I am not flaking so that's a good thing. My face feels tight but no flaking. I am also breaking out more and i KNOW FOR A FACT its the BP. I have 4 lip zits and they are grossangry.png (red, inflamed but no pus). I also have red bumps on both sides of my mouth area (notorious breakout spots for me). Not looking in mirrors help tremendously so i think i'll keep up with it. I had some burning after i applied moisturizer to the BP but it was for a few seconds. If i continue to experience little to no irritation, i will increase to using a pea sized amount of BP twice a day.

EMOTION WISE:

Feeling mentally exhausted. I am approaching my 30th birthday in less than 2 months and i feel as if i have devolved. My life is in turmoil and i don't know what steps to take. Worse still, I have not many people in my real life that i can speak with about how i feel. I feel alone even though i am surrounded with people. My biggest fear is not being able to come out of this self imposed prison . But i suppose all i can do is to keep on keeping onpopcorn.gif

Hey Sasch! Hopefully the breaking out is just the skin adjusting to the BP and obviously purging. I hope it doesn't last too long for you. Just keep your head up and keep the goal of clear, perfect skin in mind :)

I tend to try my best not to look in mirrors either..otherwise I can't stop. And when I do I just literally dwell at myself and at my skin about "how red the marks are...how bumpy my skin texture it...how HUGE that one spot of my forehead is...and more often than not...how ugly I am" Its a total guilty pleasure, its like I like to critisize myself, that bi*** inside me always gets out when I look in them. I tend to just avoid them for the most part unless I get something in my eye or that lol

2 months? So your a Cancerian too! What date is your birthday?

If you need to rant you can certainly do it on here to people who DO understand Sasch, I totally get what you mean though, it is hard to find people IRL to talk to about our feelings. Heck I even found my psycologist a pain and could not fully open up to her when I was seeing her. Try not bury your feelings deep down though, it could make you stressed out. Im going to try drawing again, I bought a new sketch book today and pencils and charchoal pencils to take it up again, Im hoping it takes my mind of things and maybe helps me to release my feelings you know? Why not try something like that?

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend. Hope to hear more of your updates!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:02 pm

Day # 5

SKIN WISE:

EMOTION WISE:

Hey Sasch! Hopefully the breaking out is just the skin adjusting to the BP and obviously purging. I hope it doesn't last too long for you. Just keep your head up and keep the goal of clear, perfect skin in mind smile.png

I tend to try my best not to look in mirrors either..otherwise I can't stop. And when I do I just literally dwell at myself and at my skin about "how red the marks are...how bumpy my skin texture it...how HUGE that one spot of my forehead is...and more often than not...how ugly I am" Its a total guilty pleasure, its like I like to critisize myself, that bi*** inside me always gets out when I look in them. I tend to just avoid them for the most part unless I get something in my eye or that lol

2 months? So your a Cancerian too! What date is your birthday?

If you need to rant you can certainly do it on here to people who DO understand Sasch, I totally get what you mean though, it is hard to find people IRL to talk to about our feelings. Heck I even found my psycologist a pain and could not fully open up to her when I was seeing her. Try not bury your feelings deep down though, it could make you stressed out. Im going to try drawing again, I bought a new sketch book today and pencils and charchoal pencils to take it up again, Im hoping it takes my mind of things and maybe helps me to release my feelings you know? Why not try something like that?

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend. Hope to hear more of your updates!

I so needed this pick me up today Stacey so thank you! I am July 22nd, so right on the cusp. What's your DOB? I know that as acne sufferers, we all know how it feels to not have people understand our plight so i am happy to have this website at my disposal. I just may PM you about my struggles so stay tuned. Drawing is so cool! You should post your work. I suck at art but i love to write and i do it on occasion but i should do it more frequently so.....

I'll try - you do the same and keep in touch!

Day # 6

Holy Hell! Who put the Habanero Pepper on my face! Man, that moisturizer burns the shit out of my face - not fun! At first, i liked it but now - not so much. Gonna stick with it till its done and because i don't want to add in any outside elements but i may have to change if my face doesn't adjust in time. I know that i should expect this but shit - it's still a surprise. Pimples are coming out left and right, especially on my chin and lip area (go away already). I'm already almost a week in and my face is already jacked up so i guess the only thing to do is keep going.

Wish i could hide forever!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 4:41 pm

Day # 7- End of week 1!

RECAP:

• face is dryer than a mutha- may have to look into jojobo oil
  • acne has eexploded on my chin and above my lip/mouth area: large red bumps, puss filled smaller bumps - definitely reminicent of my chin acne before accutane. I feel like crying.

Nothing positive to report except that i have minimal itching and rednesshuh.pnghuh.pnghuh.pnghuh.pnghuh.pnghuh.pnghuh.png

Starting tomorrow, i will be using a pea sized amount of BP twice per day

MemberMember
(@zalesyehotmail-com)

Posted : 05/03/2013 10:02 pm

Day # 6

Holy Hell! Who put the Habanero Pepper on my face! Man, that moisturizer burns the shit out of my face - not fun! At first, i liked it but now - not so much. Gonna stick with it till its done and because i don't want to add in any outside elements but i may have to change if my face doesn't adjust in time. I know that i should expect this but shit - it's still a surprise. Pimples are coming out left and right, especially on my chin and lip area (go away already). I'm already almost a week in and my face is already jacked up so i guess the only thing to do is keep going.

Wish i could hide forever!

This stuff still burns my face! Turns it red, too for a few minutes, but then subsides. I thought that was normal?

• acne has eexploded on my chin and above my lip/mouth area: large red bumps, puss filled smaller bumps - definitely reminicent of my chin acne before accutane. I feel like crying.

It is so hard seeing all this purging at first, I know exactly how you feel. You have got to keep going though. What if this really works for you? You'll never find out if you quit now. You can do it!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/04/2013 4:58 am

Thanks Momma! I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. I have NEVER quit a topical medicine before its given time and i don't plan to now. I guess i have to prepare myself mentally for this. The purging phase does suck but i guess all the gunk has to come up in order to go away. Reading your log has helped though as i can definitely see healing around your fourth week. Keep updating us. How are things this week so far?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/04/2013 7:31 am

Day # 8 - dryness is in full effect! My face looked like a mask after i washed it and i needed to do two applications of moisturizer to get it to look semi normal -sigh. I started BP in the am so we'll see how that works out. I noticed today that the acne under my chin is increasing and worsening even though i don't put BP there (small reddish bumps that look like the may get a white head soon). I developed these on accutane so i don't know if they are dryness bumps or what-so disgusting to look at. I may start using BP there since it is active acne. i ordered jojoba oil so i'll be incorporating it in my regimen when it arrives.

My acne is worse today than it was a week agoeusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 8:10 am

Day # 9.

Boy am i glad to be home today! Face is literally scaly and no amount of moisturizer is helping. I just put a 3rd application of moisturizer on and im not even bothering to rub it in - whats the point anyway. When i see people describe smooth skin on this regimen, i can't fathom what that must look or feel like. I'm not quitting yet though as i know i haven't given the regimen a fair shake yet. Good news is that my lip zits are going away and the acne that i have now is hidden in the dryness so instead of focusing on my acne, they can focus on my scales (sarcasm sarcasm -hint - hint)

MemberMember
(@zalesyehotmail-com)

Posted : 05/05/2013 12:25 pm

Sasch, the extreme dryness should start subsiding after 2 weeks or so. I was very scaly, too. I even used a gentle scrub in the shower once, just to get rid of some flakes... Couldn't stand it! I don't know if it will ever get 100% better :-/ I was reading some logs, where people were saying they still have dryness after 1.5 years...

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/05/2013 1:43 pm

I so needed this pick me up today Stacey so thank you! I am July 22nd, so right on the cusp. What's your DOB? I know that as acne sufferers, we all know how it feels to not have people understand our plight so i am happy to have this website at my disposal. I just may PM you about my struggles so stay tuned. Drawing is so cool! You should post your work. I suck at art but i love to write and i do it on occasion but i should do it more frequently so.....

Day # 9.

Boy am i glad to be home today! Face is literally scaly and no amount of moisturizer is helping. I just put a 3rd application of moisturizer on and im not even bothering to rub it in - whats the point anyway. When i see people describe smooth skin on this regimen, i can't fathom what that must look or feel like. I'm not quitting yet though as i know i haven't given the regimen a fair shake yet. Good news is that my lip zits are going away and the acne that i have now is hidden in the dryness so instead of focusing on my acne, they can focus on my scales (sarcasm sarcasm -hint - hint)

Evening dear :) Ah I see, you are on the cusp, your on the good end though because I like Leo's - very Loyal people and family oriented. My birthday is the 17th, bang near the middle. I am quite weird with horoscopes, I'm rally into knowing about characteristics and things of each sign.

I tell you I would not mind a wee PM from you at all, if you ever need an ear Im always hear - jeez that actually rhymed!

That sucks about the "scaly" ness of your skin, I know BP to be very dryingand I don't think I could handle it because I use NO moisturiser anyway. Thats only because Ive yet to find a really good one. Im using Azelaic Acid right now (Skinoren) I am seeing improvements. It is less harsh that BP and I would reccomend it if the BP does not work out - BUT I am sure it will help alot, the trick is patience. :)

Take care

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 1:58 pm

Sasch, the extreme dryness should start subsiding after 2 weeks or so. I was very scaly, too. I even used a gentle scrub in the shower once, just to get rid of some flakes... Couldn't stand it! I don't know if it will ever get 100% better :-/ I was reading some logs, where people were saying they still have dryness after 1.5 years...

Momma i sure hope so. The dry patches are yellow for God's sake. I can't wait for jojoba to get here so i can at least see if it will make a difference. What concerns me about the dryness is that i havent even reached the recommended bp dosage. If this continues, week 3 will not include upping my dosage.

>Day # 9.

Evening dear smile.png Ah I see, you are on the cusp, your on the good end though because I like Leo's - very Loyal people and family oriented. My birthday is the 17th, bang near the middle. I am quite weird with horoscopes, I'm rally into knowing about characteristics and things of each sign.

I tell you I would not mind a wee PM from you at all, if you ever need an ear Im always hear - jeez that actually rhymed!

That sucks about the "scaly" ness of your skin, I know BP to be very dryingand I don't think I could handle it because I use NO moisturiser anyway. Thats only because Ive yet to find a really good one. Im using Azelaic Acid right now (Skinoren) I am seeing improvements. It is less harsh that BP and I would reccomend it if the BP does not work out - BUT I am sure it will help alot, the trick is patience. smile.png

Take care

Well, i'll agree with you about Leo's. I am still considered a Cancer though. Glad to share the same sign with you!

Yeah, the scaliness sucks bad but i gotta keep on going. When i started retinoids, i experienced the same thing but i don't recall if it was this bad. once my jojoba gets here i can reevaluate. i was actually on Finacea which is Azelaic Acid and it was no good for my skin even after 3 months of use. Ahhhh, guess i'll just have to wait and see. i'm glad you are seeing improvement. Spiro will work for you - give it time!

I will def PM you and feel free to do the same to me. We all have to support each other whenever possible.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:00 pm

UPDATE:

I am stopping my morning application of the regimen moisturizer as it is turning my flakes yellow and very brightly so. I have neutrogenia for sensitive skin and even though i don't love it, it will hopefully keep me somewhat moisturized. i will still use Dan's moisturizer at night. When my jojoba oil arrives, i will try it with Dan's moisturizer. I can definitely see why people want to give up so soon. Maybe i should have waited for the summer to try this.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:37 pm

UPDATE:

I am stopping my morning application of the regimen moisturizer as it is turning my flakes yellow and very brightly so. I have neutrogenia for sensitive skin and even though i don't love it, it will hopefully keep me somewhat moisturized. i will still use Dan's moisturizer at night. When my jojoba oil arrives, i will try it with Dan's moisturizer. I can definitely see why people want to give up so soon. Maybe i should have waited for the summer to try this.

Don't give up! If you need a good moisturizer, I suggest Simple's Replenishing Rich moisturizer. That's what I use, and I think it's helping a lot. I'm almost at week two, and I'm getting a little flaky now, but that's more my fault. I'm getting lazy and allowing more things to irritate my face (like my boyfriend's stubble :P)

Also, don't go too crazy with switching things up. As with my experience, skin LOVES routine. Just hang in there and keep trudging on! Don't let acne win this battle, you are strong :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:55 pm

UPDATE:

Don't give up! If you need a good moisturizer, I suggest Simple's Replenishing Rich moisturizer. That's what I use, and I think it's helping a lot. I'm almost at week two, and I'm getting a little flaky now, but that's more my fault. I'm getting lazy and allowing more things to irritate my face (like my boyfriend's stubble tongue.png)

Also, don't go too crazy with switching things up. As with my experience, skin LOVES routine. Just hang in there and keep trudging on! Don't let acne win this battle, you are strong smile.png

Thanks hun, i appreciate it! I will keep that recommendation for a moisturizer written down. I am trying to stay consistent so hopefully things work out - neutrogenia is on dan's recommended list and i havent had an issue with it so far (fingers crossed). I have heard mixed things about jojoba oil so praying that it doesn't break me out. Just want this dryness to go away. You sound like you are doing well!!!! Keep it up!

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your skin is so dry and flaky confused.gif

I'm on day 1 and haven't experienced any dryness yet, might be bc I'm on a small dosage and I've always used bp to treat my acne.

I'm sure everything will get better with time though. Be strong smile.png don't give up yet!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your skin is so dry and flaky confused.gif

I'm on day 1 and haven't experienced any dryness yet, might be bc I'm on a small dosage and I've always used bp to treat my acne.

I'm sure everything will get better with time though. Be strong smile.png don't give up yet!

I know- the dryness snuck up on me too! I am only using a pea sized amount twice per day. I don't plan on upping the dosage till this flaking is under control. I ordered jojoba oil so as soon as it arrives i'll give it a go. I'll stay strong, especially due to all the support i have. We all seemed to be starting around the same time so hoping for some common success amongst us. You should start a log (not sure if your previous post is the beginning of one) as it will help you track progress.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@amazon-princess)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:55 pm

Did you get the one made by Dan? I think I might get some I just don't know what brand. I'm going to be looking at your log everyday so you have my support :)

Yes, the one I started will be my log from now on. It's weird that we all just started but at least we're going through this together, I'm just glad that I'm not alone :)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 05/05/2013 6:34 pm

UPDATE:

Hang in there, Sasch. Sorry to hear about the flaking problems. Hopefully when your jojoba oil arrives that will help out a lot with the dryness, most people on this site swear by the jojoba oil. I picked up a bottle today too at GNC just to be prepared for when I start next week. Question for you: During your first week, did you only use the BP as a nightly thing? I'm wondering if I should apply both daily and nightly as the Regimen says to do normally, of if I should kinda get my face used to the process gradually by just skipping the BP portion during my daily facial cleanse.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/06/2013 3:50 am

UPDATE:

Hang in there, Sasch. Sorry to hear about the flaking problems. Hopefully when your jojoba oil arrives that will help out a lot with the dryness, most people on this site swear by the jojoba oil. I picked up a bottle today too at GNC just to be prepared for when I start next week. Question for you: During your first week, did you only use the BP as a nightly thing? I'm wondering if I should apply both daily and nightly as the Regimen says to do normally, of if I should kinda get my face used to the process gradually by just skipping the BP portion during my daily facial cleanse.

Hi there! I know the question is directed to Sasch, but just my two cents on the matter. Go slowly on the BP!! I can't stress that enough for new regimen users. When I started I was fearless and doing the whole finger full of BP twice a day AND using 5% BP...it was terrible. I switched to 2.5% a little after a week and it felt like my face was botoxed to death. It was hard to make any sort of facial expression and it was painful too. Even yawning was kind of out of the question. Hahaha. It seems funny to me now, but during the first few weeks, it really want pretty. So go slow. Once a day with a small amount and do a slow gradual ramp up to the full amount.

Good luck! :)