Notifications
Clear all

26 Year Old Girl Post Bcp Regimen Log

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/06/2012 8:18 pm

OK computer is low battery so this will be a fast one.

3 WEEKS COMPLETED

• Skin is less itchy and irritated but:
  • I broke out like a mad person yesterday after I had to pile on makeup the night before
  • This has led me to identify my makeup as a probable culprit for my breakouts (was using Toleriane compact foundation from La Roche Posay + Lancome Oscillation as Cover FX was no lonnger an option on dry reptilian-like skin)
  • I therefore switched to Almay and figured out how to apply it (the lightest shade works really well with my tone)
  • I put ALL my old makeup away (including foundations, concealers, bronzers, powders and blushes) as to not ever be tempted to put any of that crap on my face ever again. I HATE makeup companies that put all that junk in their formulas and cause us to suffer! HATE THEM!

Let's see what happens now that I have switched makeup brands. I'm excited to see if this is going to help.

FINGERS CROSSED!

OK I'm off to go do the night time regimen

Cheers,

Mystory

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/08/2012 10:29 am

I really hope that not using that makeup with help you get better and faster results now! And yeah I have all my old makeup in a shoebox right now. I know I need to throw it all away because I was into every foundation and every concealor, without even realizing the amount of damage that they could cause on my skin. So so so much money spent on garbage makeup...ugh...it is kind of upsetting. And it is worse that the companies manufacturing this stuff knows that this staff is complete garbage, but if they can get a profit it is worth us all suffering.saywhat.gif I am going to go through all my makeup and throw away most of it, and just keep things simple.

I hope that everything get better for you. You don't deserve to suffer. We are going to finish together! hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/08/2012 7:27 pm

Day 23

Although my face is not technically better, I do feel a weird sense of zen today.

I feel very optimistic about my makeup switch and like I'm getting closer and closer to resolving the puzzle that is my acne :)

Now I still have like 10 actives right now which emerged after that horrible makeup day. It's going to take at least 5 days for those to die out and then we can see if things are looking up. I have to be patient for the next few days. :)

I really hope that not using that makeup with help you get better and faster results now! And yeah I have all my old makeup in a shoebox right now. I know I need to throw it all away because I was into every foundation and every concealor, without even realizing the amount of damage that they could cause on my skin. So so so much money spent on garbage makeup...ugh...it is kind of upsetting. And it is worse that the companies manufacturing this stuff knows that this staff is complete garbage, but if they can get a profit it is worth us all suffering.saywhat.gif I am going to go through all my makeup and throw away most of it, and just keep things simple.

I hope that everything get better for you. You don't deserve to suffer. We are going to finish together! hifive.gif

Yes we are gonna get through this together and celebrate once we are clear! :) You have an awesome attitude!

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/09/2012 6:41 pm

Day 24

• Zen feeling persisting. My face still looks like crap after the makeup outbreak but yesterday it was painful and today it's more comfortable.
  • I've ramped up the BP dosage at night to a finger's length and have started applying a thin layer of BP in the morning as well.
  • My face is peeling and flaking like CRAZYYYYY! When does this stop?
  • I love the almay smart shade foundation, it really lets my face breathe. And haven't broken out from it yet.
  • Oh and I just received my aha bottle but I will not attemps to use it just yet. I want my skin to be good before I throw more chemicals on it.

Patience is a virtue :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/09/2012 8:24 pm

Well for me it stopped once about 2 weeks after I stopped increasing the BP and stayed completely consistent with it using the same every morning and night :)

MemberMember
(@lovebug77)

Posted : 08/10/2012 12:12 am

Hi Mystory,

I am a newbie to the boards (longtime lurker, new poster) and last year I started getting cystic acne. I thought it might be because I got off the pill 8 months before (8 months is a long time but I was on the pill for 13 years-I'm 34). I stopped the pill in the past and got a few cysts, so I thought it was the culprit. Well, I couldn't take it anymore and I got back ON the pill and have been on for 4 months and my cystic acne is still hereneutral.gif . I have tried dermatologist treatments, clindamycin, nicazel, tea tree oil, ACV and many other things. I have been on the regimen since June (8 weeks) and am hoping this is going to be what does it for me. I am praying SO HARDeusa_pray.gif because I am out of options (unable to take Accutane due to other health issues). Anyway, I hope this works for all of us. I wish you success and I will be following this topic. Keep us posted.

(((HUGS)))

MemberMember
(@amanda-renea)

Posted : 08/10/2012 2:34 am

Hey Girls,

Thanks SOOO much for the update and keeping us posted in this. I just heard about Dan's regimen and I was curious if it would work with hormonal acne, due to going off birth control pills. Mystory, thanks for sharing, I'll be checking back to see what happens with it. For now i'll just stick to the natural remedies i'm trying, but if they don't work i'll see what I can do about buying Dan's regimen.

Praying for ya'll as you deal with this, it is terrible!

Amanda

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/11/2012 7:24 am

Hi Mystory,

I am a newbie to the boards (longtime lurker, new poster) and last year I started getting cystic acne. I thought it might be because I got off the pill 8 months before (8 months is a long time but I was on the pill for 13 years-I'm 34). I stopped the pill in the past and got a few cysts, so I thought it was the culprit. Well, I couldn't take it anymore and I got back ON the pill and have been on for 4 months and my cystic acne is still hereneutral.gif . I have tried dermatologist treatments, clindamycin, nicazel, tea tree oil, ACV and many other things. I have been on the regimen since June (8 weeks) and am hoping this is going to be what does it for me. I am praying SO HARDeusa_pray.gif because I am out of options (unable to take Accutane due to other health issues). Anyway, I hope this works for all of us. I wish you success and I will be following this topic. Keep us posted.

(((HUGS)))

Hi Lovebug77!

First I'd like to thank you for the reply. It is so encouraging to see that people are actually reading my log!

When I would stop/start again the pill, it would always take a few months for my body to adjust. Are you taking the same pill as before?

If it worked before it will probably work now as well.

Are you doing exactly the DKR twice a day? I'm curious to hear more about how this is going. Are you still experiencing dry, flaky skin?

As for Accutane, I would rather live with my problem than take this drug. It really freaks me out...

Thank you for all the kind words, I wish you get clear fast!

*hugs*

Mystory

Hey Girls,

Thanks SOOO much for the update and keeping us posted in this. I just heard about Dan's regimen and I was curious if it would work with hormonal acne, due to going off birth control pills. Mystory, thanks for sharing, I'll be checking back to see what happens with it. For now i'll just stick to the natural remedies i'm trying, but if they don't work i'll see what I can do about buying Dan's regimen.

Praying for ya'll as you deal with this, it is terrible!

Amanda

Hi Amanda! Thanks for writting smile.png means a lot to hear words of encouragement at this stage!

Are you currently on any birth control pills?

The reason why I started this log is to demonstrate whether the DKR would work on girls who got off the BCP.

After hours and hours of research on the internet, I realised SO many girls are suffering from acne which was triggered by getting off the pill. Most of them have no clue how to solve it.

Very few girls reported solving there issue by a) waiting 1-2 years for hormones to stabilize b) taking evening primrose oil or c) taking anti-androgens (spiro or natural ones like agnus cactus or vitex)

Well, I tried the evening primrose oil and it made my acne worse. So I stopped it.

I'm not willing to take more anti-androgens, natural or not. (the BCP I was taking was a strong anti-androgen).

I'm willing to wait 2 years but in the mean time, what do I do? These should be the best years of my life. Do I spend them hiding in my room?

So after a lot of research and trying so many things (pro-biotics/ diets/ cleanses... blablabla) I decided to try the DKR while maintaining a healthy diet. The diet alone will NOT control your acne if it is hormonal and triggered by stopping the pill. Unfortunately.

This log, I hope, will serve as an answer to all the hopeless ladies out there who have quit the pill and don't know what else to do.

Let's hope it works, for all of us!!!

Well for me it stopped once about 2 weeks after I stopped increasing the BP and stayed completely consistent with it using the same every morning and night smile.png

Thanks girl! ahh I can't wait for the dryness to stop smile.png

Quick Update for today: nothing new to report. So the update would be like a copy/paste from my last post smile.png

Have a great day!!!

Mystory

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/11/2012 8:48 am

NEW PICS ADDED! Please let me know what you think.

[b] http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/46910-acneorg-day-26-before-and-after/

MemberMember
(@lovebug77)

Posted : 08/11/2012 11:35 am

I am taking the same pill and am doing the regimen twice a day. My skin has adjusted to the BP and is not flakey, as long as I use the jojoba oil with it (5 drops with each application of moisturizer). I am on my 8TH week and am having my ups and downs but this is to be expected. I am going to keep it up and will keep you posted. Your updates are good, of course we're reading themgrinwink.gifI am going to add you as my friend...Hang in there, we can do this!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/12/2012 8:31 am

Your pictures comparison looked great by the way smile.png

You are getting good results, and there is improvement whether you see them or not!rolleyes.gif

***And also aren't you happy that you posted the picture? The comments do really keep you going!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@amanda-renea)

Posted : 08/13/2012 3:59 am

Hey Mystory,

Amanda here, yes I am off BCP now and have been for two months. The first month was fine, the second month was when the acne showed up, grrrr. Of course the nurse at my OBGYN told me if I wanted to clear this up just to go back on the pill (hello, there is a reason I got off it in the first place). My period has returned, yet my face and also my right arm have cystic acne. I have been taking vitamins, putting coconut oil on my face every night and also drinking ACV. Today I seemed to notice my cysts have lessoned, as if there is nothing inside most of them, but the discoloration on my skin is horrible. Who knows if it is actually going away. Is there a reason you didn't want to take the natural hormones? I'm so sorry that the evening primose oil didn't work for you.

Also, I checked out your pictures and I do see an improvement! Keep it up girl!

It makes me so mad that physicians don't tell you about these side affects of going off the pill - that is not right!

Keep your updates coming!

Amanda

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 03/16/2013 10:58 am

UPDATE LONG OVER DUE!!!

Hi everyone,

I've come back to update.

I've seen that thereisalwayshope is doing great, and that warms my heart.

Unfortunately for me, the regimen did not work.

Here's why: my skin is way too sensitive and even weeks into it, it was read and peeling and it seemed to have aggravated my acne by irritating my skin.

I have to say though that I love the cleanser and the moisturizer (which I use as a body and hand lotion) and have re-purchased many times. However BP is simply not the solution for me.

I'm still looking for a cure or long term treatment and believe me, when I find it I will DOCUMENT IT for everyone here.

I'm approaching my issue with a holistic approach now, how to fix the inside to get better on the outside.

Topicals simply do not work for me.

I'm not going to lie, I've even considered accutane at this point, but have decided that I will NOT give in to that after researching the terrible life-altering damages that go along with it.

My next step is to get blood work done to try and understand what is wrong on the inside.

I will be back when I have it figured out. I promise.

Sending you all my support.

Mystory XO

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 05/12/2013 4:59 pm

UPDATE LONG OVER DUE!!!

Hi everyone,

I've come back to update.

I've seen that thereisalwayshope is doing great, and that warms my heart.

Unfortunately for me, the regimen did not work.

Here's why: my skin is way too sensitive and even weeks into it, it was read and peeling and it seemed to have aggravated my acne by irritating my skin.

I have to say though that I love the cleanser and the moisturizer (which I use as a body and hand lotion) and have re-purchased many times. However BP is simply not the solution for me.

I'm still looking for a cure or long term treatment and believe me, when I find it I will DOCUMENT IT for everyone here.

I'm approaching my issue with a holistic approach now, how to fix the inside to get better on the outside.

Topicals simply do not work for me.

I'm not going to lie, I've even considered accutane at this point, but have decided that I will NOT give in to that after researching the terrible life-altering damages that go along with it.

My next step is to get blood work done to try and understand what is wrong on the inside.

I will be back when I have it figured out. I promise.

Sending you all my support.

Mystory XO

At least you came back to us ;)

Let us know about your journey, I may be clear, but I started this journey with you and would be happier if you could also be clear along with me because i know you are an amazing person :)