Notifications
Clear all

26 Year Old Girl Post Bcp Regimen Log

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/26/2012 6:38 pm

Day 11

• 3 more breakouts since last night
  • Old resilient acne spots are decreasing nut I have new spots replacing them... yay
  • Skin looks disgusting, dry and reptilian like
  • Last night my skin was SO itchy ... Clara my face is not "burning" anymore but it itches

So far I'm not liking this at all. I decided I will tough it out for 3 weeks but after 3 weeks if I am still breaking out I will stop because it is not worth the horrible damage being done on my face. Of course this wasn't going to work for me... obviously sad.png

*sigh*

Yeah the burning has also disappeared, but now I am feeling soooo itchy!

And please you need to be in the right state of mind to continue this regimen. You can't keep thinking about all these breakouts even though they are all the time just like mine. If you quit this regimen, what is next?

And also you would be quitting way to soon.

If you quit, and come back to the site 2 months later to see mine and Clara's skin 80% percent clear, you are going to regret it :(

Trust me I am probably getting like a pimples every 3 hours or so and it sucks so bad but I am not going to let acne win again.

You have many supporters here for you. I am here for you. We can get through this, and in time, we WILL have clear skin :) Stay with it.

Be patient. Because there is always hope.

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/26/2012 6:42 pm

Day 11

• 3 more breakouts since last night
  • Old resilient acne spots are decreasing nut I have new spots replacing them... yay
  • Skin looks disgusting, dry and reptilian like
  • Last night my skin was SO itchy ... Clara my face is not "burning" anymore but it itches

So far I'm not liking this at all. I decided I will tough it out for 3 weeks but after 3 weeks if I am still breaking out I will stop because it is not worth the horrible damage being done on my face. Of course this wasn't going to work for me... obviously sad.png

*sigh*

Yeah the burning has also disappeared, but now I am feeling soooo itchy!

And please you need to be in the right state of mind to continue this regimen. You can't keep thinking about all these breakouts even though they are all the time just like mine. If you quit this regimen, what is next?

And also you would be quitting way to soon.

If you quit, and come back to the site 2 months later to see mine and Clara's skin 80% percent clear, you are going to regret it sad.png

Trust me I am probably getting like a pimples every 3 hours or so and it sucks so bad but I am not going to let acne win again.

You have many supporters here for you. I am here for you. We can get through this, and in time, we WILL have clear skin smile.png Stay with it.

Be patient. Because there is always hope.

Thank you so much girl, your words are encouragement are really helping me. I'm not quiting just yet, and you're right, I have to be more positive. Or at least not freak out about new breakouts in the next few days because I should expect that. I think it's all about expectation. I had no breakouts for the first 6 days so I was really pumped up... and then I started "purging" and that was a huge disapointement. I'll try to keep busy and not think about the new spots.

*Hugs*

Mystory

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/26/2012 6:51 pm

Yup same with me. Had a wonderful first week and now----Gross.

Also can I also add, if you are using the BP as a spot treatment, then the other areas that do not have pimples can then get pimples. Because the BP does prevent pimples after a certain amount of time, but if you are not putting this everywhere ( well for me it is everywhere because I am acne everywhere practically) then you can expect a breakout there. BP does prevent breakouts eventually but it has to constantly applies there morning and night. Maybe apply a thin layer even where you do not have pimples now? So that there is NO chance of it breaking out after you get clearer skin.

Do you know what I mean? Or am I just confusing you haha. Sorry.

And right now I hate putting on the regimen! I used to like doing it too haha but now with so many pimples on my face it hurts even putting it on. Bleh.

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/26/2012 8:52 pm

Yup same with me. Had a wonderful first week and now----Gross.

Also can I also add, if you are using the BP as a spot treatment, then the other areas that do not have pimples can then get pimples. Because the BP does prevent pimples after a certain amount of time, but if you are not putting this everywhere ( well for me it is everywhere because I am acne everywhere practically) then you can expect a breakout there. BP does prevent breakouts eventually but it has to constantly applies there morning and night. Maybe apply a thin layer even where you do not have pimples now? So that there is NO chance of it breaking out after you get clearer skin.

Do you know what I mean? Or am I just confusing you haha. Sorry.

And right now I hate putting on the regimen! I used to like doing it too haha but now with so many pimples on my face it hurts even putting it on. Bleh.

Yup I totally agree, I hate it too. I liked it at first and now it's just gross... I just applied the BP waiting for it to dry in order to apply moisturizer. It itches so bad! And every time I touch my skin, chunks of flakies fall off... ewww.

I know what you mean about applying it twice a day, but I'm going to stick to doing it once for the time being. We'll see.

I can't belive it's alread been 11 days! Feels like I started this 3 days ago. Weird how time flies. Let's hope the next week flies just as fast and I'm on my way to clear skin!

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/26/2012 8:59 pm

Yup I just put it on, sooo time consuming these days. For me it is going to be 2 weeks tomorrow! And yes the itching is so annoying. I sometimes find myself just grazing my skin my my finger and then i just flaking and itching like crazy haha. Ugh. I start back to the university in less than a month now so I am praying the itching will get a little better. I just looked at myself in the mirror and I am red. I looks like I have a sunburn when I am done applying everything on my face. These next weeks are going to be the most difficult I think. I need to keep a positive mind set before I completely lose it haha.

Okay well I will update tomorrow :)

Goodnight mystory.

Talk more tomorrow!

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/28/2012 10:07 am

Morning of Day 13

• The regimen seems to be more bearable, less itchy. However, keep in mind I am only using the treatment once a day.
  • No new breakouts since last night. Right now I have :
    • 4 active pimples on left side of the face but not painful anymore
    • A small clutter of active pimples on right side of face (about 4 - no longer painful) + 2 tiny ones around the jaw
    • Lots and lots of red traces

[*]Skin still feels really tight, and yesterday when looking at my pictures I looked terrible.

[*]Although it appears to be improving, I am still really afraid to start breaking out again like last week. So I am not keeping my hopes up just yet. But trying to stay positive.

Yup I just put it on, sooo time consuming these days. For me it is going to be 2 weeks tomorrow! And yes the itching is so annoying. I sometimes find myself just grazing my skin my my finger and then i just flaking and itching like crazy haha. Ugh. I start back to the university in less than a month now so I am praying the itching will get a little better. I just looked at myself in the mirror and I am red. I looks like I have a sunburn when I am done applying everything on my face. These next weeks are going to be the most difficult I think. I need to keep a positive mind set before I completely lose it haha.

Okay well I will update tomorrow smile.png

Goodnight mystory.

Talk more tomorrow!

Congrats on the two week mark!!! And me too it looks like I have a sunburn. Good thing it's summer and we can prentend smile.png

You're starting university in less than a month and I have a big trip coming up, we need to get this under control quick! Let's keep it up smile.png

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/28/2012 10:17 am

I know! I know! My face feels a little better this morning compared to the last few days. Thank goodness for that.

And yes! I do not want to start the University again and look like pizza face, and you do not want to o on vacation like that either, so come on Regimen :)

My itchiness is also going away, it is mostly the redness that looks bad, and is also making all my other pimple look more imfammed than they might actually be because of that. I can't wait till my face get a little more adjusted to the BP! I hope to update a picture soon, but it was just that I was breaking out so bad so I could not :(

Lets hope things go better this week :)

I am so happy that you saw a little improvement today :) Just do not be upset if things get a little worse again. I am expecting more breakouts for me though :/

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 07/28/2012 2:51 pm

Yeah I've been telling everyone I had a bad reaction from my suncream and that's why I'm burnt and spotty...sorry Garnier haha

But yeah I'm with you guys on the itchiness, it's crazyyy bad! Just thought I'd mention I'm on day 10 today and my face is freaking out. It's scaly, full of pussy whiteheads and just generally looking gross- so you're not alone guys! I'm hopeful that things will improve for all of us, especially because we seem to be matching the 'what to expect' bit. Anyway yeah, thanks for posting this- it's nice to have yet another source to relate to :) We can do it!

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/29/2012 1:49 pm

Hi guys,

Very quick update today, since I'm in a bit of a rush. Will post more details tomorrow.

• Feels like 1 step forward, 3 steps back today.
  • 1 new pimple on right side, 1 new pimple on left side
  • Woke up with really red face/marks
  • Had lots of deserts and wine last night, is that to blame?
  • Changed my concealer to LaRochePosay as Cover FX is difficult to apply. I think that might have broken me out.

Clara and TIAH I really appreciate your support, let's keep it up ladies.

TTYL,

MS

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/29/2012 3:44 pm

Yup! We are not going anywhere, I am sorry :) My face is not looking too great but we will keep moving forward. I am still waking up to new actives every day, but my face is not red anymore and also much less dry and flaky, which is a huge plus right now haha. Anyway more updates tomorrow!

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/30/2012 5:29 pm

TWO WEEKS COMPLETED

• 2 new breakouts today, one deep one on my chin. Yay
  • Skin still very dry but less flaky
  • Bumps on right side of cheek have significantly flattened out but got new bumps on left side.
  • Sincerely

Mystory

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/30/2012 7:39 pm

I am still breaking out everyday with no sign of it stopping. I asked some people who have been on the Regimen to give me a timeline that is more realistic that Dan's What To Expect Timeline and here is what some said. I hope this give us a little more patience. smile.png

"don't get your hopes up looking at Dan's What to Expect timeline.

for most people:

-initial breakouts and the worst of them happened between weeks 3 to 6

-smaller breakouts still happen during 7-12

-your optimal results will show after 12 weeks of use. "

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/30/2012 8:51 pm

I am still breaking out everyday with no sign of it stopping. I asked some people who have been on the Regimen to give me a timeline that is more realistic that Dan's What To Expect Timeline and here is what some said. I hope this give us a little more patience. smile.png

"don't get your hopes up looking at Dan's What to Expect timeline.

for most people:

-initial breakouts and the worst of them happened between weeks 3 to 6

-smaller breakouts still happen during 7-12

-your optimal results will show after 12 weeks of use. "

Thanks it just feels like a looong road. I guess in my head I was expecting to clear up in 2-3 weeks, and now I have to change my expectations.

Part of me still wants to believe I will magically clear out this week. I tend to be a little irrational when it comes to skin cures. :(

I wanted to mention that I really think drinking alcohol and eating desserts (i.e. sugar) has an almost immediate negative effect on my skin.

Why do I say that? I appear to break out the worst on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. Following the weekend. Skin seems to improve Thurday, Friday. After which I start drinking again on saturday, etc... So I never give my skin a full break. I want to try completely cutting sugar + alcohol and see if there is a correlation with my breakouts.

I just think my system can't process all the toxic stuff and my body breaks out to try and get rid of the toxins.

It's just so terribly hard for me not to drink socially, example, what do you do at a wedding when everyone else is tipsy?

I just have to try really hard and see what happens

I'm adding this to my regimen!

Cheers

Mystory

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/30/2012 9:46 pm

I do not know. For me I have tried cutting out all dairy for months and there was no difference so I reintroduced it back onto my diet. My acne stayed consistently bad. Right now I am eating pretty healthy, but I tend to eat whatever I want in moderation of course. I do not know how dairy, sugar, and drinks affect my acne because I never see any results after cutting them out :/ I think as long as you keep things in moderation, you have nothing to worry about right now. However, if you feel they are contributing to your acne, then stop consuming them, and listen to your body.

And definitely, we have to start changing our expectations. We want results FAST! We want that CURE! But we have to be more realistic and understand that it is going to be a while before we begin to see positive results. I am just staying the course and continue everything I m doing. Thankfully my face is no longer dry and flaky whatsoever, even after being on the full dose. I am glad I am on the full dose of BP, but there was about 3-4days that were sooo completely terrible because they made my face red in pain, and completely dry and flaky. My face is completely crazy right now. Pimples galore at Day 17. I am keeping busy so that I am not focusing solely on my face haha :)

So once you get to that full BP, expect some bad conditions in your skin until after about a week, then things will be smooth.

I ordered some more BP because I know I am going through that stuff like crazy haha. Also what are you doing about SPF? Are you using it while you are on the regimen?

Anyway more updates tomorrow :)

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 07/30/2012 9:51 pm

So once you get to that full BP, expect some bad conditions in your skin until after about a week, then things will be smooth.

I ordered some more BP because I know I am going through that stuff like crazy haha. Also what are you doing about SPF? Are you using it while you are on the regimen?

No SPF right now as I barely go in the sun, I don't know what I will do once I will need it. I've had such terrible experiences with SPF in the past I don't want to make my acne worse. Are you using any?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 07/30/2012 9:58 pm

No SPF right now as I barely go in the sun, I don't know what I will do once I will need it. I've had such terrible experiences with SPF in the past I don't want to make my acne worse. Are you using any?

Check out my topics and see some of the answers people have given me in terms of when to expect results with the regimen.

I am also not using anything right now. However I did find a new one! It is Nutrogena Breakout Free sunscreen! And it is for acne prone skin and has been tested not to breakout you out. So once I am clear or clear enough I am going to start using it! Check it out!

And it dries and is matte so your skin is not slimy! I want to use it soon!

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 07/31/2012 7:48 am

Hmm I'm with you on the sugar thing, I have some days where I'm super bad and just eat cookies and within a few days my forehead breaks out. When I'm sick and just eat vegetable soup and crackers my skin actually clears up loads...might try cutting it out too! How's that going for you? Are you having withdrawal symptoms? I have such a sweet tooth I don't think I'll be able to give it up haaha

MemberMember
(@joeyicecream)

Posted : 08/02/2012 8:56 pm

hi girls i just wanted to stop by say hello and share my experience on the regime with you. I had moderate to severe acne and tried basically everything, nothing worked. I went to the doctor to get a prescription for accutane he booked an appointment for me for the following week and told me to do some research on accutane. I was directed to this site by google, after reading a bunch of reviews on accutane as well as doing alot of research on dans regime I decided to hold off on accutane and give this regime a six month shot. No matter what happened i was going to stick it out six months. My complexion right now is basically perfect but the road to get here was so tough and so long. The first couple months on the regime was hell. My skin was red, purging, irritated, super dry and of course itchy. I wanted to quit so badly like SOOO BADLY but i just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was going to work. After 3 months of the regime i could see alot of improvement in the fight against acne, my skin was still red and dry but there was definite improvment in that department as well. At the four to five month mark my skin was around 85 -95 % clear of acne ( my skin was really looking alot better). At five months i had no more redness but i still did have a minor bit of flakes during the day ( id carry an extra bottle of dans moisturizer in my back pack at school and usually put on like half a pump of moisturizer on half way through the day). After 6 months i was 100% clear with minor pimples every now and than. On my eighth month anniversary i remember getting up and looking in the mirror and in my opinion having perfect complexion. I thank myself everyday i stuck the regime out, the first bit of the regime was hell, an emotional rollercoaster but looking back it was so worth it. I wish i lived in san fransico just so i could run into dan, give him a big hug and say thank you.

Some tips that i picked up along the way

- Stop analyzing your face in the mirror like every hour hoping for an improvement it doesnt help matters or speed up the process.

- DO your best to not let your acne consume your mind all hours of the day. Read, listen to music, watch a movie, go for a run or like a million other things

- When i worked out i like to do it at night so after my work out i would wash my face and do the rest of the regime. I do not like to having sweat on my face for a long time.

- Fresh air, exercise, blanced diet, enough sleep, staying stress free as much as possible all help in getting clear and staying clear along with using the regime.

I really hope the regime works for you girls as well as it has worked for me.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/02/2012 9:28 pm

hi girls i just wanted to stop by say hello and share my experience on the regime with you. I had moderate to severe acne and tried basically everything, nothing worked. I went to the doctor to get a prescription for accutane he booked an appointment for me for the following week and told me to do some research on accutane. I was directed to this site by google, after reading a bunch of reviews on accutane as well as doing alot of research on dans regime I decided to hold off on accutane and give this regime a six month shot. No matter what happened i was going to stick it out six months. My complexion right now is basically perfect but the road to get here was so tough and so long. The first couple months on the regime was hell. My skin was red, purging, irritated, super dry and of course itchy. I wanted to quit so badly like SOOO BADLY but i just had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was going to work. After 3 months of the regime i could see alot of improvement in the fight against acne, my skin was still red and dry but there was definite improvment in that department as well. At the four to five month mark my skin was around 85 -95 % clear of acne ( my skin was really looking alot better). At five months i had no more redness but i still did have a minor bit of flakes during the day ( id carry an extra bottle of dans moisturizer in my back pack at school and usually put on like half a pump of moisturizer on half way through the day). After 6 months i was 100% clear with minor pimples every now and than. On my eighth month anniversary i remember getting up and looking in the mirror and in my opinion having perfect complexion. I thank myself everyday i stuck the regime out, the first bit of the regime was hell, an emotional rollercoaster but looking back it was so worth it. I wish i lived in san fransico just so i could run into dan, give him a big hug and say thank you.

- Stop analyzing your face in the mirror like every hour hoping for an improvement it doesnt help matters or speed up the process.

- DO your best to not let your acne consume your mind all hours of the day. Read, listen to music, watch a movie, go for a run or like a million other things

- When i worked out i like to do it at night so after my work out i would wash my face and do the rest of the regime. I do not like to having sweat on my face for a long time.

- Fresh air, exercise, blanced diet, enough sleep, staying stress free as much as possible all help in getting clear and staying clear along with using the regime.

Thank you so much for all your advise. I am so happy that The Regimen worked so great for you smile.png

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/02/2012 10:03 pm

Thank you so so much for sharing your story with us and taking the time to write it out.

It really gives me hope :)

It's just crazy that the skin takes so long to get used to BP... I'm scared to be damaging my skin in the mean time. Did you experience any wrinkles or drastic change in your "good" skin's appearance?

Also so sorry I've been MIA. I decided to stop taking pics of my skin on a daily basis as I kept zooming in on my problem areas and freaking out.

Here's my update: Day 18 (I think)

Left side: 1 new pimple 2 days ago and it dried out really fast

Right side: bumpy horrible area on cheek is less bumpy and less painful however still looks horrible. Also, I got 3 new pimples on the right between yesterday and today.

Overall skin: really dry and uncomfortable still. Still itchy and very flaky. I'm having a VERY hard time with makeup which makes me look like a reptile.

That's all for now folks

Goodnight

MS

MemberMember
(@joeyicecream)

Posted : 08/03/2012 4:31 pm

i have been on the regime for almost two years and no wrinkles or aging. My skin has definitely not been damaged at all by being on the regime for a long time.

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/03/2012 7:55 pm

How is your skin doing? Mine as expected haha has had another bad breakout. Oh well. :)

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/03/2012 9:31 pm

I posted a picture!!!! UGH! haha. even though my skin is breaking out like crazy.

MemberMember
(@mystory)

Posted : 08/05/2012 10:55 am

How is your skin doing? Mine as expected haha has had another bad breakout. Oh well. smile.png

Yup new breakouts today... I think my makeup is causing this to be honest.

I have to find new makeup which won't break me out. Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 08/05/2012 11:01 am

How is your skin doing? Mine as expected haha has had another bad breakout. Oh well. smile.png

Yup new breakouts today... I think my makeup is causing this to be honest.

I have to find new makeup which won't break me out. Any suggestions?

Yes! I wrote to your about it on your topic!

It is made for acne prone and sensitive skin!