Notifications
Clear all

Curiosity finally got the moderator...

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/19/2010 12:23 pm

Day 17

Well I am officially back home for a month (in West Virginia) and this cold and dry weather has made my skin a bit drier than usual. My skin isn't anywhere near clear but it is slowly improving I think.

Just gotta keep truckin' with it...we all can do it. ^_^

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/20/2010 12:58 am

Day 18

Not feeling so great about my face today. I will post pictures soon...

I use only ONE pump of BP and my skin is flaky but even more so...it is super sensitive and even hurts. I know that has to do with some of my acne but even so, it is red and sensitive. Looks rather bad right now.

Is this just part of the process of my skin adapting to the bp? I use the moisturizer and jojoba oil as much as possible. Just a bit frustrating...

Smile everyone, it's almost Christmas!

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 12/20/2010 1:44 am

Stick with it. Your skin's still adjusting. ; )

MemberMember
(@accushame)

Posted : 12/21/2010 10:56 pm

Hey! This is my 3rd day on the regimen, and I can officially say I am a loooobbbsterrr! After I put on my moisturizer tonight, it burnt and stung so bad I wanted to cry lol. I'm using Panoxyl 2.5% gel which has alcohol in it until I get Dan's stuff in the mail! Hopefully Dan's BP is better and doesn't make my face feel like it's on fire! It's okay tho, I'll tell everyone I just got back from Cuba ;) .. I think I'll start using a bit less starting tomorrow..

PS i absolutely LOVE how positive you are.. very inspiring :) thank you!!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/22/2010 2:21 pm

Day 20

So I am home for the holidays and wow...my mom has already mentioned my skin. She is like...why is it so red?! Maybe you need to wash with only water! *freaks out over state of my skin* Whoa...calm down there. Patience is needed.

I haven't posted pictures in a while, so for your enjoyment:

I still can't tell what is red marks and what is active acne yet...only a couple more months to go to see full results. =)

c'est - thanks dear!

accushamel - Aw I hope your skin starts to calm down soon...don't worry about it though. Mine still hasn't and it's almost 3 weeks in. It can take up to 4 weeks. I am still going to stay with one pump of BP for a while yet. It's just too much for me.

And being positive gets easier and easier the more you do it. Try it out. ;)

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/24/2010 12:23 am

Day 22

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE all! I adore you all and hope your day is fill of festive joy!

My skin is...iffy. Some days it is very red, other days more tiny pimples, and others, it seems to heal.

Only time will tell. Hang in there everyone. ^_^

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/24/2010 5:09 pm

Oh wow, Candice, I totally missed this for some reason. Good luck with the regimen, I love your attitude! Merry Christmas to you, too

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/25/2010 1:12 am

Day 23

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

Nothing new happening with my skin...I hope everybody has a magical, joyful day. =)

AKL...and a verrrry merry christmas to you my friend.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/26/2010 2:20 pm

Day 24

So my entire face is still red...noticably so. In others experience, how long does it take to stop having noticeably red skin?

Other than that, I think my acne is slowly going away....but my face just feels sort of dry and raw. I still only use one pump of BP. Should I go down to a smaller dose?

Hope everybody is having a great 26th! =)

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/27/2010 12:53 pm

Day 25

Well I have a bit more acne pop up. No worries until it continues to get worse for a long period of time which I feel won't happen.

Just gotta have patience. Hope everybody is enjoying the last few days of 2010!

MemberMember
(@chrizzy)

Posted : 12/28/2010 12:18 pm

I'm having a hard time telling what's inflamed blackheads, what's just red, and what's scarring, so I'm in a similar boat. I will say this--your latest photos show so much improvement on the acne front! I noticed very little of it, so way to go, girl! And keep thinking those positive thoughts--it sounds like you're staying upbeat. And a (late) very merry Christmas to you!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/28/2010 1:17 pm

Day 26

Thanks Chrizzy! A late Merry Christmas to you as well! =) Yeah, I just kind of figure...acne is hardly the worst thing that can happen in my life, so just be okay with it, whatever the outcome. It took me a long time to get to that place though.

So far my skin has one patch of broken out-ness on my left cheek area and another around my mouth/chin area. Everywhere else seems to be doing very well. I am pleased with the slow but steady progress. I'll post pictures maybe tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@wshewfelt)

Posted : 12/29/2010 3:21 am

I've been on Dan's Regimen for a year now, completely clear, and I STILL use 1 pump of BP. It's just the perfect amount for me...but maybe not for you. First couple months of the regimen, I was always pushing to get to the 2 pumps he recommends but my skin would get so red and flaky I would always have to drop down the amount of BP.

My advice for you:Wash gently but quickly. Use less BP on areas that don't need it or are dry. Concentrate it on the areas with more acne. Overall...use less! It didn't make much of a difference for me! Also if you're using Dan's new moisturizer, in my personal experience it doesn't moisturize well at all. I use the Cetaphil Skin Lotion at night with jojoba. It's a miracle cream! Took my flakes and dryness off like THAT!

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/29/2010 4:51 pm

Day 27

I will post pictures soon but my main concern is the redness. It is kind of my entire face and even foundation can't hide it. I hope that dissipates with time. It doesn't even seem to be red marks, just a tone problem.

wshewfelt - Thanks for your input! Yeah, I am not even going to think about upping my BP dosage anytime soon. I will probably keep it the same until it is clear my skin needs more (if ever). My skin actually seems to moisturize pretty well with Dan's moisturizer. I do add 2-3 drops of jojoba morning and night to my one pump though. I hope your skin continues to look great! =)

MemberMember
(@ryan-c)

Posted : 12/29/2010 5:25 pm

Day 27

I will post pictures soon but my main concern is the redness. It is kind of my entire face and even foundation can't hide it. I hope that dissipates with time. It doesn't even seem to be red marks, just a tone problem.

wshewfelt - Thanks for your input! Yeah, I am not even going to think about upping my BP dosage anytime soon. I will probably keep it the same until it is clear my skin needs more (if ever). My skin actually seems to moisturize pretty well with Dan's moisturizer. I do add 2-3 drops of jojoba morning and night to my one pump though. I hope your skin continues to look great! =)

One pump? Hmmm. I remember when Dan came out with the new moisturizer he emphasized using the full 2 pumps (or if you have the new pump heads, 3 pumps). That could be why you are having dryness/redness issues. His new moisturizer (if it does work for you) works best in generous amounts.

Good luck :D

MemberMember
(@4frmaptoaf)

Posted : 12/29/2010 5:58 pm

Day 27

hello there. i just read your regimen log. WOW i love your positive attitude. I am on month 2 of the REgimen and let me tell you it has not been an easy road. Patience is key. My skin got worse before it got better. It is finally starting to slowly heal. I do notice that I have a lot of redness due to zits. hopefully they will fade with time. Also, I have had a lot of dryness. I add jojoba oil to my ceraVe moisterizer but i still get dry patches.

Keep it up girl! I hope to be totally clear in the next few months. Most of my acne is forehead/chin/jawline.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/30/2010 1:48 pm

Day 28

Well the breakout areas seem to be clearing a bit. Still have overall redness...I'll post updated pictures soon. =)

4frmAPtoAF - Thanks so much for the compliment! A positive attitude isn't hard to have if you just fixate on the great things in your life, no matter how big or small. I have so much love in my life, what are a few pimples? An extra 20 minutes doing the regimen, that is what. haha.

I hope the regimen continues to work for you and no worries, your red marks will fade over time. Keep me updated on your progress. ^_^

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 12/31/2010 1:31 pm

Day 29

Not much to report, pictures after the 1st of the year.

Enjoy the last day of 2010 everyone...Happy New Years Eve! :D

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 01/03/2011 4:33 pm

Day 32

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY! It's 2011! I hope you had a great and safe NYE and NYD!

My skin is doing pretty well. I have pictures I need to upload to show you all. A little bit of dryness but I think my redness was mostly from the jojoba oil, so I stopped using that. It was almost burning my skin.

I have had the most amazing past few days. I hope you all have been equally blessed. <3

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 01/04/2011 1:52 pm

Day 33

So I'm on month 2 now...my Regimen amounts are as followed:

1 pump of Cleanser (two of I wear makeup)

1 pump BP

1.5 pumps moisturizer (sometimes 2 at night)

I stopped using the jojoba oil because it seemed to irritate my skin too much.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 01/06/2011 12:54 am

Day 35

So....I tried to get the clearest pictures. I have found that artificial lighting sometimes hides imperfections so I went for the direct sunlight route. Prepare to be blinded by the red spots. =P

One side:

The worse side:

Head on (apply directly to the forehead...couldn't resist):

So...the nasty marks on one side are actually fading away as of now. The rest, well, I'm just a well-spring of red marks. They normally don't appear quite so bright, but I make sure to take my pictures right after I shower for best effect.

Keep your chin up ladies and gents, patience is needed! ^_^

MemberMember
(@chrizzy)

Posted : 01/06/2011 5:48 am

You're right, patience is needed! But your skin is obviously improving, which is awesome. I know there are lots of red marks, but I think that's part of the healing process. Hang in there!

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 01/06/2011 12:55 pm

Woot! Go Kai! Go Kai!

MemberMember
(@maidez)

Posted : 01/07/2011 12:00 am

Your skin looks amazing and you're a natural beauty! Keep it up. I'm on Week 6 now and I keep trawling the boards to give myself inspiration to go on and power through the minor breakouts here and there.

x

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 01/07/2011 12:15 am

Thank you lovelies for commenting! ^_^

Yeah, I don't even notice any of the redmarks really until I take photos to show you all and I"m like...wow they ARE there! It's really the power of perception and genuinely accepting yourself shining through.

I just hope that by sharing my face when it's at its worst that you all can glean some hope that things get better. I have faith they will. =)