Notifications
Clear all

What has worked for me: SEA SALT

MemberMember
(@guinivere)

Posted : 06/11/2015 10:40 am

Hi all,

Nice to meet you. I've been lurking a little while trying to figure this out.

I love the idea of Dead Sea salt as a natural solution and have been using it a couple of days. It seems to have bought out a few little critters- did anyone else experience an initial breakout?

Right now I have an awesomely attractive cornflake style scab right on the corner of my lip too from picking ( naughty me) anyone have a suggestion for that? Definitely going to a wedding in 2 days time

MemberMember
(@newmember16)

Posted : 07/12/2015 4:33 pm

So I have ran out of all of my tea tree oil which I usually use to treat blind pimples I iced it but it was still painful as it was under my nose . So I added salt to some water and used a cotton bud to put it on the pimple and kept dabbing it on then I left it to dry . Its been on for about 30mins and I feel no pain at all and the pimple isn't visible at all

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 07/15/2015 8:14 pm

I am going to start this again. I did the baths on and off as I was getting panic attacks at night whenever I did the baths. I am going to try less salt and do my baths in the morning.

I found dead sea salt to be very drying.

Epsom is perfect for the back, but regular sea salt is better for the face.

It's the most annoying 30 minutes submerging my face under water, but I will do anything. The days that I did do it, my skin felt much better.

Here goes...

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/09/2016 8:05 pm

Unfortunately could not do the soaks but I wish this poster had pics or came back to answer questions.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 01/12/2017 11:01 pm

Starting this again. I've managed to successfully avoid panic attacks by eating fruit/drinking orange juice. It seems the baths were lowering my sugar.

I did epsom salt today. Going to try to alternate with sea salt and epsom salt.

MemberMember
(@old-man-fletch)

Posted : 08/15/2017 10:59 am

Hi,,, i am a 49 year old man and have been suffering from a spotty bottom for many years and i have come to realise this is from doing alot of sports. I played Badminton and then Squash from age of 11 to 30 ish. Sweating alot and sitting on cold wet clothes for hours. As a younger man this cleared up by itself but as ive got old my immune sysytem must be weaker. My problem has over past two years got even worse and the spots have moved down onto my thighs. I think its Foliculitis caused by Bacteria. Like most on here i have tried many different types of creams and antibiotics from doctor etc etc but it was reading about sea salt on this forum and a comment from my doctor when he said you would have clear skin if you bathed in the sea and laid in the sun for 2 weeks. So 4 weeks ago i decided to use the sea salt method but in a spray which is room temperature. I realised the doctor was talking about bathing in the sea which is quite cold and wont open up the pours to much on skin. Its not too strong but you can taste the salt. I spraying on 2 - 3 times a day and just leaving it on letting it dry on its own. I get the odd little stab of pain but i feel this is healing and not creating spots. I also shower with body clear neutragena but i don't think that does alot and then finish off with dead sea soap on my bottom and thighs. I can really feel my bum and legs are clean. I then gently dry off and then i spray on the sea salt. i just let it dry. Its not enough to create a salty layer on skin but you can taste it. I think this creates a barrier that the bacteria and therefore the folliculitis find difficult to live on and therefore stops the bacteria from penetrating my hair follicles causing inflamed spots. Over past 4 weeks my skin still feels like it wants to have break outs but they are not so severe as it used to be and my skin on thighs and bottom has cleared up alot say 50%. I am also not having those very painful spots which are deep down into the skin. They seem to have stopped. I have many years of scarring so it still does not look great. For me i can see this is going to take some time but for the first time using a natural sea salt spray is improving my skin.