Notifications
Clear all

What has worked for me: SEA SALT

MemberMember
(@lashadowlive-com)

Posted : 06/25/2010 10:44 pm

And as I was reading through this thread some were saying to use Iodized Sea Salt and others were saying to use Epsom Sea Salt.

Which is correct?

MemberMember
(@acolyptus)

Posted : 10/01/2010 5:42 pm

Hey guys, I signed up just to post this and dead sea salt has really really worked for me. I used to have acne since i was 15 and I am 19 now. 2 weeks ago i started to put my face in a bowl of water with sea salt and i just let it dry and leave it on the whole day. I have seen major improvements like 80-90 %. Same thing goes for my scars on my face they are fading rapidly! I have to say in the first week it made me break out, but after that it rapidly started to fade.

I just wanted to say this so that other people can try this too and hopefully see results. I will keep an eye on this topic to see if anyone has questions so I'll try to help you out a bit. Good luck everyone and I'm so happy that I have finally found my regimen that really works against acne.

MemberMember
(@christyanderson)

Posted : 10/05/2010 8:07 pm

This is a great post, I LOVE bathing in Sea Salt for detoxing the skin, but I have never tried exfoliating while I was bathing, good idea.

Thought I should throw in that for me personally, I start to feel a little dehydrated when I take long salt baths, so I keep a bottled water with me.

mat888 liked
MemberMember
(@puberty_sucks)

Posted : 12/10/2010 8:08 am

My backround....34 yr old male......problem goes back to teens.....face, back, chest, arms all affected...and I was a picker (scars/marks/etc)....diagnosed as moderate to severe....I have never taken pictures, but at my worst I have looked as bad as any image on this website.

I have used every variation of every regimen on this website.....to include medicine, diet and behavior.....and did so for periods of up to four weeks....all of which has suppressed the breakouts in different ways.......but never stopped it.

Dermatologists could not help.......stopped going after they would eventually prescribe Accutane.

Long story short.......arrived at the following regimen that has really given me NORMAL skin, not perfect skin, but NORMAL skin....a single pimple every once in a while.....but no more BREAKOUTS.

1) SOAK once a day (twice a day if severe) in baths of SEA SALT purchased at local grocery store. Get water as hot as you can stand it, add approx 30 ounces of sea salt, and soak for 30 minutes. Do not get out until your skin begins to prune.

2) GENTLY exfoliate with synthetic brush while soaking in tub (thanks Jess).....again I said GENTLY.

I take very brief showers after the nightly soak, using Neutrogena Body Wash....but the soap I use doesn't seem to matter.

Results have been a process, not an event. Its been about eight weeks......about a 75% VISUAL improvement and about a 90% improvement in TEXTURE.......big ugly depressed scars/marks from wounds I was told would never heal are gone.

In hind sight, I believe that about 50% of the severity of my skin problems were self inflicted......with the amount and rate of chemicals I have put on my body (and the picking), it is amazing I have any left.

I, like many others on this board, noticed the amazing results of time spent in the ocean during the summer....and feel stupid that it took me this long to figure out.

Hang in there everyone.....

I should be sleep right now but had to leave a comment before I crash..

When I was younger I had PERFECT SKIN, my skin was so clear that I prayed for a pimple. When I turned 16 Puberty finally hit me . At first I would get a few pimples here and there but those few eventually turned into a nightmare that I simply can't shake (Pimples, Cysts, Blackheads, Small Bumps all over my nose) It's terrible. I've tried everything out there.. Pro Activ, Clean and Clear, Facial Masks, Oil Cleansing Methods, NOTHING HAS WORKED!

Acne has took a HUGE emotional toll on me to the point to where my hair is starting to thin along my hairline. Under no circumstances should a 20 year old have thinning hair but that's how much stress I've encountered since developing Acne. I'm very attractive and feel that my case of Acne is the only thing plaguing my life right now.

Won't get my hopes up but this method is my last hope, if it doesn't work then at least I tried. I plan on bathing in Sea Salt once a week and will do the bowl method daily. If I notice any improvement I will keep the Acne.Org community updated.

Thanks for reading..

MemberMember
(@bath-salts)

Posted : 01/07/2011 3:33 pm

The salt itself is unique as well. When you look at it, it's often dull and off-white in color, in contrast to the brightness of ordinary salt. Dead Sea salt tastes bitter when compared to the salt you buy at the store this is due to the fact that Dead Sea salt has almost no sodium (10%) when compared to table salt (90%). The salts found in the Dead Sea are mineral salts. All ocean salt contains minerals, but the salts of the Dead Sea contain a much higher concentration of minerals than other salts. These minerals include zinc, iodine, potassium, calcium, bromides, and many more. These minerals are naturally occurring in the human body and are crucial to many processes, and need to be replenished regularly as they are lost.

Soaking in Dead Sea salt does wonders for your body. Skin problems, such as rashes, sores, hives, and itching, can be treated by soaking in a hot bath filled with these amazing salts. Dead sea salts contain large amounts of magnesium and bromide, which cleanse and disinfect your skin, making you less susceptible to skin-related allergies. Dead Sea salt also treats acne, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, dandruff, scabies and seborrhea. Dead Sea salts are also effective in combating hair loss, water retention, and cellulite.

Dead Sea salts carry many benefits, particularly when used as bath salts. Dead Sea salts effectively treat many skin conditions, including from rashes and psoriasis to more everyday conditions such as oily or dry skin. Dead Sea salts are also known to soothe rashes, calm allergic reactions, minimize dandruff and treat acne. Dead Sea salts have been known to improve the appearance of cellulite, manage the appearance of swelling due to water retention, and even treat hair loss. In addition, Dead Sea salts detoxify your skin, drawing out dirt, pollutants and impurities from each pore.

post-143648-1294432428_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@dillan2011)

Posted : 02/14/2011 2:36 am

Would this work?

Salt [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@caramelswirl)

Posted : 02/24/2011 12:45 pm

Hi there,

I am 25 years old and have suffered from Acne since I was 11 years old. The worst part about my acne is that I dont even touch them or pop them (as tempting as it is) and they leave huge scars on my face (deep brown ones) I am of East Indian decent so I am light brown skinned.

I have tried everything, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid peels (which cost a fortune) glycolic and lactic peels, and microdermabrasion and ProActiv, Nothing helped it will help for about a month and then back to the acne and scarring again.

I am one of those girls that cant leave the house without makeup and the main reason the embarassment of my acne scars.

Ive been using been sea salt for about 3 months and all my acne scars and acne has totally cleared up, Its amazing, I predict between now and the next few months my face will be free of all acne scars, at least I hope.

What I do in morning I wash my face with the Proactive Renewing Cleanser or Oil of Olay salicylic acid scrub and then moisten my face and apply the bare sea salt on my face, I let it dry and apply my makeup.

When I come home, I wash the makeup off and then apply sea salt again a little bit more this time. And when I go to bed a lil more with the proactive.

I am still using Proactive until the bottles finish, I have cancelled my membership

We've all tried everything, doesnt hurt to try this!

It works, convenient, cheap and so worth it !

Your face will look clean and glowing and bump free!!!

MemberMember
(@mdhg)

Posted : 04/02/2011 8:57 pm

I have had cystic acne for almost 2 years now and have finally been cured with a particular birthcontrol. Problem is, now that I'm not getting cysts anymore I still have this horrible spots on my face where the cysts have left scars and in some cases - indents.

I read on here that some people were applying cloths soaked in warm sea salt water to their faces, so I tried that. I didn't really get any visible results, so after about a month I decided to try something new. I have been filling a small bowl with the warm sea salt water and putting the side of my face in it for 10 minutes on each side since I read most people get best results from soaking in it and I only have the scars on my cheeks.

I've only been doing it 3 or 4 times a week for 2 weeks but I see some amazing results! The scars are fading fast! So glad I found this.

check out my before and after

MemberMember
(@mdhg)

Posted : 04/02/2011 8:58 pm

post-148286-1301795901_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@firefly87)

Posted : 06/26/2011 9:05 am

For those in the UK there is a Cheshire based company selling bulk salts for a very, very reasonable price.

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@tila)

Posted : 07/14/2011 12:19 am

Acne can be pretty bad psychologically. I have it on my back only but I cannot stand the idea of people watching it, even my friends.

i know how you feel about having it on your back.

i dont have pimples on my face and im sick of having to buy cllothes that cover my back it effects me in a way where i dont want a boyfriend incase of getting intamite and him seeing my back. i would rather have it on my face because easier to cover up

MemberMember
(@scarred39240)

Posted : 07/16/2011 10:53 pm

Ok I just got back from the beach (was there for a week for vacation) and I noticed the acne on my face and back went down a lot. I do have SEVERE scarring and Hyperpigmentation on my back but I want to know how I can replicate the effects the ocean had on me but at home? I don't want to ruin my plumbing system by using all that salt in the bathtub. Any other methods? I was thinking about making a toner and spraying the toner all over my body and rinsing off after 30 minutes?

MemberMember
(@maeve-a)

Posted : 03/12/2012 11:06 pm

This treatment worked for me! I am 16 years old and have severe acne on my back, chest and shoulders. My friends dont even know that i have acne, because i try to buy cute clothes that cover up all of those areas so they never notice. After just one month of soaking in a tub of EPSOM salt and hot water, my chest is COMPLETELY, and my back and shoulders are 85% clear (mostly just scaring is still there). I am so happy with this treatment! I do this everyday, along with 20mg of accutane, and the acne.org regimen. I am 105 lbs and 5'5. Hope this works for you!!! xoxo - Maeve

Hi there,

I am 25 years old and have suffered from Acne since I was 11 years old. The worst part about my acne is that I dont even touch them or pop them (as tempting as it is) and they leave huge scars on my face (deep brown ones) I am of East Indian decent so I am light brown skinned.

I have tried everything, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid peels (which cost a fortune) glycolic and lactic peels, and microdermabrasion and ProActiv, Nothing helped it will help for about a month and then back to the acne and scarring again.

I am one of those girls that cant leave the house without makeup and the main reason the embarassment of my acne scars.

Ive been using been sea salt for about 3 months and all my acne scars and acne has totally cleared up, Its amazing, I predict between now and the next few months my face will be free of all acne scars, at least I hope.

What I do in morning I wash my face with the Proactive Renewing Cleanser or Oil of Olay salicylic acid scrub and then moisten my face and apply the bare sea salt on my face, I let it dry and apply my makeup.

When I come home, I wash the makeup off and then apply sea salt again a little bit more this time. And when I go to bed a lil more with the proactive.

I am still using Proactive until the bottles finish, I have cancelled my membership

We've all tried everything, doesnt hurt to try this!

It works, convenient, cheap and so worth it !

Your face will look clean and glowing and bump free!!!

YOU APPLY THE SALT AFTER YOUR MAKEUP? DO YOU LEAVE THE SALT ON THROUGHOUT THE DAY?!

Deah liked
MemberMember
(@caramelswirl)

Posted : 04/10/2012 6:48 pm

Hey Maeve A:

Yes I did leave on the sea salt on my face and apply my makeup. I know it sounds weird lol! It also helps not for the makeup to get oily. It will be dry at first but after a while the makeup will set in, I use MAC foundation so it a little liquidy so it helps. I hope its working for you. I also have discovered something new as well. I bought Salycilc Acid (30%) on ebay for about $12 CDN, and leave it on my face overnight (once every 2 weeks) I use Oil of Olay blackhead clearing scrub *not the creamy one* !! and Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer. In the mornings I use the Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub, I also have reduced the Sea Salt soak on my face to twice a week, not the same week as the acid is applied, and have noticed drastic results in my acne, and acne scars and bumps my skin is completely smooth.

Take care and all the best !

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 08/02/2012 4:43 am

I am currently experimenting with this. Mainly to see the effects it has on skin texture and indents in skin from acne. Glad to see it worked so well at eliminating scarring. Everyone in the scar forum should be aware of this, so they can begin experimenting as well. I'm using Celtic light grey salt for the soaks

MemberMember
(@shady-mike)

Posted : 08/02/2012 11:15 pm

Wow i might have to give this a go

On 7/17/2011 at 9:53 AM, scarred39240 said:

Ok I just got back from the beach (was there for a week for vacation) and I noticed the acne on my face and back went down a lot. I do have SEVERE scarring and Hyperpigmentation on my back but I want to know how I can replicate the effects the ocean had on me but at home? I don't want to ruin my plumbing system by using all that salt in the bathtub. Any other methods? I was thinking about making a toner and spraying the toner all over my body and rinsing off after 30 minutes?

Yea the plumbing was one thing that seemed to worry me.

On 2/14/2011 at 1:36 PM, Dillan2011 said:

Would this work?

Salt [Edited link out]

I would think so

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)
MemberMember
(@neckacne)

Posted : 05/06/2013 7:09 pm

Hi guys,

I tried today bath with 1 kilo (2 pounds) of sea salt.The water was salty but when I got out of the tub I licked my skin and I couldn't taste solt at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

I live by the sea and I always have clear skin during the summer,but this bath was nothing like sea,it wasn't even near as solty.I can't swim in the sea right now because its too cold.

After the bath I wasn't dehydrated,it felt just like a regular bath with plain water...

MemberMember
(@vancouvergal)

Posted : 06/01/2013 2:53 am

I will be trying this also! A friend of mine suggested sea salt with a squirt of lemon.

MemberMember
(@mat888)

Posted : 08/05/2013 1:29 pm

Hi, I have had quite bad back acne/spots for a couple of years. I read on here about dead sea salt and must say it's the best thing I've ever used. Going on holiday in a few weeks and by some miracle it looks like I will be able to go swimming without worrying about my back. About twice a week I bath with around 1 cup of dead sea salts and after showers I have mixed some water with the salt and wet my back and let it dry on it's own. I find it makes you very thirsty so drink plenty of water. Even just sitting around in the evening I wet my hands in the mix of salt/water and rub a bit on my back. Week 4 or 5 now and my back is the best it's been in years, fingers crossed it clears 100% for holiday. Never wrote on a forum before but it's helped me so wanted to give something back. My back has been so so in the past to so bad when I went to the doctor his face alone made me know how bad it got, I've never been so miserable. Even though it's hidden on the back you still know it's there and can't go swimming or sunbathing etc. Once a day I always rub some salt water on my back, so glad I found this site. Hope this helps, don't waste your money on anything else. Good luck :)

Hi guys,

I tried today bath with 1 kilo (2 pounds) of sea salt.The water was salty but when I got out of the tub I licked my skin and I couldn't taste solt at all.

Am I doing something wrong?
I live by the sea and I always have clear skin during the summer,but this bath was nothing like sea,it wasn't even near as solty.I can't swim in the sea right now because its too cold.

After the bath I wasn't dehydrated,it felt just like a regular bath with plain water...

Make sure it's dead sea salt, it's what I use and I only put 1 cup full in. I can taste it for ages after and it makes me very very thirsty. Make sure you soak for at least 20 mins. Dead sea salt contains so many minerals it's the best one I can find. Look on amazon...

MemberMember
(@rockets)

Posted : 09/08/2013 10:52 pm

I've read this thread, however, still can't figure out which salt to get. Epsom salt, regular sea salt, or dead sea salt. I think I may just go with dead sea salt.

MemberMember
(@mattaker)

Posted : 10/07/2013 1:11 pm

It doesn't have to be dead sea salt. Maybe it gets better results, but regular sea salt will do. It's what people bathe in at the beach, and apparently it works.

I have been doing this for almost 2 weeks/ 6 baths. Am I supposed to be seeing any results already?

MemberMember
(@fondbandage)

Posted : 02/17/2014 4:46 pm

Well I tried sea salt on my neck for the first time today. I used the Maldon Sea Salt (see photo) by putting a liberal amount in a large glass bowl then adding boiling water and some cold water to cool it down. I splashed the liquid on my neck multiple times over a 10 minute period and just let it dry naturally (no towel). I am sceptical that this will help but let's see what happens. It's worth a try I suppose. My issue is that I have neck acne. The face and back are fine. Just the neck.

Any ideas / comments / suggestions?

post-220249-0-19703500-1392673553.jpg

MemberMember
(@sammy22)

Posted : 08/03/2014 5:54 am

Hello,

So i am a 16 year old girl and have suffered with acne from the age of 11. it has always been an ongoing battle, a battle that has really effected my confidence. i have been on all medication forms, from steroids to creams (only thing i havent tried is racotane). They work for a limited time but my acne eventually comes back. It has improved for a while however has began to get worse again.

I am giving the sea salt method a go and was just wondering, how long roughly did it take to have a major effect because i have an event in 2 weeks which I would like clear skin for and was hoping that by using the sea salt methid, drinking lots of water and avoiding unhealthy foods that by the event it would have cleared.

Please help me out!

Sammy x

MemberMember
(@james1946)

Posted : 08/10/2014 8:47 am

Hey guys, My acne is on my face and i've just bought some Dead Sea Bath Salts ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Sea-Spa-Magik-Salts/dp/B000KU930S ) and was thinking of just dissolving the salt in some hot water then rinsing my face 1/2 times daily.

How much salt should i use, the amont of water will be around a sink full amount?