Notifications
Clear all

Vinegar Cured my Bacne

MemberMember
(@dadaleman)

Posted : 09/21/2005 10:29 pm

kAaA.i have used this vinegar remedy for a weekAaAand no results so farAaA.i am very dissappointed especially since everybody on this thread is experiencing awesome resultsAaA.

sighAaA.my skin became extremely red and very itchyAaA.

it may take longer than that to see results. it took me about two before my bacne died down. now it's very minimal and i get maybe one every week rather than ten. and you should try diluting it with water if it makes your skin itchy and red. its probably too strong for you at the moment and mixing the vinegar with water (experiment with how much water and how muchv vinegar works for you) will probably be better. then once your skin gets used to the diluted vinegar, use less water and gradually work your up to using vinegar only.

MemberMember
(@wolfy)

Posted : 09/21/2005 11:30 pm

kAaA.i have used this vinegar remedy for a weekAaAand no results so farAaA.i am very dissappointed especially since everybody on this thread is experiencing awesome resultsAaA.

sighAaA.my skin became extremely red and very itchyAaA.

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 09/22/2005 6:50 am

I was just wondering if (Malt Vinegar) would work, i'm from the UK and anyone from here should know the kinda vinegar i'm on about, it's just standard vinegar you put on your food, also i'm trying to figure out how you apply this to your back, i cant even reach my back with my own hands, also could i apply this too my face with a cotton bud or summat but first filter the vinegar down to half vinegar and water, would this work for spots and red marks, also i take it i could use this on my shoulders too for red marks and spots,? also after i have put it on do i wash off straight after, i mean like take a shower.?

MemberMember
(@wolfy)

Posted : 09/22/2005 7:02 am

I was just wondering if (Malt Vinegar) would work, i'm from the UK and anyone from here should know the kinda vinegar i'm on about, it's just standard vinegar you put on your food, also i'm trying to figure out how you apply this to your back, i cant even reach my back with my own hands, also could i apply this too my face with a cotton bud or summat but first filter the vinegar down to half vinegar and water, would this work for spots and red marks, also i take it i could use this on my shoulders too for red marks and spots,? also after i have put it on do i wash off straight after, i mean like take a shower.?

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 09/22/2005 7:34 am

Thanks for this reply, what i'll do then is wash then apply the vinegar too my body, inc shoulers, chest and face, would it be ok to apply too the neck aswell.? also do you think the half vinegar, half water would be ok at first,? also whats the best way to apply too the back,? as its really hard to reach, one last question, vinegar, will it prevent spots/cystic acne from coming up, or does it just get rid of red marks, also how many times a day/night would you suggest.? thanks

P.s - I found this info from a website where they say apply (eight parts water to one part vinegar) what do they mean by parts,? how much is that.

MemberMember
(@wolfy)

Posted : 09/23/2005 1:02 pm

P.s - I found this info from a website where they say apply (eight parts water to one part vinegar) what do they mean by parts,? how much is that.

MemberMember
(@dadaleman)

Posted : 09/28/2005 11:12 pm

Been doing this for about a month now.

Results have been nothing short of AMAZING

i had very bad a painful sports on my upper shoulders and accross the top of my back..

my sohulders / upper back is now super smooth, and outbreaks are very rare.

now i just have to wait for hundreds of red marks to fade! eusa_whistle.gif  eusa_whistle.gif  eusa_whistle.gif  eusa_whistle.gif

MemberMember
(@clearlyunclear)

Posted : 10/11/2005 1:03 am

Tried it, result is very good after just a week, using apple cider vinegar, apply very liberally( splash it on) before bedtime, smell soon goes. Greasy skin feels dry but not dry as when using BP. Please try it.

Hi guys

Just thought I'd answer some of the questions, I put it on with my fingers and just rub it on with a few drops of the Tea-Tree oil (which should be available at any good health food shop) and use it as an exfoliant (i.e. rub it in to take off the top layer of dead skin, especially good for getting rid of the hyperpigmentation associated with old spots). I used Japanese rice wine vinegar but I dont think it matters, any type of vinegar will do.

Not to disrepect anyone's opinions but the poster who thought that my bacne stopping and the use of vinegar was coincidental was not correct - I had bacne for about 15 years and whilst it was sometimes worse than other times it was always there in some form and when I first tried the vinegar it was especially nasty, until I started using the vinegar - as I said I only used it to try to get rid of the red marks and I was astounded when I stopped getting new spots.

It cost like $3 for a years treatment, you have nothing to lose and its changed my outlook on life (the beach is a different place when you dont have to worry about people looking at the dark red spotches on your back).

All the best folks.

M.

MemberMember
(@ppx11)

Posted : 10/12/2005 12:31 pm

would it be okay to do this twice a day? and whats the recommended time? 30 min? hour?

MemberMember
(@minz)

Posted : 10/28/2005 5:22 pm

I've been using this method for over a month now and my back is improving. The acne has gone down significantly (to about 5 noticeable pimples, as opposed to uncountable) and my red marks are fading ever so slightly. I am a bit doubtful that this will get me clear (as in red marks gone and everything), but it is certainly helping.

I put on full undiluted apple cider vinegar with a bit of tee tree oil, twice a day. Once after my shower in the morning (and I leave it on), and once after my shower at night, and I leave it on overnight.

So ppx11, I would say it would probably be okay to use it twice a day, but I think you should start off with once a day and then move to twice a day. My back is tough. When I accidentally spilt some onto my leg, it started stinging immediately, lol.

Clearlyunclear, you should look in your chemist for tea tree oil. :)

MemberMember
(@alaskacne)

Posted : 10/30/2005 4:53 am

anyone tried this on their neck or jawline?

MemberMember
(@chopsui)

Posted : 11/03/2005 5:07 am

i just applied my first vinegar tonight, it kinda burns and itches but ima leave it on overnight, ill post my results in a week or something, im using it on my back and chest both

MemberMember
(@sandrabalqis)

Posted : 11/09/2005 1:40 pm

so.. any new improvement???

MemberMember
(@bedrock)

Posted : 11/12/2005 12:14 pm

I found that you must dilute the acv, or your skin will feel dry and itchy. This dryness will lead to more breakouts because you are actually irritating it even more.

MemberMember
(@freckled-and-flawless)

Posted : 11/19/2005 1:08 am

Anyone else having success with the acv? I've been using Dan's regimen on my face for a few weeks, and acv and tea tree oil on my back and chest. I noticed that it dries up pimples earlier so they don't get bigger, but it'd hard to tell how much improvement I've really had in this short period of time. After the old red spots go away and I continue with this through a few monthly cycles (and monthly breakouts) I'll have a better idea of the long term effects...

Also, has anyone heard anything about using vinegar from a doctor or dermatologist? I can never tell what people actually know when they post on here, or what's just speculation.

MemberMember
(@bedrock)

Posted : 11/21/2005 2:30 am

I've been using it 2 times a day. I diluted it so it doesn't irritate my skin. I love this stuff! It makes my skin really soft, and I got rid of 99% acne on my back and chest. Plus, all the red marks are fading. You must dilute this stuff, or you probably will break out! I've been on it for 2 weeks now, and I use it after I shower, like a toner. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It's smells up the bathroom for awhile. I plan on using it for a few months until the old marks fade away. I suggest using ACV before any harsh cleansers for the back. It's natural as well.

MemberMember
(@gtdestiny)

Posted : 11/25/2005 5:40 pm

I have white distilled vinegar that says its been reduced to 5% acidity. Will this work for me because i cant really get my hands on apple cidar vinegar.

MemberMember
(@jbu)

Posted : 11/26/2005 4:57 pm

That's awesome, I might give this a try! Not that I've really tried anything for my back but I'm starting to get acne there and it's just starting to creep down my neck =( So maybe I'll try this on my neck too. Congradulations and many thanks for sharing your experience

MemberMember
(@hayleylujah)

Posted : 12/26/2005 11:53 pm

I started using acv a few days ago on my back and face. I haven't noticed Very much change and (even though I notice this has been asked before) I just wanted to inquire further into the application of this treatment - so far I've been using the cotton pads used for nail polish removal.

Just wondering as to whether or not this would make a difference?

MemberMember
(@subz)

Posted : 01/03/2006 1:00 am

im gonna try this and see what its like

im using cider vinegar about 1/2 with water in a spray bottle

spray it on then rub it in after a shower in the morning and at night

dose the smell stay on you for the hole time its on you?

MemberMember
(@hayleylujah)

Posted : 01/03/2006 9:41 am

i'm been using acv for about a week now and i haven't noticed much difference but i'll keep with it for a while longer.

MemberMember
(@sweetjade1980)

Posted : 01/05/2006 3:16 am

When I used to use this I used 50% Apple Cider Vinegar and 50% Water. However I also mixed in 6 tablets of asprin for the possible salicylic acid effect. This helped with certain stubborn cysts that traditional OTCs couldn't treat as well as exfoilated my skin, thus healing some of my hyperpigmenation marks.

Of course if your skin is drier you may want to use 25% Apple Cider Vinegar and 75% water and if you use the asprin maybe only 4 instead.

Oh and as for the rest of those marks you can use fresh lemons (seems to work better than concentrate) on your back, but due to it's acidity level, you may find this irritating on a daily basis.

When all else fails, or in conjuction, my favorite cheap skin lightener & slight exfoliator, that also happens to heal some acne, is called Oleda Super Skin Ligtening Gel http://www.oleda.com/shop/index.cfm?task=8...61SSLG&CatID=SK (may want to get on mailing list for sales) It has "natural" ingredients and just because it seems gentle, don't overuse (several times in one day) or you'll end up with a chemical burn.

Also, has anyone tried the Papaya Regimen by Nature's Cure (saw an infomercial), it has enzymes that would also help unclog pores, exfoilate, etc...or use a fresh papaya, pineapple, pumpkin, etc

MemberMember
(@gomez)

Posted : 01/06/2006 1:37 am

Sounds like good results, would white vinegar work too?

MemberMember
(@sebastianc)

Posted : 01/20/2006 2:36 am

does sunbathing cause a problem if you use vinegar on your skin?

MemberMember
(@sebastianc)

Posted : 03/05/2006 9:10 pm

Ok, I used 1 Tea Tree Oil (100%, undiluted) : 1 Apple Cider Videgar and ...somehow it doesn't feel right. My skin feels fresh, it has a nice smell but I am not sure I put the right quantity of TTO. Should I have put less?