Notifications
Clear all

What sunscreen doesn't break you out?

MemberMember
(@mathilde)

Posted : 06/26/2017 4:14 am

I find it very difficult to find a sunscreen that doesn't break me out, and fits my skintype. I have combination skin, and when using acne treatments it gets quite dry. Most sunscreens that are meant for acne prone skin are also meant for oily skin, which doesn't suit my skintype very well. Does anyone know about a sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF that doesn't make me break out, and works on dry/combination skin? Thanks in advance<3

MemberMember
(@ethanhawaii)

Posted : 06/26/2017 9:55 pm

I use"La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra-Fluid Lotion Spf 60" it is a little oily but doesn't feel oily.
It washes off easily (unlike aveeno moisturizers that are like wax!) so that's nice. I have never had a breakout from this sunscreen.

Mathilde liked
MemberMember
(@cameron4240)

Posted : 08/11/2017 10:21 pm

Elta MD SPF 46 for acne is a godsend. Doesn't feel oily or put a film over your skin.

MemberMember
(@bassetluvr)

Posted : 08/14/2017 11:59 pm

LaRoche Posay Anthelios SPF50 mineral sunscreen...it's AMAZING!

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/11/2017 3:15 pm

I really wanna try to EltaMD sunscreen! But I'm kind of turned off that it uses a chemical sunscreen-  Octinoxate. This chemical ges absorbed into skin and is a hormone distruptor. It has similar effects to oxybenzone and produce estrogen-like effects. :(

I like to use physical/ mineral sunscreens that don't absorb into your skin and bloodstream. The ingredients that act as physical sunscreens are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. You want to have one that's at least 20% zinc oxide to adequately protect against UVA1, UVA1, and UVB rays. 

I incorporate SPF by Juice Beauty into my skincare routine. Check out this post on my blog for more info! 

MemberMember
(@jimmymemes)

Posted : 09/12/2017 6:29 pm

[Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen SPF 55]

MemberMember
(@momanuelza)

Posted : 09/14/2017 1:20 pm

I recommend cetaphil dermacontrol spf30 moisturizer. It is ideal for acne prone skin and compliments the regime of wash, benzoyl and moisturize. It does not affect or cause acne, non comedogenic, fragrance free, broad spectrum spf30 and is inexpensive.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 09/14/2017 9:30 pm

Obagi medical sunscreen spf 50.