Notifications
Clear all

My acne regime: feedback please

MemberMember
(@defthallway)

Posted : 11/22/2016 5:08 pm

Hey everyone, would be great if I could get some feedback on my acne regime. I have oily skin type with moderate acne. The steps below (1, 2, 3 etc) are the order I do my regime and I wait a few moments to let the previous steps absorb. I've listed the products I use along with what I feel the most beneficial ingredients are from them in brackets. I also point out whether I use my hands or cotton buds when applying them if that matters.

1) CLEANSER - I use my hands
Exposed skincare facial cleanser (salicylic acid 0.5%)

2) TONER - I use cotton buds
The body shop tea tree skin clearing mattifying toner (tea tree oil and witch hazel)

3) FACE MIST - spray onto face
avene thermal spring water face mist (to cool down skin after cleansing and toning. I also heard that you should apply the serum on wet face)

4) SERUM (wet face) - cotton buds
argan oil (use it as serum)
AND/OR
Insta natural vitamin c serum (usually this at night followed by the argan oil)

5) MOISTURIZER - I use my hands
clean and clear advantage acne control moisturizer (salicylic acid 0.5%)

ONCE A WEEK
FACE MASK
After step 1 above I do the following

SCRUB: Micro-dermabrasion scrub cleanser - i use my hands

MASK: aztec secret induan healing clay (I add few drops of tea tree oil with this) - I use a brush to apply on my face.

After the mask I have a showere and then do steps 3 and 5 I.e face mist and moisturize.

EXTRAS
spot treatment: I sometimes wet cotton buds and add tea tree oil to it then leave them on my face for 5 minutes at night. or I would put some germalin cream or sudocream and leave either one overnight.

any bleeding that may come during my regime: I put witch doctor on the area then followed by germalin cream.

thanks in advance for your feedbacks and I welcome any suggestions!

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/26/2016 8:56 pm

I heard cleansers with BHA is not effective due to it not being on skin for too long. The moisturizer with BHA should do make sure your using a alcohol free toner as it will cause drying. As for the microdermbrasion your only using 1 to 2 times a week? As for the indian mask you should only use it two or even once a weekit causes alot of drying to skin. Make sure to check if your ingridients have comedogenic items it may say non comedogenic but might have items as comedogenic try to find items that are fragrance free which is not good for skin. Good luck

MemberMember
(@defthallway)

Posted : 11/27/2016 11:04 am

@VulneraryRain

CLEANSERS WITH BHA
I heard that too but I mainly bought that particular cleanser because it was by Exposed Skincare and I heard good reviews about it. Do you recommend any other cleansers?

MICRODERMBRASION AND FACE MASK
I use both only once a week. Typically one after the other. So i will cleanse my face, do the microdermbrasion and then apply a face mask.

Thanks for the advice oncomedogenic I will check my products!@radiantsunYes i forgot to mention I now take multivitamin tablets which contains zinc etc to focus a bit on my internal body.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)