Notifications
Clear all

Using Acne.org's 10% Glycolic Acid after a non-acne.org cleanser

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 11/07/2016 8:52 pm

I wash my face with a 2.5 BP cleanser day and night, and apply a clindamycin lotion in the morning. I've tried 7% glycolic acid from derma et fusion that I got from my dermatologist. Stopped it b/c I wasn't happy how I still was getting pimples often. I still am without it, but it did help my complexion overall, and I heard good things about acne.org's. So I am waiting for it to arrive, and want to try it out on some areas I'm prone to break out in, at night.

My question is, has anyone used it with something not in the acne.org's regimen? Am I setting myself up for failure? Since I'm using it after a different cleanser, will I break out badly? Or will it help?

Nik4200 liked
MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 11/09/2016 3:45 pm

So did I just screw myself ordering the AHA+ to use with my own regimen? I figure that since it's glycolic acid I'd be fine since I used glycolic acid before with my regimen, but now I'm getting the sense that I shouldn't use it without the rest of acne.org's products or I'm going to be in hell? please help...should I just return it?

MemberMember
(@winter09)

Posted : 11/09/2016 4:30 pm

From what I read on the Internet it doesn't what other treatment you are using, that is why I ordered the aha for my son who is currently using proactive plus.

MemberMember
(@seckf93gj)

Posted : 11/09/2016 4:49 pm

okay that's a relief!

MemberMember
(@nik4200)

Posted : 07/19/2017 9:36 pm

I just started using the aha alongside my 5% prescription BP 🙂