Notifications
Clear all

Need a a Good Exfoliater

MemberMember
(@myacneproblems)

Posted : 06/18/2016 8:55 am

Has anyone used the Bliss Micro Magic Spa-Powered Microdermabrasion Treatment? Have very sensitive and acne prone skin and I need a good Exfoliater.

MemberMember
(@funnyguy69)

Posted : 06/18/2016 6:07 pm

My mom actually bought that a few months ago for me to try. In the end, I had to give it to my less acne-prone sisters because I'd have a massive breakout every time I used it. The only exfoliator I've ever found that has worked and not caused any new acne has been Burt's Bee's Acne Pore Refining Scrub.

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 06/23/2016 6:32 pm

Microdermabrasion?? Scrub???? Oh good lord. More like 'physical trauma causing more acne'. I have absolutely no idea why they put those devil-spawn in the acne section. Maybe to give you more acne so you spend more money trying to cure it???

Chemical exfoliants are the way to go.

Whatever you do, whenever you see the word 'scrub', run for your life!!!

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/25/2016 9:50 am

On 6/23/2016 at 7:32 PM, OldBooksandCats said:

Microdermabrasion?? Scrub???? Oh good lord. More like 'physical trauma causing more acne'. I have absolutely no idea why they put those devil-spawn in the acne section. Maybe to give you more acne so you spend more money trying to cure it???

Chemical exfoliants are the way to go.

Whatever you do, whenever you see the word 'scrub', run for your life!!!

wow I cannot agree more!
Most acne is partly from inflammation so I think being g rough is not s good idea. For me, I've used Epsom salt but more as a patting on rather than scrubbing.

Kari1987 liked
MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/26/2016 2:50 pm

Agreed. An acidic treatment is the way to go.