Notifications
Clear all

Help please! New regime causing breakouts?

MemberMember
(@mancityblue)

Posted : 02/06/2016 4:03 pm

Hi,
Last year I was on roaccutane/accutane for about a year and my spots were pretty much cleared after I stopped for about 2-3 months. Now they are starting to come back,quite bad again, mostly along my jawline. Because of this I decided to buy some acne products to help my skin, I've never really followed a regime before so I am new to applying products to my face. I started on the 3rd of February and have started to use these products:

Cetaphil 236 ml Gentle Skin Cleanser -{LINK REMOVED}

InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner -{LINK REMOVED}

Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash -{LINK REMOVED}

Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser -{LINK REMOVED}

InstaNatural Acne Spot Treatment -{LINK REMOVED}

However, from using these products twice daily my spots have become a lot redder and angrier, and I have also broke out quite bad as well, previous spots now being whiteheads. I thought this might be the exfoliator so I am only going to use it 2x a week from now.I was just wondering if this is supposed to happen before it gets better??I Is it getting the rubbish out of my skin?Should I carry on to see if it does get better?? I have only used this regime for 4 days and now my skin is a lot worse!

Thanks

MemberMember
(@vxnova)

Posted : 02/06/2016 7:20 pm

Have you tried using a salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide medication for your skin? Looks like you are exfoliating and cleansing it well but you need some medication to work on the acne afterwards.

MemberMember
(@mancityblue)

Posted : 02/06/2016 7:30 pm

The instanatural is a salicylic acid treatment but it just seems to dry the spot,not reduce the redness and as a result it hasn't done anything...

MemberMember
(@vxnova)

Posted : 02/06/2016 9:08 pm

1 hour ago, mancityblue said:

The instanatural is a salicylic acid treatment but it just seems to dry the spot,not reduce the redness and as a result it hasn't done anything...

When I read about this product it does not mention salicylic acid but regardless you need a product that will attack the acne bacteria. Have you tried benzoyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@katyr)

Posted : 02/06/2016 9:28 pm

Have you changed your diet lately? A lot of my acne problems stemmed from something I was eating. It took me 4.5 years to figure it out when dermatologists only wanted to give me medications to solve the problem. I figured it out myself, eventually, and i've spent the past 2.5 years rebuilding and nurturing my skin back to health. My routine looks a lot like yours, but I use much different products. More natural products, and really expensive, but it's the only thing I spend extra money on. I'll list my routine below, but also, with any new routine give yourself a few weeks to notice any change.

Morning & Night:
Josh Rosebrook- moisturizing cleanser
Humphrey's- pure witch hazel toner
Josh Rosebrook- Hydrating Accelerator (mixed with rose water)
Primal Organics- C-Ex.
AM only: Drink 1 glass of water with 2-3 tsp great lakes collagen
(usually I do not wear makeup, if I do it's very light)

Every other night: I oil cleanse with hemp oil (specifically hemp oil, low comedogenic properties)
Exfoliate with a wash cloth as needed.

Once each week I will do one of the following mask treatments:
Raw honey
Raw honey w/ himalyan salt (if needing exfoliation)
Josh Rosebrook cooca
Clay- green or red whichever I'm feeling
Origins Charcoal
Egg yolk

Once each month:
Deeper treatment using some sort of resurfacing product. This is the only real chemicals I use on my skin.

Drink PLENTY of water (with lemon or lime)
Get plenty of sleep

And most importantly give it time and be patient. I know it's hard, but if you stick with it you will see progress.

MemberMember
(@mancityblue)

Posted : 02/07/2016 10:57 am

I haven't really changed my diet but I have started to reduce my dairy intake as I've heard it can increase acne. I always drink 2L of water a day usually without fail. I'm going to keep with this regime for 2weeks and see if I see any improvement because at the moment it has just made my acne worse. If it doesn't improve I might just change my acne treatment in the regime to benzoyl peroxide and see if that makes the difference. As I am new to this regime could my skin be purging? If so, how long would this take to die down?

Thanks.