Notifications
Clear all

Changing SkinCare Products

MemberMember
(@letskeepitvirtual)

Posted : 01/28/2016 7:12 am

Hey guys this Morning i went to a skin therapist for my leftover red marks and acne scarring and they suggested i change my current skincare products as it's too rough on my skin (Garnier) . They suggested i change to a brand they sell called Nimue which is way out of my price range, however recently i found a store locally which sells tea tree oil and aloe vera gel skincare products which is atleast 3 times cheaper and was wondering if it's okay to switch to those? I'm going to start going for monthly facials at the skin therapist for my current scarring and just needed softer and lighter skincare products and was wondering if these would suffice?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/28/2016 11:19 am

When trying to go milder...I trust products like Cetaphil for cleansing and moisturizing. To help with my acne marks I rarely use any scrubs, I stick to chemical exfoliants like creams with glycolic acid or lactic acid.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/28/2016 12:31 pm

whats the name of the tea tree and aloe products you were thinking of trying? i have noticed theyre not all created equal. tea tree is great for treating active acne but i dont think is going to really do a whole lot for the red marks though. i looked up the ingredients of the nimue cleansing gel on cosdna and in my opinion, it doesnt look all that great. it has a bit of glycolic acid and lactic acid. glycloic acid is aha which gently exfoliates for skin cell turnover, which gets rid of red marks faster. if you can get to a heath food store there are things there that would help and better ingredients than nimue;
beauty without cruelty aha cleanser https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Without-Cruelty-Facial-Cleanser/dp/B003FODWVC/
beauty without cruelty aha renewing moisturizing lotion Beauty Without Cruelty Renewal Moisturizing [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@letskeepitvirtual)
MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/28/2016 3:22 pm

i am not a big fan of the body shop products. i dont think they are much of a step up from garnier, though they look like they should be and are priced like they should be. but they really have all the same kind of ingredients that make them harsh like sulfates. body shop puts palmitates in all their products and those causes acne. i definitively dont think think they will help red marks, if that is your main concern.
you could always give it a try though. some people really like body shop. ive heard good things about the tea tree blemish night fade lotion. there are reviews of it fading red marks on makeupalley (i think i read them there)..