Notifications
Clear all

Need something to prevent my chin cystic acne

MemberMember
(@johnsone2)

Posted : 01/26/2016 12:10 pm

I have been using Differin .1 gel for almost a year now and it has helped me quite a bit. My cystic acne breakouts became less frequent and almost nonexistent. Then in the beginning of December 2015 I started to get a few cysts on my chin and they haven't stopped since. I am thinking it was due to stress from finals week, but I'm still getting cysts and they won't stop. Are there any supplements or over the counter medications that have helped any of you with cystic acne? I don't want to have to go to the dermatologist and pay hundreds of dollars for something that might not work because I am in college and don't have the money for that. I would love anyone's help or input. Thanks!! 🙂

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/26/2016 1:31 pm

I use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. I use it on my whole face every day and night. This has controlled my acne very well for the past three years. But I use it in a whole process...cleanse, treat and moisturize. It is called The Regimen and it has kept me clear for about 3 years now.

Other than that I found that tretinoin works very well to make acne go away faster...but never helped in the prevention department.

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 01/29/2016 4:49 am

Hmm if we wanna get down to the science level, you could assume that these cystic breakouts are being caused by adifferent variable than the one that caused the cysts that differin helped/cured.
Differin helps cell turn over, keratinization, pores less likely to get clogged, dah deh dah you know the drill. So, these cysts are probably not caused by whatever was causing the last, as you can't reallly become resistant to a retinoid.
So my adivice would be to stay on the differin, and as for ideas to treat your current issue, the only suggestion that I can offer from personal experience is sulfur. Either in an oitment or soap. Works great as a spot treatment and for all over! Almost had me cured there for a bit last year, but now i'm on differin myself currently.