Notifications
Clear all

Help Greatly Appreciated 🙂

MemberMember
(@firefistace)

Posted : 04/28/2015 2:54 pm

Hi All,

First of all thanks in advance for the read, I am 23 and trying my best to battle the forces of acne but I need help on what products I should use:

Current

• Simple - Kind to Skin - Cleanser [x2 a day morning and night]
  • Simple - Kind to Skin - Toner [x2 a day morning and night]
  • Simple Anti spot Blemish Control Moisturiser [x2 a day morning and night]
  • Isotrexin - gel treatment - x1 night
  • Lymecycline - Antibiotic Tablet - x1 night

Diet + Lifestyle

• I eat healthy, lack of fast food and go to gym every other day.

At the moment this was working until I broke out (as shown on the pics), I tried using Effaclar Duo + Moisturiser but my skin seems a bit dry today. I think I have combination skin (oily in the day but cheeks feel congested...)

Not sure whether to:

A) Change my routine?

B) Try Effaclar Duo+ in the evening?

C) BodyShop do an aloe vera range, which might be good for redness? - [Edited link out]

Ps. I'm from the UK so products may vary.

- FireFistAce

post-450635-0-62954700-1430250824.jpg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/28/2015 3:22 pm

Hello firefistace,

Thank you for sharing your regimen and picture with us. You do indeed seem to be having some breakouts. Since you have mentioned that you work out, do you take amino or protein shakes by any chance?

MemberMember
(@firefistace)

Posted : 04/28/2015 3:30 pm

hey :)

Yeah, it's quite hard to share pics but a pic is a 1000 words so.... rather that than me explaining it!

Yes I take protein shakes, Maxi Muscle, how comes?

- FireFistAce

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/29/2015 2:49 pm

Hello firefistace,

Yes I do agree that the picture is explanation enough.

More often than not, a lot of body builders or those who like to work out credit their break outs to sweating. Although this is just one factor, protein shakes is also one of the culprits. Manufacturers put so much artificial ingredients in these drinks that they could affect your skin and your over all health. You could try eliminating the protein shakes from your diet and see how your skin reacts. Good luck!

Yeah, it's quite hard to share pics but a pic is a 1000 words so.... rather that than me explaining it!

- FireFistAce

MemberMember
(@firefistace)

Posted : 04/29/2015 3:54 pm

Hello firefistace,

More often than not, a lot of body builders or those who like to work out credit their break outs to sweating. Although this is just one factor, protein shakes is also one of the culprits. Manufacturers put so much artificial ingredients in these drinks that they could affect your skin and your over all health. You could try eliminating the protein shakes from your diet and see how your skin reacts. Good luck!

- FireFistAce

Great, thanks for the advice. I will try that :)

I went to the GP today and he mentioned warming up my face and putting olive oil.... is this a "thing"?

Also what do you think about aloe vera or manuka honey for redness?

Thanks!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/01/2015 11:43 am

Hello firefistace,

We do receive several reviews from other customers who have tried aloe vera, and olive oil as a moisturizer. While some use honey as a facial mask. For more information to help you make a decision, kindly use visit our reviews section at http://www.acne.org/reviews/. However, make sure that whatever you apply on your face is non-comedogenic and that you do not have any allergies to the product.

Hello firefistace,

- FireFistAce

Great, thanks for the advice. I will try that :)

I went to the GP today and he mentioned warming up my face and putting olive oil.... is this a "thing"?

Also what do you think about aloe vera or manuka honey for redness?

Thanks!