Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Has Experience With Sodium Hyaluronate (Serum For Moisturizer)?

MemberMember
(@25at2015)

Posted : 02/24/2015 3:52 am

Has anyone ever used Sodium Hyaluronate (to be specific a serum that contains Sodium Hyaluronate that you use for moisturizer) and what's your feedback?

Ever since I used a moisturizer for the first time in my life a few weeks ago (my skin is naturally very oily), I started developing whiteheads on my right chin only (other parts are much much better). So my dermatologist changed the moisturizer into a serum which contains 3 ingredients: aqua, sodium hyaluronate and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). I looked all over the internet and everyone says these are very good and non-comedogenic ingredients. However after using this serum for over a week, I still see some whiteheads and I even feel it's clogging my pores and I feel a bit greasy. At the same time it doesn't seem to be hydrating enough.

So I'm wondering if I should stop using this, or this is normal as an initial reaction and should just continue using it?

Also do you guys have any recommendation for non-comedogenic moisturizer which is light, aqua-based and good for oily skin people?

Thanks so much !!!

MemberMember
(@lyn-b)

Posted : 04/25/2015 12:20 am

The only thing I've found that moisturizes, gets rid of flakes, leaves no emollient film and doesn't break me out is a blend of one spray of Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray and 3 drops of Dr. Dennis Gross Hydrating Super Serum mixed together in the palm of my hand then applied to my face and neck. I've tried other SH products and had the same issues you did, but haven't had any problems whatsoever with the DDS stuff. I have no idea how it works so well without any sort of emollient greasiness, but it does. It's almost magical and makes my skin look and feel awesome! The serum on its own dries too quickly to spread much, but the face spray solves that problem. If you can't afford it, the next best thing I've found is Olay fragrance free Regenerist Regenerating Serum. You can find it for about $17 for a 1.7 oz. pump dispenser bottle. I hated Paula's Choice Clear Skin Hydrator. It sounds perfect but it's super thick, leaves a very heavy, slick coating and breaks me out. It's the worst of the huge mountain of moisturizers I've tried. Good luck!