Notifications
Clear all

I Think I Found A Hg Moisturizer For Us!

MemberMember
(@joang)

Posted : 04/03/2014 3:06 pm

Just thought I 'd share this for those who are like me and hate using a moisturizer because it makes me oily but need it because I'm flakey. I went into CVS looking for a new moisturizer and expected to spend $15 or so on something I would end up hating but found an aloe vera and hylaronic acid GEL moistuizer. It's for about $8 it's called 'Dr Lin. Hydrating Gel' and is in the acne isle. (there's a whole line of 'Dr Lin' products but I was just looking for a moisturizer so I didn't even bother looking at the other stuff)

The 1st ingediant is water, the 2nd is aloe vera, and I think hylaronic acid is great b/c aloe vera isn't that moisturizing by itself. Anyway I've been using it the past few days and my skin is calm, not greasy and not flakey! It does seem a little sticky when first applied but if you've ever used just straight aloe vera gel it's pretty much like that.

If your using the Regime (I had to give it up b/c BP was just to drying for me) I don't think this will be hydrating enough but I'm using BHA and just spot treating with BP and it's the perfect amount of moisture for me.

Good luck fellow warriors!

MemberMember
(@livefreealways)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:26 pm

wow nice.. was your face really oily before and did you have any redness and if so do you think it helped with that?

moisturizers seem to make me oily while never getting rid of dryness so i might try something new

are you sure though that it has gotten rid of your dryness because sometimes it seems like my face isnt dry if i put on moisturizer after the shower but if i let my face air dry then all the dryness shows?

Just thought I 'd share this for those who are like me and hate using a moisturizer because it makes me oily but need it because I'm flakey. I went into CVS looking for a new moisturizer and expected to spend $15 or so on something I would end up hating but found an aloe vera and hylaronic acid GEL moistuizer. It's for about $8 it's called 'Dr Lin. Hydrating Gel' and is in the acne isle. (there's a whole line of 'Dr Lin' products but I was just looking for a moisturizer so I didn't even bother looking at the other stuff)

The 1st ingediant is water, the 2nd is aloe vera, and I think hylaronic acid is great b/c aloe vera isn't that moisturizing by itself. Anyway I've been using it the past few days and my skin is calm, not greasy and not flakey! It does seem a little sticky when first applied but if you've ever used just straight aloe vera gel it's pretty much like that.

If your using the Regime (I had to give it up b/c BP was just to drying for me) I don't think this will be hydrating enough but I'm using BHA and just spot treating with BP and it's the perfect amount of moisture for me.

Good luck fellow warriors!

MemberMember
(@joang)

Posted : 04/07/2014 7:14 am

Sorry so long to reply, but yes I am still really liking this moisturizer- actually more than when I first posted about it. My face was not super red but it was very flakey. At first I was applying alot of this moisturizer but have since found you only need a thin layer of it for it to work best.

It really has gotten rid of my dryness, my face was the same- in the morning after my shower it would be fine but after all day in the office it would start drying and flaking (especially around my chin and mouth). With this gel it stays good all day and does not get oily either. I really am loving it!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/07/2014 12:48 pm

Thanks for posting this

tried staright up aloe a few mnths ago and though broke me out but so much was going on I cant be sure

desp need a no thrilled moisturizer and am afraid of what to try next

Picked up garnier gel something

the fragrance so strong...burning my eyes!

UGH

going back and the search continues

Kim