Notifications
Clear all

Help Get Rid Of The Flakes

MemberMember
(@taylorswiftlover123)

Posted : 03/31/2014 5:21 pm

Hello fellow acne sufferers,

I have been on Duac(benzoyl peroxide + clindamycin) and retin a micro .04 % now for over a year, and my skin is so oily, yet so flaky. I am trying to cure my flakiness. I am currently using cetaphil moisturizer, but it is not doing enough.

Here are my options:

-jojoba oil

-Cetaphil moisturizing cream

-aquaphor

-cerave pm moisturizer

what are your thoughts?

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/31/2014 5:30 pm

Try the CeraVe PM moisturizer I have heard nothing but great things about it! The Cetaphil moisturizing cream might be too thick and the jojoba oil works well for some people but makes other people break out. Or you could try adding some jojoba oil to your present moisturizer (after you do a patch test with the jojoba).

I am not familiar with the aquaphor so I can't comment.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 03/31/2014 9:29 pm

I keep having flaking skin when I use BP, and i've noticed some things that help a lot. Putting AHA+ into your regimen is my #1 solution, jojoba oil combined with moisturizer is #2, and extra moisturizing(I mean to use more moisturizer than you normally would, and using an ultra-moisturizing moisturizer) is #3. The best cure that I found for my flaking is using less BP. I still get clearer without all the side effects when I use less BP. In your case, I'm not sure if you can lower the dosage, but that's something you can ask your dermatologist.

I also have oily skin, and it flaked while being oily and dry at the same time.

MemberMember
(@james-howard)

Posted : 04/03/2014 7:26 am

I know little about thee creams.My cousin had such skin and he used some medicine and some what ok now.I can send you the name and availability later if you need.