Notifications
Clear all

Sulphur Soap?

MemberMember
(@joey231)

Posted : 02/22/2014 1:29 am

Has anyone used the sulphur bar soap for washing the face? Is it any good? Any side effects other than the sulphur-specific smell? Thank you

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:19 am

I have been cleansing my face with a sulphur bar soap called Grandpas Thylox for about 6 months. It has my complexion looking good.....best it has been in 35 years. The product is not loaded with chemicals either, which is good for me since I have ultra sensitive skin. I was using a prescription sulfur/sodium sufacetimide cleanser for 12 months prior and it was OK but still seemed to block my pores a bit. The only side effect I've had with the Thylox is that it can cause some drying/flakiness. It took a little trial and error to hone in on my frequency of use, how long to leave on, etc.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:21 am

Has anyone used the sulphur bar soap for washing the face? Is it any good? Any side effects other than the sulphur-specific smell? Thank you

It's fairly good, though I prefer leave-on lotions.

You can get dryness. I don't think sulfur stains clothes, but it could tarnish jewelery.

MemberMember
(@reneebrown)

Posted : 03/02/2014 3:48 am

i added Sulphur to my routine once, my skin had a bad reaction to it which made it irritating, i went to the doctors and they switched me to salicylic acid products. Smell was..ok..

MemberMember
(@jonquil)

Posted : 03/15/2014 10:43 am

Been using a sulphur bar soap for almost 4mos. My face is less oily, and I dont get as much pustules as I used to. Side effects for me: dryness/peeling but only on my jaw and chin area, but it's fine once I dab a moisturizer. :)