Notifications
Clear all

Getting Away From The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@william789)

Posted : 02/10/2014 7:30 pm

I've been on the regimen from Acne.org for about a year and a half. It has worked great and my skin has become clear. However, its incredibly expensive and the products do not last to long before you need to place an order for a new bottle. It also takes quite some time to simply apply each product, being about 30 minutes between waiting 10 minutes in between and actually rubbing it in.

With this issues at hand, I wanted to try to find a less expensive solution and less time consuming one to simply prevent acne. I went to neutrogena's "Clear Pore mask/cleanser" twice and day and applying neutrogena's "oil-free moisturizer with sunscreen SPF 15" after each cleanse. Well my face soon started to break out and I have had a few cysts pop up. I also used a spinning facial brush every other day with my cleanser to try exfoliation.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a simple facial routine or find an issue with my current routine? I do not want to use Acne.org alternative routine since it also involves buying benzoyl peroxide medication in a 2 OZ tube, which runs out in a few days.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 02/10/2014 8:38 pm

Well, to start with, you're not going to find anything as cost-effective as the regimen. As expensive as it may initially seem, it's pretty cheap in the long run. As you said, most benzoyl peroxide products are usually sold in smaller amounts. You won't get 8-16oz product anywhere else!

True, the application can become tedious, but at what cost is it worth giving that up? Also remember, the 10 minute time frame between applying product is only a recommendation, if you feel your skin is dry enough you can do things in a shorter amount of time. I did and it worked no differently. The skin merely has to be dry for the BP to absorb.

It is entirely up to you, but stopping the regimen so abruptly will cause your acne to return. Any good skin-care regimen takes time and routine, slapdash regimens will not work as effectively.