Notifications
Clear all

Is It Bad If You Leave Bp Face Wash On For Too Long?

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 12/08/2012 11:17 pm

I try to be really thorough so some parts are covered in the BP face wash for 3-5 minutes.

Is that bad?

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/09/2012 12:44 am

it can burn the skin. use a good moisteurizer. also bp has been linked to aggravate tumors and maybe cause cancers. good luck friend.

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 12/09/2012 12:55 am

I want to switch to using a normal face wash + BP cream after (sparingly) but I am scared that I might breakout. I have 0 pimples since 2-3 months now though. Should I try it?

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 12/09/2012 2:53 am

Its up to you really. If the BP wash is working for you and not burning your skin then I say stick to what has been working. Congrats on having no pimples for 2-3 months!!!

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/09/2012 3:29 am

That depends. What are the ingredients, besides BP? Usually, face washes aren't meant to be in contact with skin for that long. I'd say a non-medicated face wash and BP gel afterwards is a more logical approach, but hey...if you're free of acne, then why change your routine? Apparently, this works for you. Congrats!

Also, don't believe a word of what Ichance23 said about BP causing cancer. It's rubbish and he should know it, since people have showed him the evidence before. Apparently, he can't let go.