Notifications
Clear all

At what age do you stop getting acne?

MemberMember
(@dave666)

Posted : 08/11/2004 3:43 am

I realise it's different for eveyone, but roughly at what age do males stop suffering from acne?

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@ally)

Posted : 08/11/2004 4:39 am

My brother and sister had mild acne and they all grew out of it round about 18-19.

MemberMember
(@avron)

Posted : 08/11/2004 4:41 am

Ok, I've done a lot of reading about this...

I wish I'd know myself, it varies from a person to another, it mainly depends on your genes, if any of your parents have adult acne, then chances of you developing adult acne are high.

Anyway males who develope acne at early ages (13,16) usually start clearing up around their 19s,20s. websites claim that acne lasts for 3-5 years after it's onset.

I really don't know. however I've noticed that guys who had clear skin during their teens get a 'blown up face' around their 18s, by blown up I mean LOTS of blemishes all of a sudden. you can research this online. smile.gif

MemberMember
(@ewok)

Posted : 08/11/2004 8:30 am

I really don't know. however I've noticed that guys who had clear skin during their teens get a 'blown up face' around their 18s, by blown up I mean LOTS of blemishes all of a sudden. you can research this online. smile.gif
MemberMember
(@mest)

Posted : 08/11/2004 9:28 am

Ahhh, sounds like me..I started getting a zit or 2 when i was bout 17....and a little bit more from june last year.

AND in april it hit me like a ton of bricks...both sides of my face were covered in acne.

The acne is starting to clear up...at the moment i hav about 4 live 1's....haha..but im stuck with tons...and i mean tons...of blemishes...

Oh yeah..I turned 19 last month...So if anyone knows when people like me will start clearing up...if i clear up...could u please give me a rough idea?..

Oh and neither of my parents have adult acne...i'm like the only 1 in the family who has had acne this bad.. sad.gif

Thanks

MemberMember
(@genecosta1)

Posted : 08/11/2004 11:21 am

I would guess the "earlier the better". Although some people keep their acne right through adulthood. I was one of the first people to get acne a year and a half ago, and now I'm noticing alot of more people breaking out every day....

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/11/2004 11:25 am

Well, I got it at 11 and it's still going strong at 32. My Dad is in his late 50s and still breaks out. At least I can keep it clear with the Regimen tho.

The answer is really that it totally depends on genetics. I would ask your parents and grandparents how long it took them to get a good idea.

-Dan

MemberMember
(@mdawg202)

Posted : 08/11/2004 11:38 am

guess acne is like the chickenpox better to get it while your young i guess you4r body learns how to fight it, and u don't get it anymore as an adult? anyway how many people have acne during their teens, and continue to have it in their twenties, thirties too

MemberMember
(@stoneman)

Posted : 08/11/2004 4:47 pm

Interesting thread. I asked my doctor this and he said the same thing that it all depends on genetics and whether one of or both your parents had acne when they were younger. He also said that acne, in most cases; doesn't go away by itself and you should do something about it as soon as it starts.

So, I asked my parents if they had acne when they were younger and my dad confessed that he did have acne from 19 yrs - 25 yrs old. My mum has never had acne. So that explains my acne but that also means that its very likely that my acne will not go away til I'm 25! I'm 20 right now and I dont wanna wait another 5 years for it to go away! Since I have had acne since 15 that'll be 10 years of acne. I'm not standing for it anymore and I told my parents this. I'm going to fix it right now before it gets worse.

Anyway, my parents have always said that you should leave it alone and it'll go away by itself. That is complete BULLSHIT! 5 Years of acne cannot be considered 'a phase in my life'. In fact it means that my acne has been with me for a quarter of my life. I find that completely unacceptable.

For anyone whos reading this and has just started to get a bit of acne, please sort it out early; see a doctor and dont make the same mistakes as I did or it WILL get worse.

MemberMember
(@mest)

Posted : 08/11/2004 5:51 pm

I agree..try to treat it as early as possible.

But now im clearing slowly but surely thanks to Dans regime... bb_eusa_dance.gif

*Bows to Dan*

Now all thats left for me to do is to go interrogate my parents about when their acne went... bb_icon_twisted.gif

*Evil laugh echoes down the hallway....*

MemberMember
(@ilovemyfuturehusband)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:57 pm

It depends.

When boys hit puberty at the age of 12-18 it may flare up and increase.

Due to the high levels of hormones, changed in the body.

If you are a women who suffers from acne its most likely it is hormonal acne which happens one, she to start puberty , two when you have your period, you may get acne flare ups prior to a week or two.

Unfortunately antibiotics aren't good because they are very bad for the health as it is all bad chemicals being placed inside the body, and this is how when you use them for months you may get resistance.

Your body gets immune to it.

But the good news is, acne comes frame hormones and the inside not the OUTSIDE this is why those lotions, Etc are only temporary and do start to lose its effectiveness.

Acne comes from the inside therefore you need to take plenty of multi vitamins, nutrition is good.

Good health food was made for a reason, you should drink plenty of water (1litre).

Try natural pills such as Natures cure it should help .

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/21/2013 6:44 pm

I know males in their 40s+ that still get acne.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 05/22/2013 10:33 am

lol.. Never.. I'm 33 and still suffer from acne, though it is kept under control with the regimen... I have a growth on my adrenal gland that causes the hormone influxes that effect my skin, thus the life long battle with acne.. Just my reality... :)

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/22/2013 2:25 pm

I'm almost 20 and my acne is still at large. I must say I did have worse acne a few years ago on my cheeks and forehead, but now it's limited to my chin and nose.

I'm considering the regimen again, but it's a little too expensive for me at the moment living in the UK.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/22/2013 2:38 pm

For most young males 25 years of age tops

After that got find help.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:56 pm

For most young males 25 years of age tops

After that got find help.

Agreed. I am almost 26 and still have it. Since I am obviously not going to grow out of it, hoping Accutane takes care of it.