Regimen and Oily Sk...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen and Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@viktorilyich)

Posted : 02/28/2005 8:52 pm

I've been on the regimen now for about two months I think and it is working very well, but I have a problem that I have noticed some others on the board have - oily skin. I use very little moisturizer. (For anybody who has the Eucerin skin renewal, I use only one squirt for my entire face). My skin never gets dry and I feel like if I use any more moisturizer, my face just gets that much oilier. I dont' know what to do. I am considering getting some sort of mattifier, I think neutrogena makes one, or using astringent, but I have heard that can irritate pores and result in more oil production.

If anybody has had this problem and has any ideas, please let me know.

MemberMember
(@izelemontea)

Posted : 02/28/2005 8:56 pm

When I was on the regimen, my face dried out, even if I put a palm-full (exaggeration, but you get the idea) of moisturizer on my face. *shrug*

MemberMember
(@twofer)

Posted : 03/02/2005 3:23 pm

Same here, Im using moisturizer from Neutrogena and I use very little, and my face is a bit oily.

MemberMember
(@hazelnut66)

Posted : 03/03/2005 7:18 pm

well what about being extremely oily?? any regimens that by some miraculous chance i haven't tried?!

MemberMember
(@izelemontea)

Posted : 03/03/2005 9:07 pm

Hmm, its pretty different for me guys. I use Oxy 5%/10% while I used to be on the regimen. My face dried out, oil production is minimal.

MemberMember
(@groovykiwi)

Posted : 12/25/2013 4:47 am

I am noticing this too, and I have been on the regimen for about a month. I am thinking because I am rubbing my skin instead of patting it like I did in the beginning. I will start patting it and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/27/2013 4:44 pm

Try CVS absorbent sheets to remove excess oil. Or look into vitamin D3. A lot of people with oily skin have had a reduction in oil.