Notifications
Clear all

Kieh'ls Ultra Facial Moisturizer (and toner question too)

MemberMember
(@curlygirl715)

Posted : 02/20/2004 1:05 am

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and I'm very happy that I found this site. I'm very anxious to begin the regimen! I just recieved Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer in the mail. Has anybody used this as part of the regimen?

Also, does anybody use a toner with the regimen? In the past I've always washed and toned. I've never even used a moisturizer faithfully because they always seem to break me out (even cetaphil). If you do use a toner, when? Do you wash, tone, use bp cream, and then moisturize?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to reading your replies!

Cyndi

MemberMember
(@dohdamnnotagain)

Posted : 02/20/2004 2:34 am

Heheh, Cyndi (Reminds me of Cyndi Lauper, damnit!)

Well, i'd say you should use something other than Kiehls, I used some Kiehls are the beggining, perhaps not the same kind, but it simply was too oily and heavy. So, I reviewed Dan's recommended products, and suprise, I found Eucerin Renewal. I can not stop preaching bout this. That, is the moisturizer to go with. I am convinced It aided me in getting clear, and kept me moisturized.

(I don't know what a toner is, sorry...)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/20/2004 9:39 am

are you using kiehls blue herbal facial toner?

if so, it's too harsh...very drying.

kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer is ok,

but i didn't like the way it felt on my skin.

i've tried a lot of kiehls products,

and have come to the conclusion.....

facial products are not the best for acne proned skin

but the rest of the line(body, hair, lip balm) is great!

i use all dr. hauschka's products now....

facial toner is the best.

MemberMember
(@curlygirl715)

Posted : 02/20/2004 6:05 pm

Thanks guys!

I'm going to run to Eckerds and see if I can find some Eucerin Renewal!

Cyndi

MemberMember
(@curlygirl715)

Posted : 02/20/2004 6:12 pm

Well, I'm not sure abou the Eucerin Renewal. When Dave talks mentions recommended products on his webpage, it says not to use this moisturizer when beginning the regimen. I'm also concerned about the other moisturizers because they have SPF. I'm not sure but I think sunscreens break me out. That is why I ordered the Kiehl's online -- they make it with and without suncreen. But I may try the Neutrogena just to see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@dohdamnnotagain)

Posted : 02/20/2004 7:34 pm

Good idea Cyndi! I hadn't thought of that. The sunscreen part for me was fine, it actually helped me, I think, but the Neutrogena would be good, at the begining, but I still advise you to try Eucerin Renewal.

MemberMember
(@jlandin1986)

Posted : 03/12/2013 9:55 am

Kielh's makes an assortment of great products. They do have an oil-free ultra facial line if you're finding some of their products are too heavy/oily for you.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/13/2013 1:10 am

If you're going to follow the Regimen, then for best results follow it exactly as Dan describes. Dont add or remove steps/products, which means eliminate the toner from your routine. The BP will be very drying at first and toner will just further irritate your skin.

Good luck with your search for a good moisturiser. I think its a very personal thing, and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.