Staying on the regi...

Notifications
Clear all

Staying on the regimen for how long?

MemberMember
(@t-dawg)

Posted : 09/19/2016 2:04 pm

Hey, i just wanted to get some info from you guys cause i was wondering how long did you use BP for and when you stopped what did you switch to that kept you clear. Cause i don't plan to stay on this regimen for more than 1 year maybe less, i want to know cause BP is really aggressive on my skin as it flakes and make me more sensitivity to the sun and sometimes burns my skin. I don't like using it but i like how it stops acne well. But if you guys can give me some info on you stopping the regimen or what products keep you clear that isn't BP. Please note i know everyone is different and some want to stay on it for long periods of time for it's ablity to stop acne. But i plan to stop using as soon as i'm clear for awhile then gradually come and use more gentle ways. And did you stop cold turkey or gradually for those who don't use BP anymore.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/19/2016 2:11 pm

For me I haven't used anything as effective as BP...I try to taper the amount of BP but acne always comes back so I know I haven't outgrown acne as of yet. The ideal thing would be to find out what causes your acne...if it is hygiene, hormones, diet, etc. Once you find out what causes it then you can find ways on how to go about treating it.

For me it is hormones and my PCOS. I have to go through diet changes and weightloss to help with the symptoms. I am trying to do that now but while doing that I am also still on the regimen cause I don't want to breakout.

MemberMember
(@t-dawg)

Posted : 09/19/2016 3:00 pm

49 minutes ago, nicmic62 said:

For me I haven't used anything as effective as BP...I try to taper the amount of BP but acne always comes back so I know I haven't outgrown acne as of yet. The ideal thing would be to find out what causes your acne...if it is hygiene, hormones, diet, etc. Once you find out what causes it then you can find ways on how to go about treating it.

For me it is hormones and my PCOS. I have to go through diet changes and weightloss to help with the symptoms. I am trying to do that now but while doing that I am also still on the regimen cause I don't want to breakout.

Yeah, i think i'm going to try that when i'm competlely clear by the regimen. My sister became a vegan and totally cleared her skin up so i'm wondering if that will do the trick even though i love meat lol, i know we're different people but same genetics not fully but a lot of the same. But i will look and reduce my usage as i get more clear because i don't like using a ton lol, but the regimen tells me too

And p.s how do i know if it's my hormone? do i go see a doctor for that? Blood test?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/19/2016 5:06 pm

2 hours ago, t-dawg said:
Yeah, i think i'm going to try that when i'm competlely clear by the regimen. My sister became a vegan and totally cleared her skin up so i'm wondering if that will do the trick even though i love meat lol, i know we're different people but same genetics not fully but a lot of the same. But i will look and reduce my usage as i get more clear because i don't like using a ton lol, but the regimen tells me too

And p.s how do i know if it's my hormone? do i go see a doctor for that? Blood test?

Yeah, I knew mine was a hormonal issue because my doctor ran some blood work and other tests to determine my hormones were kinda off. I'm sure you can also ask your physician for more information about that.

Going vegan would be great for me...but yeah...burgers man!! I can't!!! Hahaha.

t-dawg liked