acne after 5months ...

Notifications
Clear all

acne after 5months again

MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/19/2016 10:17 pm

Good day everyone! I came across this website and decided to sign up for personal advice. Ive been using the regimen since 2014. I have decided to tapered it down to use the bp to once daily since I only have some zits of about 1 or 2. During my regimen, I am also taking althea pills due to some obgyne reasons. I was off the pill for 5 months now and I noticed that I am having zits all over. More so on my mouth area. It is just bad and is depressing me. I am having oily skin also. I returned my regimen from the start and Im on my 2nd week. Im also having tiny bumps on my forehead and my nose. I am planning to purchase the aha earlier and use it as a spot treatment. Will that be ok or harmful? Do I also need to take the althea pill again? Im afraid to worsen my case but more afraid not to conceived this year. :(  pls help. I need your advise!im so depress of how bad my acne looks now.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/20/2016 10:38 am

Since you are sort of just starting back up the regimen...give it time to work for you before adding in any more. If I were you I would hold off on the birth control and AHA for the moment. You can incorporate the AHA after being on the full regimen for a month. You can revisit the idea of birth control later on but for now give the regimen some time to work for your skin.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/20/2016 10:10 pm

11 hours ago, nicmic62 said:

Since you are sort of just starting back up the regimen...give it time to work for you before adding in any more. If I were you I would hold off on the birth control and AHA for the moment. You can incorporate the AHA after being on the full regimen for a month. You can revisit the idea of birth control later on but for now give the regimen some time to work for your skin.

Hi nicmic! Honestly, I religiously have read your profile and blogs. I am lifted whenever I feel depressed by your successful stories. How I wish my journey through this acne dilemma will be as clear as you are now.  Are you also taking a pill until now? Have you ever tried getting off from it? What products are you using?pls help. I need your advice :( and everyone who's going trough the same boat like mine.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/21/2016 10:24 am

I am here to try and help so I am glad I can do that for you.

I am still taking the pill now but have switched from Diane 35 to Ortho Tri Cyclen which is a lower dose of hormones. The primary reason why I take it is to regulate my period. There was a period of 2 months I believe when I went of birth control and I was extremely glad my skin was still clear with using only The Regimen. This pretty much made it obvious that the regimen really did clear my acne and not just because I was on birth control.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/22/2016 12:00 am

Thanks for the encouragement nicmic. I just purchased online the cerave. Do you know any establishment or drugstore who sell the one you were using? I bought it online. And will try later. I am going back to my OB this weekend reg. my hormonal problem too. Have you ever used revlon colorstay too? I am kinda using it just now bec. I wanna hide the acne marks. Not helping on hiding the bumps!hayyyy....

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/22/2016 9:52 am

I can buy it at drugstores here in Canada. They sell the usual cerave, cetaphil, aveeno type of lotions. You might find it in grocery stores?

Yes I do use revlon colorstay. It hides the redness from acne very well, but as for bumps, no foundation can really mask them completely.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/23/2016 4:35 am

Oh.. I thought you're in the Phils. I dont think they have that in the local drugstores or groceries here. Hmm.... Im still on the process of the regimen. Do I need to go back to square one even though Im on the regimen since 2014?

MemberMember
(@looovidubs)

Posted : 09/23/2016 5:56 pm

On 22/09/2016 at 10:52 PM, nicmic62 said:

I can buy it at drugstores here in Canada. They sell the usual cerave, cetaphil, aveeno type of lotions. You might find it in grocery stores?

Yes I do use revlon colorstay. It hides the redness from acne very well, but as for bumps, no foundation can really mask them completely.

Oh.. I thought you're in the Phils. I dont think they have that in the local drugstores or groceries here. Hmm.... Im still on the process of the regimen. Do I need to go back to square one even though Im on the regimen since 2014?