Mild to less than m...

Notifications
Clear all

Mild to less than mild acne?

MemberMember
(@tyce22)

Posted : 03/23/2016 7:07 pm

Hi this is my first post here. I am on day two of the regimen, I just wondered if anyone could answer a few questions for me. I don't quite know how to classify my acne. I get like 3-4 pimples every 1-2 weeks, they are usually whiteheads, papules, and pustules, and always in different spots. The bigger ones have left marks on my face. Would you say this is mild acne?

About the regimen, since I don't have a ton of acne, should I keep to a smaller dose of benzoyl peroxide? And only once a day? Or should I still work my way up to applying it like the instructions say?

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 03/25/2016 10:51 am

I use a reduced version of the regimen to maintain clarity after accutane. I considered my acne mild to moderate. Only moderate because I had cystic bacne. I'm still new to the regimen myself, and I can't guarantee that my clarity is due to the Accutane alone, or if the regimen has something to do with it. That said, the AHA has definitely had a hug impact on my skin.

Anyway, that said, based on what I've read on the site, I think you should work up to the full amount. Once you're clear, you can back off on the amount of BP until you find the amount that works for you!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/28/2016 4:06 pm

On 3/25/2016 at 11:51 AM, Fudgesicle87 said:

I think you should work up to the full amount.  Once you're clear, you can back off on the amount of BP until you find the amount that works for you!

Great advice and couldn't have said better! :)

MemberMember
(@tyce22)

Posted : 04/01/2016 12:49 pm

Thanks for the responses, I am only spot treating right now, because I experienced severe stinging/burning that lasted about 8 hours at a time. My facedoesn't get very red, it just burns severely when I apply it all over my face. Is this an allergic reaction?