Benzoyl Peroxide su...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide suddenly burns and itches after switching cleanser?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 03/24/2016 9:23 pm

So I've been using Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar (and the CVS knockoff version) for about 6 months. I had also been using BP nightly for over a year, and had no problems with it, since I'd been on and off the Regimen since 2009. Anyway - a couple of days ago I switched cleansers to the Acne.org cleanser, because I knew that triclosan (the active ingredient in the antibacterial soaps) was bad for me, and I should probably stop using it sooner rather than later. Long story short, my face is all of a sudden a lot more itchy, I'm getting more comedonal pimples and pustules, and areas where I have BP 24/7 (I put large globs of BP on active pimples during the day to cover them up) have become swollen and developed some kind of itchy dermatitis. Why is it that all of a sudden I'm experiencing all these symptoms as if I'm applying a lot of BP for the first time? My skin should be used to it by now. I've been doing the same thing for a year, the only thing that changed is the cleanser.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/28/2016 1:48 pm

Try going back to your old cleanser and see if the symptoms go away. If they do, then chances are there is some ingredient in Dan's cleanser that your skin is reacting to. Most of us use it successfully. If this product ends up not working for you, just contact customer service, they are great about issuing refunds.

Hope everything works out!

-John- liked
Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/31/2016 3:51 pm

Hi Wombat666,

The Acne.org Cleanser is specially formulated by Dan Kern and the experts at Acne.org to heal, calm, and balance irritated acne-prone skin. There is absolutely nothing in the Acne.org Cleanser that could be causing your itchiness.

It also sounds like you are still struggling with active breakouts. If you want to get and stay clear for good heres what to do:

1. Use only the Acne.org Regimen products on your skin and absolutely nothing else. (No additional moisturizers, acne treatments, washes, scrubs, etc.)
2. Use the Acne.org Regimen products every day, twice a day (about 10 to 12 hours apart when at all possible) and be very sure to follow the instructions as closely as you can.

If you do both #1 and #2 you will have completely clear skin. We can guarantee that.

We would not advise using the Acne.org Treatment the way you described in your post. Do not apply it in globs. Apply as outlined in the Acne.org Regimen directions.

Once youve been using the Acne.org Regimen products twice a day every day for at least one month you can start to add in the Acne.org AHA+. The Acne.org AHA+ will speed the natural renewal process of your skin on a cellular level. You can dab a little bit of it onto a newly forming blemish and very gently apply until it is more-or-less aborbed or you can mix it in 50/50 with the Acne.org Moisturizer for daily all over use.

The best way to treat acne is to prevent it. As long as youre doing #1 and #2 you can just live life and be confident that your not going to break out.

Please note: For completely clear skin you must use all three steps of the Acne.org Regimen products. Do not skip a step.

DeLovely liked