Dryness Consistency...

Notifications
Clear all

Dryness Consistency?

(@ControlPanel)

Posted : 07/09/2015 8:27 pm

Hi

For those of you who are on the Acne.org regimen, please answer this question: Do you notice that after each successive day of applying benzoyl peroxide that your skin becomes increasingly dry, until one day there is extreme flaking of the skin, and all the flakes fall off?* Or do you generally experience the same amount of dryness and flakiness each day? Thanks

*Here is an example-summary of what I mean given the first scenario:

Monday (dry skin), Tuesday (drier skin), Wednesday (even drier skin), Thursday (extremely dry skin + flaking), then the cycle repeats

Any feedback is welcome!

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 07/09/2015 8:45 pm

Are you applying a good amount of moisturizer? When I started the dryness was fairly consistent. I usually use more moisturizer than bp [ex: 1 pump bp, 1.5 pump moisturizer]

MemberMember
(@militia890)

Posted : 07/10/2015 8:47 pm

I had a point where my skin got very dry and flaky, but it didn't follow a weekly pattern like that. I've moved past that phase at this point and my skin is fine.

MemberMember
(@adfreak1991)

Posted : 07/15/2015 6:44 pm

I've been on a regimen almost exactly like yours (except I use the foaming cleanser by cerave)

My skin seems to go through dry cycles too. It also happens in patches - like a few days it'll be on the left side of my chin, then it'll move to the right side. Sometimes my forehead flakes and sometimes it doesn't. But I'm on my 7th week of the regimen and have seen such great improvement that some mild flaking is worth it to me. And I think it is lessening as long as I do 2 pumps of moisturizer twice a day and only 1/3 fingers length of bp. My skin isn't perfect I still get the odd pimple here and there but it's nothing like before, I am so pleased. :) stick with it and check out my blog if u want to see more detail on my experience and pictures

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 07/16/2015 9:39 am

For me it depends on the humidity level and time of year.

Hot humid summer, rarely any dryness.

Dry winter, some dryness everyday.

I think being consistent with the moisturizer and/or jojoba oil can help prevent it from getting unmanageable though. Prevention works better than treatment, imo.

MemberMember
(@liquidstream1)

Posted : 07/24/2015 9:21 pm

I used to have very dry skin from the regimen but it has gotten much better, rarely any dryness now a days. I use Cetaphil ultra hydrating. I think what also helped me is to not take long hot showers, the temperature that I use getting in the shower is the temperature I use getting out and I keep it to a 10 minute max. Also if you workout at a gym, moisturizing before a workout has helped my dryness because the air conditioning can really dry me out afterwards even if I'm sweating. Been on the regimen for over a year. I have oily skin.

When I put on moisturizer I use 3 pumps and it seems like its way too much. But what I do is I rinse my hands of the excess moisturizer and then continue to rub in the rest that is smeared on my face. After I rinse my hands I think the excess moisturizer is absorbed by my dry hands, so this makes sure that I'm putting as much moisturizer as my face allows.

MemberMember
(@redfoxhound503)

Posted : 08/06/2015 3:40 pm

Hey Control Panel - Do you use the Acne.org AHA+ at all?