1 Month Into Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

1 Month Into Regimen.... Help!

MemberMember
(@girlgirl365)

Posted : 07/09/2015 11:22 am

Hi there!

I'm new to Acne.org and have just started the acne.org regimen! I am on week 5 now and have seen no results :( I wash my face twice a day with honey and apple cider vinegar (no face washes work for me, whichever face wash you have to recomend, i've probably tried it -.-) and then use BP and recently, the only plus is that at the 4 week mark I brought in the AHA+ and have now conquored the dry, flakiness problem I was having, so my skin does look more hydrated and healthy from that! BUT I am still getting new active acne, as well as painful cysts on my back that leave terrible scars :( yuck. Also, has anyone noticed breaking out from AHA? ever since I started it I've been getting these tiny little whiteheads around my mouth area, which is where I use the AHA the most/ get dry the most. Thanks guys! Hoping I'll see results soon.

MemberMember
(@girlgirl365)

Posted : 07/09/2015 2:30 pm

Control Panel,

I've tried just about every cleanser out there on the market, cetaphil, cerave, DKR cleasner, and many more and they all make me breakout! The only thing that doesnt make me breakout that I cleanse my face with is honey and ACV mix. And I've had acne for over ten years and make sure that I never touch my face, and I drink close to 6 L of water a day so I know neither of those are my issues, and okay, thanks for the reply I will keep with it and stick it out until I see some results, thanks :)

MemberMember
(@adfreak1991)

Posted : 07/15/2015 6:51 pm

How do you know it was the cleansers that were making you break out? With acne there are so many variables involved, especially when we use multiple products.. Plus acne can take a full 8 weeks to surface, according to my derm, because that's how long our skin takes to completely renew itself. I'd think about what else you were using, how long you have it to work, etc, before swearing off all cleansers. I'm sure a simple and gentle system used correctly consistently and for at least 8-12 weeks should see at least slight improvement. If you're a girl, you should also make sure your hormones aren't sabotaging your topicals. If you talk to your doctor about ur skin concerns they can give you a hormone therapy that's right for you. But keep in mind w these too, to give it at least 12 weeks and be realistic about your results