Notifications
Clear all

How Much Cleanser?

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 01/14/2015 4:44 pm

OK so I'm currently using a full, medium width fingers length of benzoyl peroxide similar to what Dan has pictured in the recommended dosage for it if you've bought it in a tube... I'm guessing I'm using closer to 1 1/2 pumps than 2 of it though. I'm currently using Clinderm's Soothing Lotion and Gentle Cleanser with it, as far as moisturizer goes I use the same amount as I do benzoyl peroxide and it seems to be enough for me (I have naturally oily skin) but I'm unsure as to how much cleanser to use. I noticed Dan recommends using 2 pumps of his cleanser so the same amount as you would benzoyl peroxide but that seems a little bit unnecessary to me. At the moment I'm using about half the amount of cleanser as I do BP and moisturizer. Do you guys think this should be alright for me to continue doing?... I just don't think that using more cleanser would equal it doing a better job cleaning my skin really. Oh and if I'm wearing makeup I make sure I remove it before hand just with cotton pads and cetaphil lol seems to work for me.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/14/2015 8:55 pm

Yeah, I'm kind of with you on the cleanser. We use half the amount recommended and it does a great job. The important thing regardless of which cleanser you use is to work up a good, rich lather prior to cleansing, so that you're gliding the product easily and gently over your skin, minimizing irritation. I think that's why Dan recommends the 2 pumps, but I find 2 pumps of his cleanser makes way too much lather...half of it is running down the drain as I work up the lather...maybe I just have very small hands haha ;) Guys may want more, especially if they want to shave with it, too, but one pump still makes a great lather and allows you to be gentle.