Notifications
Clear all

Is This Normal? =/

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/31/2013 2:33 am

I'm going into my 4th week of The Regimen, built my way up slowly with the BP, and have been on 1 full pump morning and night for about a week now - half a pump only at night for the first week, half a pump morning and night the second week, and a full pump morning and night the third week.

For the last couple of days my face has been flushed, warm to the touch, generally just really uncomfortable, and flaking like crazy. I thought the BP had started pilling up under my moisturizer, but nope, it was all flakes.

My skin doesn't even need the 5 minutes to dry after washing either. It only takes about a minute until it feels like a desert.

Is this typical after 3 weeks already?

I'm wondering if I should drop down to half a pump morning and night or wait it out a little longer.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 10/31/2013 4:51 am

Ugh, makes my skin crawl just reading these BP stories. I was clear just using BP every other night, even once a day application was too irritating to my skin.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 10/31/2013 6:26 am

This seems fairly normal. The initial stages of the regime can be very irritating; but your skin will eventually adjust to the BP. I personally think there is no harm dropping back down to 1/2 a pump if you feel it is still too irritating, then slowly increase again. Try some jojoba oil for the flakes.

All the best.

MemberMember
(@lord_ant_warrior)

Posted : 11/02/2013 7:43 pm

This is 100% par for the course whilst using the regimen. The best advice I could give personally is to use a powerful moisturizing cream and an AHA serum in conjunction with the BP. Believe me, I know how ridiculous the flaking can get, replacing skin of homo-sapian with that of homo-reptilia. I am struggling myself with the flakes at the moment but I have formulated a plan.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 11/04/2013 3:53 am

This is 100% par for the course whilst using the regimen. The best advice I could give personally is to use a powerful moisturizing cream and an AHA serum in conjunction with the BP. Believe me, I know how ridiculous the flaking can get, replacing skin of homo-sapian with that of homo-reptilia. I am struggling myself with the flakes at the moment but I have formulated a plan.

Thanks for the reassurance. smile.png

May I ask what your routine/plan is?

The flakes are calming down just a little bit, mostly they don't hurt as much so I've been able to keep it at a full pump of BP morning & night, but I'm scared to add an AHA since my face is still flushed.