Witch Hazel & The R...

Notifications
Clear all

Witch Hazel & The Regimen

MemberMember
(@jiddir)

Posted : 08/04/2013 12:53 am

Before I ever tried the regimen, one of my favorite products was witch hazel. I never found it to eliminate acne but I loved the smell and the feeling of it on my face. I stopped using witch hazel when I started the regimen. I was using the regimen religiously for 4 months and my moderate acne had drastically reduced but I still had redness and a few very puffy pimples regularly. After 4 months I decided to do an experiment and introduce witch hazel into the regimen. I washed my face as instructed but right after poured a generous amount of witch hazel on a cotton pad and would gently pat it on my face. I never rubbed my face with the witch hazel cotton pad, only patted my face until it was damp with witch hazel. I then wait 10-15 minutes for my face to dry and then move on to the BP gel and the moistizer w/ jajoba.

I was amazed by the results. After about a week my face was completely clear and I had no redness at all. I have been doing this now for 6 months and now only get one pimple about every 3 to 6 weeks.

I also did not experience any extra drying. My skin is actually less dry since i introduced the witch hazel. I do use 100% witch hazel as well.

Not sure if it would work for anyone else but it definitely made a huge difference for me.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/04/2013 4:40 am

I used witch hazel for a little while when I started the regimen. It just made my skin super dry. But I still have a huge bottle left that I want to use up.

Would you say the witch hazel helps more for the redness than the actual acne?

MemberMember
(@jiddir)

Posted : 08/04/2013 11:56 pm

For me it definitely helps with the acne. I see a very noticeable difference from when I use it and when I do not. I use 100% alcohol free witch hazel so it does not cause any extra drying. It actually seems to help moisturize. I think it helps my acne because it reduces inflammation and also soothes irritation.